So why is Poatan gonna lose to Hill?

That's the part that annoys me the most. Achilles injuries are notorious for being some of the nastiest to recover from, I highly doubt Jamahal is doing what he wants on that ankle right now. Maybe by the time the fight rolls around he'll be moving on it like he normally does, but they could have just kicked the fight down the road another 2 months since Jamahal is recovering from a brutal injury.

Ya he'll get knocked out and never recover again

KD took a year to recover from his achilles injury, and I know the NBA left no stone unturned

Hill is rushing his return and I doubt he had the same tier of recovery KD had, when you look at the timeline.

Ferguson rushed an ACL injury and went from the boogey man to a joke

Its always better to be safe than sorry with these types of injuries, a few small mistakes can limit you from ever training hard again.

Ya he'll get knocked out and never recover again

KD took a year to recover from his achilles injury, and I know the NBA left no stone unturned

Hill is rushing his return and I doubt he had the same tier of recovery KD had, when you look at the timeline.

Ferguson rushed an ACL injury and went from the boogey man to a joke

Its always better to be safe than sorry with these types of injuries, a few small mistakes can limit you from ever training hard again.
One of the big reasons KD is even still relevant is because he tore his right achilles, not his left. If he had tore his left he'd likely be a spot up shooting rotation player right now.

If you tear your left achilles as a right-handed basketball player it's curtains at that level. You need that foot to jump and burst off the ground for layups, dunks, jumpshots, etc. It's a big reason why Kobe went from tearing up the league at age 34, to not being able to get his shot off or finish at the rim.

Good examples of phenomenal players who went from All stars to out the league recently are John Wall and Demarcus Cousins, both tore the LEFT achilles. Once you tear the left you will never be close to the same in that sport.

Last edited:
I know not everyone thinks so, but enough people are saying it for me to be asking what they're seeing that I'm not.

Hill is mostly a striker right? Are you guys thinking he's a better striker than Pereira?

I guess he can also wrestle right? Is he any better at it than Jan?

His best wins are what? 45 year old Glover by decision, and Johnny Walker?

How exactly is this dude gonna avoid what Izzy, Jiri and Strickland couldn't... how is this guy gonna go 5 rounds with Poatan without getting his face caved in by one of those deadly hooks?

<{vega}>
Funny you mentioned Izzy since he is a 185er and he KO'd Alex cold. Alex TKO'd Izzy but he was deaded in the rematch. I think if Hill wins it will likely be a KO.

Hill could catch Pereira with something and win. But, coming back from a torn achilles after only 8 months, while admitting the UFC is throwing money at him to do it, doesn't make me think he's going to be anywhere near 100%. And if he isn't, he's going to get fucked up.

Nah, I like to summon dudes like you to MY thread, so you can feed my dopamine while you contribute to it while crying about it's existence.
lol please tell me that you see the irony in your last post.

I'm rooting for Alex but Hill has only been finished once, hits hard, has good timing and is good on the ground. He gave Glover a lot of trouble on the ground whereas Glover in even recent years has been beasting virtually everyone on the ground.

I think Hill has way more ways to win and I'm still not sold on Alex's chin. Alex has that one shot KO death power but I think he's a bit of a glass cannon. I'm still rooting for him because he's fun to watch but it wouldn't shock me if Hill made it look easy.

There's a different between saying someone has a punchers chance and saying definitively "this guy is going to win"
It's a competitive matchup. Hill has had an almost flawless career other than getting caught in an armbar and dislocating his arm. He dominated Glover for 5 rounds, something neither Jiri nor Blachowicz could do. The only question is if he is fully recovered.

Based on the things I said: reach, power, handspeed, straight punches, chin, youth - and Poatan's age, chinnyness, irresponsible defense and lack of headmovement.
Glover was able to defend himself on the ground in a way that Poatan can't if he gets hurt.
Alex has better boxing, kicking and a little more power so I wouldn't be underselling him here and Israel's style is really much more polished and centred around precision instead of Hills relatively sloppier boxing.

If he was healthy, Hill would be a somewhat dangerous opponent for Alex. But I don’t buy that Hill recovered 100% from his Achilles injury and I would have had him as an underdog prior to that injury anyway.

Because he gonna hit him with a straight punch on his chin which is too high and stationary and knock him out or TKO him.

This is what I'm leaning towards I think. Alex gets hit with straight shots down the middle way too much considering he's an elite striker, a guy like Hill can absolutely catch him with it

Hill is injured and undisciplined. Alex will beat him.

Hill hits hard, and Alex keeps his hands low. I think Hill catches him early, probably in the 2nd or 3rd.

I don't like either of these donks but Alex is winning by KO. I'll be back later.

Hill is more athletic than Alex and he hits hard. Hill doesn't have the same pedigree and he doesn't really stay in shape in between fights. He is coming back from an injury to his ankle.

Back