Sopranos casting.

Drunken Meat Fist

Veni Veni Veni
Senior Administrator
Reaction score
I've went over it. I have no idea who the fuck I could portray. Petey, ...I think I would give toes ....toes, Petey as Johnny Sack. Subtle like the intro to "Once Upon A Time in the West". Everyone shit's their pants with Janet Lee, Ned Stark, Drew Barrymore, and brutal out of nowhere deaths. It's an oldie, but with respect to Dead Man, Petey, Once Upon A Time, I think is the greatest Western and top five movie of all time. You've got Woody Strode, whoooo would hire this man, this trio of visual motherfucker who will carry a picture, and dink dink dink. I saw this movie in a motel room in the middle of a divorce, not mine, I was a fucking kid (paulie walnuts laugh).

I think it has to go back to Greek theater, but what the fuck do I know, to just present shit, with the dirt and heroics on full display, the beauty and fragility of life, and then just fucking SMACK. What you think is confortable and story line, maybe some structure or artistic or narrative comfort, a signpost of expectation, a three or five act production and then whatever you deem at the driving force of life, smears your board in one-off and dramatic way. All your days, who you are, just a clip. That is life.

Supposedly at one point they were going to do a film with Clint Eastwood and Bronson.. Man with no name Vs Harmonica, it was going to tie the Dollar films in with Once Upon a Time.. never ended up happening but man that would have been epic.

As is I think Eastwood and Bronson only did one western scene together and it was on a tv show..

Supposedly at one point they were going to do a film with Clint Eastwood and Bronson.. Man with no name Vs Harmonica, it was going to tie the Dollar films in with Once Upon a Time.. never ended up happening but man that would have been epic.

As is I think Eastwood and Bronson only did one western scene together and it was on a tv show..

That's right right. I'm the biggest idiot in the fucking world if you haven't got clue yet, I have this inexplicable predilection, besides saying shit like inexplicable predilection, I buy the great movies and thrust them upon people so I almost don't have any of my favorite movies. Books are different, I ruin books with the written interaction of the book. To quote the man, completely destroys the retail value.

I shouldn't have posted that clip, it's too much. I did it becaus after all these years, there are those books out there, like spell books, that call, and you know you have to have, but you say, for fuck sake, it they're that great it should be floating around, and then the clock ticks. There were a few books I let hang and motherfucker, you just have to buy this book. One that changed everything, like how you think about the concept of "god" and "deity" and why in the Greek days, the gods weren't mythological characters, or a psychological phenomemon. This was beyond real. They weren't sacrificing to appease, it wasn't like Mayan football, this is a hard book, because you have reconstruct what you think religion is. Even the word "cult," isn't what you think or the derivative.

I'm not pushing books, I'm pretty sure no one gives a shit.

Dionysus Myth & Cult by Walter F Otto. It's a legendarily wicked book. I'm not a show off, I'm just talking to a finite whoever, like old French poems, the shit that's important to me likely means shit to you. I fought this book for way too long. It's like Proust or just Jung, it's so daunting, you don't want to play. So is Shakespeare, So is Nietzsche, so is Igmar Bergman, so is the Bob Dylan catalogue, it's too much, but you do young, and then you have a frame of reference enough to ride the wave.

The other book, I haven't bought, Korzybski's general semantics. Wm Burroughs studied under him, this a very rough book, that no one cares about. It's a crazy black dead spellbook.

I heard they are rebooting the Sopranos, only with a black cast.

with respect to Dead Man, Petey, Once Upon A Time, I think is the greatest Western and top five movie of all time.

I was lucky enough to see this in the motherfucking THEATER when I saw it for the first time. God bless the indies. A big-ass ornate gorgeous old theater, that spells it theatre, projected on a brand-spanking clean 35mm print, with a buncha people in the room, the way it should be. And yes, that intro is burned into my brain. It’s like its own movie within the movie, before the movie even starts. I had always known the Ennio Morricone piece from it, for decades, because I had a 2-disc set of his works I got in the 90s that played on many repeats. But when I finally saw that, it was like I was hearing it for the first time. I was like oh, THIS is how the piece is supposed to be heard, this is why it is what it is. I was hanging on pins & needles watching that whole thing, a cherished cinema memory, so I’m not exactly gonna Daryl grunt at ya too mean if that’s yer pick. Solid

I've never seen a single episode of the Sopranos

Bruh

giphy.gif

That’s shocking. Not only is it great, it’s specifically your kinda show. It’s like the opposite of Fury Road

Do yourself a favor, remedy that shit

As far as casting goes, I think MR. INBETWEEN is the best-cast show I’ve ever seen in my life, absolutely no one hits a wrong note, from the lead in every episode on down to the guy in the hardware store in just one scene, it’s fucking eerie. Truly perfect casting. However THE SOPRANOS is certainly up there, pretty impressive from a casting standpoint

I’d wannabe Furio, but I’d just be another wannabe. Also I’ve met him, so I can confirm I’m not as cool. Also, Goondog already owns that shit. So, I guess I’d take Feech. It would be fun to yell at everybody in that voice, & I would take pleasure in pulling landscapers out of trees. I fucking hate the sound of leafblowers

ZVAcJH.gif

FUCK YA DOIN’?

I literally say this line in traffic all the time, in Feech voice

I've never seen a single episode of the Sopranos
Fuck off. I don't believe you. There's a lot of shit about me people don't believe. I can't ride a motorcycle, I've never punched a woman, I've never a local smoker, I haven't slept with a non caucasian, hold on, that's not true. The only thing I have against people of color is that not enough of them sleep with me. There was this Tongan, that's not disparaging, I think she was Tongan, she's gotta be all over this website in my stories. I would just wake up and this girl is my bed, like a fucking spidermonkey. she weighed light 99lbs, 5'2' maybe, and the cops were scared of her, she was absolute lunatic, almost evertime I fell asleep, which I don't do, she's under my arm. But also, she was one of those thrift store people so she's constantly naked and trying on clothes. You couldn't make eye contact, because felt she owed you and start unbuttoning your pants. She was a truly brutalized human being, I would take her in cause it's always raining, just sit down, relax. Nobody is gonna hurt you, you don't have to sleep with anybody, just clill out. The cops were scared of her because looking at her is rape, a scary person, she'll go off, and all you have to say is nutty bitch, you get it. But she had a food card too and was on Cyclobezabrine, and other muscle-relaxer and schizophrenic and epileptic medication. She knocked on my door one day, I know I posted this, she blew her whole fucking food card on King Crab legs cause she thought I would like that, it's a big gesture, and just let her crash. I'm like jesus slow down, she would put a hawaain ley on my head and say lets fuck so we can sleep.

I know I have what you think or know about me. There was this time, I was smashed days before she fell in again. It was pissing rain, she was pounding on my door and then my window. You open the fucking door, she's clingy and like animal grateful, and I'm just stop, let's go to bed. It's like an hour later I'm still fucked up but I'm staring at the ceiling. She's one of those girls who don't have to shave their legs, she has no hair anywhere ever. Her little is across mine. I was just goddamn it. I put her hand on my shit and it was like soft dominoes, rainy black night, two mentally messed up people, in our 30s, whatever it was, just make the day go away. There was a dozen times I woke up or came around with her doing shit to me. She scared me to death, she was a waif, she would crawl in windows and I'd wake up with her laying across me.

What was the question?

Back