PlayStation Spider-Man 2: Official Discussion

There's enough setups for DLC, another Miles type game and a fully fledged sequel. It's mad how much has been setup
Lol my brother and I were talking about exactly this. There’s so many ways for them to take this franchise.

A side mission set up another potential entirely new title. Insane what they crammed into this.

Incredible game. I thoroughly enjoyed the main story and I look forward to exploring the city.

So what Suit is everyone rocking?

Personally, the Into the spiderverse for miles and spider punk for peter are MINT. i just gotta remember to turn off the animation FX when using miles suit. tho it is pretty cool
I kept Miles in his suit, the rest took me out of the main story. Going with the

Wolverine suit

while I wrap things up.

Peter I’m going with

the traditional Black Suit

Both were super cool surprises so don’t want to spoil them.

I got the platinum trophy yesterday, I loved the game overall apart from that pointless mission with Hailie. I wouldn't have minded it so much if it was like the tagging in Infamous: Second Son. Luckily, it was like 5 minutes, but it wasn't good.

I kept Miles in his suit, the rest took me out of the main story. Going with the

Wolverine suit

while I wrap things up.

Peter I’m going with

the traditional Black Suit

Both were super cool surprises so don’t want to spoil them.

At the end I went with

The black suit with the red and blue hints for Peter, great homage to the 90's cartoon and the Boricua suit for Miles] . There were quite a few suits I really didn't like that I wouldn't bothered of unlocking if it weren't for the trophy

also, the Unidentified Target missions are 1000% worse than any MJ mission. they fucking suck/i fucking suck at them

edit: had to abandon the Chinatown one after wasting almost an hour trying to get it.

Last edited:
So I'm guessing there is no peter parker for the sequel? I had a feeling that's what they wanted..... I don't like it

i honestly cannot believe how lazy & shitty Peter’s unlockable suits are.

god dammit. i’m right at the end of the main story (about to head to May’s house to gameplan w/ Miles & MJ), & managed to grind to 93% game progress, but i have to go do dumb plans. hope all my gf’s college friends are ready to listen to me talk at them about this game & not much else besides attempting to explain my costume/Harmony Korine’s movie Trash Humpers

Last edited:
So I'm guessing there is no peter parker for the sequel? I had a feeling that's what they wanted..... I don't like it
I didn’t get that impression. Miles says “be Peter Parker for a while” which to me didn’t imply it’s a permanent thing. We probably get another MM game before the next Spider-Man.

I think they're setting up a Miles Morales 2, with the introduction of Cindy Moon/Silk. When Miles Morales came out, they came up with some contrived "Yeah, so I'm going to Europe for a while, you can handle it". So I think this is just the reason to sideline Peter without the "I'm going on vacation again", and then I think the events of MM2 will have an ending where shit goes sideways, and then they'll have Carnage, Doc Ock, and Norman Osborn/Green Goblin all wrecking shit, and then Peter Parker will have to suit up again

so i pulled the classic, “i’m right at the end it’ll be quick i promise,” followed by the, “I SWEAR I DIDN’T KNOW IT WAS GOING TO BE THIS LONG!” (;););)) as my gf sat there annoyed af ready to hit the fucking road.

DON’T CARE. HE SAID
READY THE G-SERUM

thoughts on a sequel? I think the scale of the villains was bigger here than in the first game, assuming spiderman is back we might have three spider-heros so the villains will be even more challenging (maybe some clone wars type stuff).
One important thing is I hope base peter parker is improved cause he was boring to play with without the symbiote

thoughts on a sequel? I think the scale of the villains was bigger here than in the first game, assuming spiderman is back we might have three spider-heros so the villains will be even more challenging (maybe some clone wars type stuff).
One important thing is I hope base peter parker is improved cause he was boring to play with without the symbiote
i think @Smigg is on the right track. we probably get a Miles sequel featuring Silk, primary antagonist probably being Carnage and/or Chameleon is my best guess. then have a massive “final chapter” that brings Peter back to help battle Green Goblin

Story didn’t hook me quite as much as the first game and I think that’s common with sequels that try to go this much bigger.
i feel the opposite. i thought the story in the first was well paced & had an exceptional ending (i’m not crying; you’re crying), but was otherwise a serviceable narrative that i kinda mostly forgot about immediately. the story in this one was totally my Spidey jam. the redemption & identity arcs are always my favorite Spidey stories, so Spider-Man 2 was so in my lane from start to finish. i was also impressed that they served us full course meal character arcs for both of our protagonists. the stakes never felt unevenly balanced one way or the other

Finished the game today. Pretty awesome experience. Lots of "oh shit" moments and some nice setups for the future games.

same here. This was a wild fun ride. 10/10 for me. They broke some norms and things I totally didn’t expect.

the game was not easy. I died a lot. You’re practically restarting at the fight if you lose so it’s very convenient to try and try again till you succeed.

Agree with everyone up here about the future of this franchise. It’s bright and fun!

Back