Stairway to Heaven or Bohemian Rhapsody: Which is the ultimate rock masterpiece?

Paranoid Android, No. November Rain is in that realm of greatness.

This is no joke, I think the back to back transition of Locomotive to Estranged is my favorite rock masterpiece.

I was at the London Gn'R show last night and it kind of bugs me that they do Estranged without Locomotive in front of it.

Fuck queen and that over played shit.

Paranoid Android, No. November Rain is in that realm of greatness.
Paranoid Android shits on November Rain.

I'd choose Bohemian Rhapsody over Stairway to Heaven. Another anthemic rock masterpiece that I think vies to define that generation is The Who's Baba O'Riley:

I enjoy both songs. I would probably give the nod to Queen, seeing as their song isn't lifted from a band that opened for them.

I'll add this one to the mix of greats.

Paranoid Android shits on November Rain.

giphy.gif

Stairway.

A better question is ‘Stairway’ Vs ‘Free Bird’ imo

Thats a much tougher call

Stairway and Bohemian aren't even Queen and Zep's best song. So neither.

I'd rather listen to Thank You by Zep and Radio Gaga by Queen. Much more enjoyable in a casual sense.

They're both good, but I think they're both overrated in being "owners" of the rock ballad.

Just off the top of my head, "Paranoid Android" and "November Rain" are just as good.

lol wtf. Neither of those songs are ballads. Good songs yes but no, just no.

lol wtf. Neither of those songs are ballads. Good songs yes but no, just no.

I might be a little off in my technical definition of "Ballad", but they all have the same general structure in terms of song writing. "Opus", perhaps? You know what I mean.

I prefer Bohemian Rhapsody.
I would take "Child in Time" over both.

Neither of those two songs are even the best tracks off of their respective albums imo

I might be a little off in my technical definition of "Ballad", but they all have the same general structure in terms of song writing. "Opus", perhaps? You know what I mean.
I don't think you're off at all.

I would consider these defining examples of the "rock opera power ballad", if we want to get anally specific.

Stairway to Heaven imo, I have more appreciation for Bohemian Rhapsody than I use to, but it still feels slightly comedic to me.

Back