Star Wars 2026. Brace your self.

This thing about records being the expectation simply isn't true. Besides ROTS I do not believe any Star Wars movie has made more money than its predeccessor in a trilogy. Ignoring the films quality and just looking at the numbers they don't stand out from the other Star Wars trilogys.
Every single numbered Star Wars movie had a bigger Opening Weekend gross than the previous entry until TLJ

A New Hope - Set the US weekend gross record, 1st Film to hit $500M, and was at one point the highest grossing movie of all time unadjusted for inflation.

Empire - Purposely limited release to increase anticipation. Had the highest per theater gross in history, broke the record for most money made in a weekend, highest earning film of the year.

Return of the Jedi - Largest opening weekend ever.

The Phantom Menace - Largest single day gross in history, largest 5 day gross in history, fastest film to hit $200 and $300M, largest 2nd weekend in history, Opening Weekend record in UK and Japan.

Attack of the Clones - Largest Thursday gross of all time, largest international opening weekend of all time, largest Star Wars and 20th Century Fox opening of all time.

Revenge of the Sith - Highest midnight screening gross ever, highest opening day gross ever, highest single day gross ever, highest Thursday gross ever, highest 4 day ever, largest international opening ever.

The Force Awakens - Largest Domestic total gross to this day, largest Thursday previews of all time, 1st film to make over $100M in a day, largest opening day and single day of all time, largest opening weekend of all time.

Then the Last Jedi came out...

Every single numbered Star Wars movie had a bigger Opening Weekend gross than the previous entry until TLJ

A New Hope - Set the US weekend gross record, 1st Film to hit $500M, and was at one point the highest grossing movie of all time unadjusted for inflation.

Empire - Purposely limited release to increase anticipation. Had the highest per theater gross in history, broke the record for most money made in a weekend, highest earning film of the year.

Return of the Jedi - Largest opening weekend ever.

The Phantom Menace - Largest single day gross in history, largest 5 day gross in history, fastest film to hit $200 and $300M, largest 2nd weekend in history, Opening Weekend record in UK and Japan.

Attack of the Clones - Largest Thursday gross of all time, largest international opening weekend of all time, largest Star Wars and 20th Century Fox opening of all time.

Revenge of the Sith - Highest midnight screening gross ever, highest opening day gross ever, highest single day gross ever, highest Thursday gross ever, highest 4 day ever, largest international opening ever.

The Force Awakens - Largest Domestic total gross to this day, largest Thursday previews of all time, 1st film to make over $100M in a day, largest opening day and single day of all time, largest opening weekend of all time.

Then the Last Jedi came out...
surely it's coincidental......

I hope we have some lightsaber castrations in the movie to make men feel uncomfortable

I haven't seen any of the new star wars. I don't know none of the characters. I just know the face of that blocky body fellow who looks like Snape from Harry Potter.

Why is anyone even mad? Every real fan knows the series ended with Episode 3.
I'm gonna be an outlier and say the newer ones were rough but tolerable. But it seems like the ones after this year are gonna be really bad.

For those who think this is going to even get to Day 1 of Principle Photography, it isn't.

Star Wars has the recent-history record for the most movies announced that never went beyond pre-production.

Remember the Bobba Fett movie? Cancelled.
Rian Johnson's trilogy? Cancelled.
David & Dan (GoT) trilogy? Cancelled.
Patty Jenkins's Rogue Squadron movie? Cancelled.

This is just for public consumption so Kathleen Kennedy can keep her job as LucasFilm president, seemingly to have big films in production in which she is 'integral to their development.' Or at least she can claim that in the board room.

Lets look at her failures...

The 'Solo' disaster - the first Star Wars movie to go so horribly overbudget that it lost money.

The first two seasons of Mandalorian were good, but due to her lack of involvement. Then the other Disney+ shows were disasters because of her fingerprints all over everything, including the 3rd season of Mandalorian.

Numerous projects announced + cancelled displays her competence as President if a film studio.

Indiana Jones 5 - Complete failure. Supposedly a $500 million budget (underreported by Disney) plus $100+ million marketing budget and only brought in $200 million.

At this point she must have more blackmail material than the Clintons over the most powerful people at Disney & the entire film industry to keep her job.

For those who think this is going to even get to Day 1 of Principle Photography, it isn't.

Star Wars has the recent-history record for the most movies announced that never went beyond pre-production.

This is just for public consumption so Kathleen Kennedy can keep her job as LucasFilm president, seemingly to have big films in production in which she is 'integral to their development.' Or at least she can claim that in the board room.

The 'Solo' disaster - the first Star Wars movie to go so horribly overbudget that it lost money.

The first two seasons of Mandalorian were good, but due to her lack of involvement. Then the other Disney+ shows were disasters because of her fingerprints all over everything, including the 3rd season of Mandalorian.

Numerous projects announced + cancelled displays her competence as President if a film studio.

Indiana Jones 5 - Complete failure. Supposedly a $500 million budget (underreported by Disney) plus $100+ million marketing budget and only brought in $200 million.

At this point she must have more blackmail material than the Clintons over the most powerful people at Disney & the entire film industry to keep her job.
100. How many fake outs have we had? GOT dipshits, Rian Trilogy, Wonder Woman director. Iger would be fucking retarded to greenlight this. Their stock has been stagnant at $90 for how long now? Hope he gets shit canned. Never in my life did I think damn I miss Michael Eisner, but that guy was underappreciated, cause Iger is a can with zero ability other than acquisitions.

I think SW fans at this point just wanted Hope. A new hope perhaps lol. But just the idea that their beloved franchise is in the hands of someone capable after all the woke failures. Then they get bitch slapped. With Disney TV Streaming losing billions, and the properties they purchased floundering, there is only 1 person to blame. Somehow that person is still employed. I can't think of another company that would ride with a proven loser. But hey, Diversity.

Psychologist Sadia Khan talked to Star Wars Theory about this:

Full interview:

I remember making a thread a couple months ago asking why Sadia Khan is so popular on youtube.

It’s not even that she’s a feminist or an activist — she’s not a film director.

Why give the keys to a billion dollar franchise to someone who has never directed a film??

Psychologist Sadia Khan talked to Star Wars Theory about this:

Full interview:

I remember making a thread a couple months ago asking why Sadia Khan is so popular on youtube.

This is also why you see so many white women in protests they have no connection to--BLM, Palestine, fake outrage "we are oppressed too". They need to be a part of something that gets them sympathy. The only time it doesn't work is when there is a group of people that are perceived "more oppressed" and "more victimized" like trans women competing against biological women in sports. All of a sudden only truly strong women speak out --like Riley Gaines and Martinia Navratalova. Women that do not see themselves as victims and don't need the sympathy.

As for Star Wars, it will fail like the Marvels did. In what world would a female come in and say "It's about time a female driven Star Wars world is created". There has been a female lead for the last 5 movies. They added nonsense female characters for no other reason but diversity in most of them. Anything Disney touches is woke garbage until the people in charge are replaced.

I still can not figure out with all the failures why she still has a job. It would be like having a basketball team, with the highest payroll, and constantly losing. The first thing that happens is the coach is fired, but somehow she is still running the show.

I still can not figure out with all the failures why she still has a job.

Don't ask me how, but somehow she structured LucasFilm to implode without herself being President of it.

Either that, or she had Epstein-like blackmail evidence against everyone at Disney that would have influence in firing her.

Makes me wonder if she had dirt on George Lucas and forced the sale of LucasFilm to Disney with herself being the hand-picked President of it.

Is that Alex Jones conspiracy level bullshit?
Maybe.
But Alex Jones has been right about alot of conspiracy bullshit.

It’s not even that she’s a feminist or an activist — she’s not a film director.

Why give the keys to a billion dollar franchise to someone who has never directed a film??
to destroy completely something that gave joy and created a sense of community to a huge number of people?

I still can not figure out with all the failures why she still has a job. It would be like having a basketball team, with the highest payroll, and constantly losing. The first thing that happens is the coach is fired, but somehow she is still running the show.
Year ago, J Robinson (Minnesota's wrestling coach) made a similar comment.

He was paid less than both the men's and women's basketball coaches.

He comments was "Pay me as much as they get, and I'll make sure my team sucks too."

Back