Television ANDOR (Dragonlord's Recommendation: One of the Best TV Shows of 2022, post #439)

It starts slow but I love it. My favorite Star Wars show by far.

As others have pointed out, it's a spy thriller first, Star Wars show second. The acting is fantastic, but if that genre isn't for you, it will bore you to death.

Appreciated, good sir.

<JackieThumbsUp>

I'm new to this Star Wars thingy...

<YeahOKJen>

but as I understand it, the base of it is that an oppressive government has cheated their way into power through law... and is now demanding that everyone else fall in line with their excessive demands or else they'll face consequencez.

Is that right? ...because it sounds to me like a modern day documentary of our current timez.

<Neil01>

In my neighborhood... what they call "the rebels" is just being a redneck. Teh fook you mean I gotta comply? We can get gunz too MFer...

...and been developing a damn good start for generationz.

I can relate to the sentiment, but it doesn't quite fit here. The Rebellion leaders in Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, et al. seem ideologically about open borders and reduced military spending and are opposed by the Empire on these points. But mostly they are against oppression by a central government so I guess your redneck analogy makes sense there.

This program seemz like big medicine... that we all will need to add to our decision making processez moving forward.

Off the top of my head, the movie that was most clearly about big medicine was Elysium. That was an advertisement for Obamacare.

It starts slow but I love it. My favorite Star Wars show by far.

As others have pointed out, it's a spy thriller first, Star Wars show second. The acting is fantastic, but if that genre isn't for you, it will bore you to death.

After episode 4, I kind of disagree on it being "spy thriller first, Star Wars show second." While that was true for the first 3 episodes, E4 has introduced the future leader of the Rebellion, the guy who appears to be her primary behind-the-scenes collaborator, name dropped two of Palpatine's closest advisors and shown budding Imperial awareness and concern over a rebellion uprising. So it's unmistakably a SW show now albeit a spy-themed one. But they seem to be doubling down on what they gave us in Rogue One and I am 100% onboard for more of that.

Last edited:
Oh great, another live-action Star Wars series to not watch.
Mandalorian and a Jedi Tale are the only two I'm willing to watch.
I couldn't finish BOBF, that series and actor were absolutely garbo, even for corny Disney standards. I still haven't finished it til this day.
Kenobi wasn't too bad, but not great either. Seemed like a waste of an idea/series.

Mandalorian and a Jedi Tale are the only two I'm willing to watch.
I couldn't finish BOBF, that series and actor were absolutely garbo, even for corny Disney standards. I still haven't finished it til this day.
Kenobi wasn't too bad, but not great either. Seemed like a waste of an idea/series.
The last few episodes of BOBF were pretty good. It definitely started off very poorly.

Acknowledgement of her trolling, past & present... copied.
Thank you for that.

What we need is a forum that discusses Star Wars

... not backing up in time to when these trolls ran everyone out, who said anything positive about it. Anyone remember those timez? I sure AF do.

Comments like @GearSolidMetal puts up are toxic & not worthy of Sherdog's now clean Star Wars threads.

Through extremely hard circumstances... we've achieved a forum that can constructively discuss Star Wars. We need to protect that integrity.

I'm not sure if y'all are aware of the time & energy I've personally spent here in that regard... but we may very well be the single only forum who has reduced its trolls through the years to a point where we can actually discuss content... & talk about real things we feel & want to talk about.

This forum previously, (and most other forums around the net...) have just conceded to the trolls. (Even the self admitted trolls like @GearSolidMetal)

I came to the thread simply asking if the new episode/s have improved, and I was immediately insulted.

I responded in kind.

I came to the thread simply asking if the new episode/s have improved, and I was immediately insulted.

I responded in kind.
Holy fook...(if true...) how the tables have turned... when I came to this forum & was immediately insulted for my crime "OF LIKING" it.

Welcome to my world.

Last edited:

I responded in kind.
Oh no! If it isn't the consequences of your actions! How unfair!

what
which episode?
i didn't notice that

Two of the rebel operatives in episode 4 were rocking them on Aldhani. There are some extraneous notches on the magazine clip, but that's an AK-47 straight outta Compton.

star-wars-AK.jpg

Having AKs in a fucking Star Wars series is so dumb, jesus christ.
Let's also put Elvis in there.
Legit didn't spot it when i watched it first. thanks.
It's not an AK-47. It's a gun that looks like an AK-47.

f4zblhpo6y061.jpg

FN_Right__67272.1594410140.jpg

529e230ceab8eaca7369ae60

People are just looking for things to get upset about. Snowflakes, I tell ya.

Having AKs in a fucking Star Wars series is so dumb, jesus christ.
Let's also put Elvis in there.
Legit didn't spot it when i watched it first. thanks.

Don't be a hater, bruh. This looks like an oversight for sure, but next to all the violations of the laws of physics they commit on SW and the fact that 95% of alien races look like regular humans with maybe a prosthetic vagina on their face or a tentacle(s) extending from their head, this isn't really a big deal. SW is supposed to be a fun show and as long as they're doing that without getting TOO stupid, I'm all in.

Don't be a hater, bruh. This looks like an oversight for sure, but next to all the violations of the laws of physics they commit on SW and the fact that 95% of alien races look like regular humans with maybe a prosthetic vagina on their face or a tentacle(s) extending from their head, this isn't really a big deal. SW is supposed to be a fun show and as long as they're doing that without getting TOO stupid, I'm all in.
i wish they made more alien looking aliens, but i get the money is tight for the production on this one. no more saarlac pits for a while. still going to watch, mostly for skarsgaard who's awesome in everything but it lost of bit of the seriousness with this ak47 thing. was reading reactions online to it and it's pretty similar.
given how little these morons doing the script these days know or care to know about the star wars lore, it would not surprise me if some didn't know about the "long time ago" part.

i wish they made more alien looking aliens, but i get the money is tight for the production on this one. no more saarlac pits for a while. still going to watch, mostly for skarsgaard who's awesome in everything but it lost of bit of the seriousness with this ak47 thing. was reading reactions online to it and it's pretty similar.
given how little these morons doing the script these days know or care to know about the star wars lore, it would not surprise me if some didn't know about the "long time ago" part.

Lol. I'm taking this show as it comes and really liking it so far but I'll call a spade a spade. So far this is a big improvement over BOBF (other than the Mandalorian episodes) and Obi Wan Kenobi (other than Ewan's scenes with Vader).

Yes the AK-47 seems like a blatant oversight but I wonder if the real story doesn't come out later. It's like the "plastic baby" scene in American Sniper. Maybe the night before they filmed that scene, the production manager was like, "Oh shit, the prop blaster rifles we ordered won't be here until Friday. Call Benny Blanco from the Bronx and have him drop off whatever he has to props tomorrow morning. It's either that or the rebels are carrying slingshots and thighbone clubs from the butcher shop down the street."

Last edited:
Back