Sterling shouldn't have won the belt, just make the title vacant

Basically the same shit happened, Roy Jones knowingly broke the rules and deserved to lose the title

Good post. Totally agree. Jones was never happy about this saying "They stole my unbeaten record" but the rules are clear. It's always strange when fighters who are totally on top of a fight do things like this. I remember Andrew Golota was giving Bowe a beating and couldn't help but throw low blows and get himself disqualified.

Just make a rematch as soon as possible. He's not the champ in many people's minds. But I see TS has already changed his mind a bit, which is good. What if Sterling had really ragdolled Yan for 4.5 rounds, then of course we'd be okay him being the champ.

Not defending Yan, but the downed opponent rule must be changed. Now it's too hazy for ref and the other fighter and easy for stalling. Is a hand slightly touching the ground, or knee. It should be like all four limbs or like butt, someone wiser can figure it out. But clearly this is not what it was meant to be: protecting from like bad stomps etc.

Btw, can someone with more knowledge tell me who has the power to choose between DQ and NC? The ref?

Back