Stipe 2014 vs Stipe 2020

Hitman

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
When was the best version of Stipe ?
Against Near to prime JDS ( first fight ) or against DC ( 2019 or 2020 )

Stipe has now improved since 2014 :

Better cardio

Hands faster

More skilled ( can kick, knee,

More IQ fighter

Better footwork

Punch harder

More durable ( took 162 punch on the head in the DC rematch and 77 in the 3rd fight ( same against JDS 1 ) )

Stipe is better everywhere compared in 2014 :

Physically

Technicaly

Confidence

When was the best version of Stipe ?
Against Near to prime JDS ( first fight ) or against DC ( 2019 or 2020 )

Stipe has now improved since 2014 :

Better cardio

Hands faster

More skilled ( can kick, knee,

More IQ fighter

Better footwork

Punch harder

More durable ( took 162 punch on the head in the DC rematch and 77 in the 3rd fight ( same against JDS 1 ) )

you answered your own question

Never though he would be champ
stipe-struve.gif
Stuve had challenged inner Jones in that fight using eye pokes and his reach.

Never though he would be champ
stipe-struve.gif
people and fighter can evolve and improved ! Depend to your decision !
After this fight, the young fighter started his decline at 24 years old and older fighter improved again and again ( even physicaly ) at 31 years old, and now at 38 years old continue to improved

Following his learning experience at the hands of JDS 1, I think Stipe peaked in early 2016 (or maybe 2015 with the Hunt fight) and has steadily regressed since then. I'd consider Francis the end of his peak (and part of me hesitates to include it as anything more than a last hurrah) -- and not just because he got knocked the fuck out by DC right after. He still has some gas in the tank, of course. He wouldn't have been able to make the adjustments to TKO DC in the rematch or win the rubber match if that weren't the case.

But the amount of punishment he absorbed in those three wars and worrying habits he displayed against an aged fighter in Cormier convince me that Stipe is on the decline himself. Better than the rookie who got schooled by JDS? Probably, but still not the guy who had a 6-win streak including four 1st round knockouts over a series of legends in the sport (albeit old and shot ones).

During that streak, he looked his sharpest: mixing up his wrestling and boxing when and where he needed, shifting away from his technical volume-punching style to start throwing serious heat (though he showed is still more than capable of the former when needed), solid cardio, granite chin & quick recovery from shots, and juuuust enough killer instinct now tempered with more discipline than before. He still did some really fucktarded stuff like getting clipped by Reem with his hands down and getting into unnecessary windmilling pocket exchanges with Big Frank, but other than that I definitely consider this time his peak.

But I digress. Yeah, I favor 2020 Stipe over 2014 Stipe for the most part I guess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back