Suggest fights for me to watch today

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Here in Quebec it's the ''construction holidays''
2 weeks during the summer for Construction worker.

I'm a Concrete Salesman, at work.
No work for me this week.
0 phone or Email to pass time.

So this week, I started watching old fight to pass time.
Already watched most of my favs all time fights.

Gatti V Ward 1
Jirov V Toney
Hagler V Hearns
Corrales V Castillo
Holmes V Norton
Kessler V Calzaghe
Mosley V Margarito
Casamayor V Katsidis
Bahoeli V Carman

Suggest more fight not on this list,
(+ if it's on Youtube please)

Gonna throw some random ones out

Vazquez vs Marquez 1, 2, 3
Marquez vs Pac
Morales vs Barrera
Morales vs Pac
Somsak vs Monshipour
Vargas vs Miura
Pavlik vs Taylor
Naoya vs Donaire (personal bias but oh well)

I'd even recommend this from a few months ago -

EDIT - Saad Muhammad vs Lopez 2

Gonna throw some random ones out

Vazquez vs Marquez 1, 2, 3
Marquez vs Pac
Morales vs Barrera
Morales vs Pac
Somsak vs Monshipour
Vargas vs Miura
Pavlik vs Taylor
Naoya vs Donaire (personal bias but oh well)

I'd even recommend this from a few months ago -

EDIT - Saad Muhammad vs Lopez 2

Thanks, Morales V Pac!
Used to be a sucker for Erik.
will watch Saad Vs lopez too!

Pavlik V Miranda instead of Taylor! ;)

Hopkins vs Trinidad is a fight I rewatch every couple of years for the fight itself and George Foreman’s commentary.

Probably my favorite classic fight ever. I love it that in the comments section for the video I have one on there from 4 years ago lol

Love this fight

Boxing fans are the only people that have a year long sport with fights every week, and theyll go watch a meaningless fight from 15-30 years ago.
You couldn't get a die hard football fan to watch a random game from a year ago let alone 15 years ago.
What you should do is watch every fight from all the best current fighters and all of the prospects as well.
Then you'll have a good grasp for the current scene.
Watching a fight for the 18th time is just stupid.

Watch some Emanuel "Drunken Master" Augustus fights. Augustus-Ward was a good one and Mayweather said Augustus gave him one of his toughest fights.

For a classic, Robinson-Basilio I is fucking great.

Boxing fans are the only people that have a year long sport with fights every week, and theyll go watch a meaningless fight from 15-30 years ago.
You couldn't get a die hard football fan to watch a random game from a year ago let alone 15 years ago.
What you should do is watch every fight from all the best current fighters and all of the prospects as well.
Then you'll have a good grasp for the current scene.
Watching a fight for the 18th time is just stupid.

I disagree. Watching old fights gives you a better sense of the sport and it's history, as well as how it has evolved. I love old fights, especially the stuff from the 50/60/70s.

Raul Balbi V Leonard Dorin for anybody who haven't watched it.

I think you'll like Hagler vs Mugabi if you haven't seen it yet. 2 hard men banging skillfully in the pocket.

Trinidad V Vargas
GGG V Lemieux
Zepeda V Baranchyk
Angel Fierro V Alberto Machado

All of them are on Youtube

Well these aren't random fights, they're top quality classics. But even if that's what you meant the whole football fan thing is completely wrong, there's classic soccer and NFL (regardless of which "football" you meant) from decades ago on tv all the time that millions of people watch, so i'm not quite sure where you got that assumption from.

Again, if you simply meant random matches like you said then most boxing fans wouldn't watch a random match from years ago either. It's exactly the same regardless of the sport.

Back