Suggest fights for me to watch today

very recent fight but Matias vs Jumbakaayev was a banger; I'd watch that if possible

also the Penalosa/Tokuyama fights were good IIRC

very recent fight but Matias vs Jumbakaayev was a banger; I'd watch that if possible

also the Penalosa/Tokuyama fights were good IIRC

I actually posted the link to Matias vs Jukembayev in case OP was interested.

I disagree. Watching old fights gives you a better sense of the sport and it's history, as well as how it has evolved. I love old fights, especially the stuff from the 50/60/70s.
Yea, watching them 20 times and never watching fights of today, is pointless unless you're a trainer or fighter.
Why not watch every match of today?
We've all seen those fights. Watching them over and over and over becomes stagnant unless there is a reason for it

Well these aren't random fights, they're top quality classics. But even if that's what you meant the whole football fan thing is completely wrong, there's classic soccer and NFL (regardless of which "football" you meant) from decades ago on tv all the time that millions of people watch, so i'm not quite sure where you got that assumption from.

Again, if you simply meant random matches like you said then most boxing fans wouldn't watch a random match from years ago either. It's exactly the same regardless of the sport.
NFL. Not soccer. And I can take the biggest Seattle Seahawks fan or Denver Broncos fan and walk up with the Packers vs Patriots 1996 Super Bowl and go "Great football here, want to watch?"
They would tell me to get the fuck outta here.

Watch Lucas Matthysse vs John Molina. That was a fucking banger and fairly recent one that is kinda under the radar.

Yea, watching them 20 times and never watching fights of today, is pointless unless you're a trainer or fighter.
Why not watch every match of today?
We've all seen those fights. Watching them over and over and over becomes stagnant unless there is a reason for it

You're acting like it's impossible to keep up with recent fights and watch the oldies....when it's not. I don't think anyone just watched old fights, since if you're invested enough to watch the older ones, you're probably also watching contemporary fights.

Also, some of the best fights I've watched over a dozen times. Never gets stagnant for me.

Boxing fans are the only people that have a year long sport with fights every week, and theyll go watch a meaningless fight from 15-30 years ago.
You couldn't get a die hard football fan to watch a random game from a year ago let alone 15 years ago.
What you should do is watch every fight from all the best current fighters and all of the prospects as well.
Then you'll have a good grasp for the current scene.
Watching a fight for the 18th time is just stupid.
Really? :confused:

There's such a thing as balance. We can learn from the past. There's no way that classics from the past should just be forgotten.

Duran vs Barkley.
Actually, anything with Duran in it.

These little fuckers went at it. Badly.

Also, any Saad Muhammad fight that gets mentioned on boxing forums. Marvin Johnson 1&2, Kates, Conteh 1, Lopez 1&2... I just love the guy.
Yep, his fights were some of the very best. Even his lesser fights such as those with Billy "Dynamite" Douglas, Murray Sutherland & Vonzell Johnson were great.

And we have to have at least one heavyweight classic. So, here's Jimmy Ellis vs Earnie Shavers.

And since the OP comes from Quebec I feel compelled to include some highlights from my old friend & IBF light middleweight champion from Montreal, Matt Hilton. He was a devastating puncher. I know from first-hand experience because I was a sparring partner of his back in '85 - '86 & I can still feel his left hook to the body on cold rainy days because he tore my ribs up with it the last time we sparred.

You're acting like it's impossible to keep up with recent fights and watch the oldies....when it's not. I don't think anyone just watched old fights, since if you're invested enough to watch the older ones, you're probably also watching contemporary fights.

Also, some of the best fights I've watched over a dozen times. Never gets stagnant for me.
Really? :confused:

There's such a thing as balance. We can learn from the past. There's no way that classics from the past should just be forgotten.
Not forgotten. If he has an allotted time to get interested in the sport, he should watch some of the current crop.
@mozfonky
Should watch some current guys too, since were talkin, said he was going too.

I was going to post Troy Dorsey vs Kevin Kelley but I can't find it on YT anymore.

Back