Social "Systemic Racism"

I think there is some systemic racism but not to the point that people think it is. The left has tried to re-write the original definition of racism to mean that it isn't racist unless their is systemic power behind it, or in other words you can't be racist unless you're white. I don't agree with it because I know lots of people who aren't white who are racist

Obviously based on what? The fact that the DOJ has uncovered system racism in the police like it did with the Ferguson Police Department?

nothing_to_see_here_gif_1024x1024.gif
Even if the ENTIRE Ferguson PD was Blazing Saddles-level racist, it would only mean that this specific PD was racist, and would not equal to “systemic racism” across the U.S., as some are wanting us to believe.

It does seem like this fuzzy generic term that people can keep on railing against without showing any proof of what they actually mean. It gives people an endlessly moving target so they never have to nail down what they mean and that no goal or result ever has to be aimed at...too convenient IMO. There's definitely racist assholes in charge at certain places but across the entire society? I just do not buy it one fucking bit.

In the finance industry there are these POC programs in banks that benefit blacks only and no other race. We have lots of East/South Asian guys in this industry and as a result most places I've worked have been quite diverse but they are not considered real POC as far as HR is concerned, these initiatives purely exist to help black people. This kind of stuff exists across all different industries in America so when people constantly complain of systemic racism when the opposite is true is bizarre to me. It's almost like they have a vested interest in keeping this shit alive as long as people keep giving them things every time they complain...there's only so far you can push this shit before you exhaust the goodwill.

Call me a cynic but that's how it is.

Even if the ENTIRE Ferguson PD was Blazing Saddles-level racist, it would only mean that this specific PD was racist, and would not equal to “systemic racism” across the U.S., as some are wanting us to believe.
But you admit that is an example of systemic racism right? So it clearly exists in at least some parts of the country.

Look no further than the prison industrial complex. On average prisoners in a state are 5 times more likely to be black than white, and that number gets as high as 10 to 1 in a few states including Minnesota.

We throw the book at African Americans, imprisoning more on a per crime basis, and then wonder where all the fathers are at. You see prisons profiting off of more inmates and they lobby for harder laws that disproportionately affect black people and minorities. We've been seeing it for decades starting in a time period we all acknowledge was racist. It's cause and effect that's disrupted hundreds of thousands of families for generations now.

You have impoverished urban areas with high crime that are made up of black people, these are places that were originally mixed and successful but the highways were built that led to suburbs with new homes and you had the banks giving loans to whites and excluding blacks. The white owned businesses, remember this is years before blacks were even allowed to vote, moved to the suburbs with the white population and were left with urban areas that were gutted of employment opportunities with many many years of severe racism to follow.

Now those areas have high crime and you have people blaming rap music and bad culture when it's the direct cause lack of opportunity, lack of resources, and direct racism in government and law that further destablized these communities.

Systemic racism is in the roots of our society, it's not direct racism because it mostly gets by with apathy and denial. It's the mentality that racism and it's consequences stopped in 1963, and an unwillingness to reassess that idea.

It's a term manufactured by leftists to explain the failings of dumb and or lazy people and to attack America
But to address the real problem would take some really work and heavy lifting, aint no liberal got time for that

no TS, there isn't.

Look no further than the prison industrial complex. On average prisoners in a state are 5 times more likely to be black than white, and that number gets as high as 10 to 1 in a few states including Minnesota.

We throw the book at African Americans, imprisoning more on a per crime basis, and then wonder where all the fathers are at. You see prisons profiting off of more inmates and they lobby for harder laws that disproportionately affect black people and minorities. We've been seeing it for decades starting in a time period we all acknowledge was racist. It's cause and effect that's disrupted hundreds of thousands of families for generations now.

You have impoverished urban areas with high crime that are made up of black people, these are places that were originally mixed and successful but the highways were built that led to suburbs with new homes and you had the banks giving loans to whites and excluding blacks. The white owned businesses, remember this is years before blacks were even allowed to vote, moved to the suburbs with the white population and were left with urban areas that were gutted of employment opportunities with many many years of severe racism to follow.

Now those areas have high crime and you have people blaming rap music and bad culture when it's the direct cause lack of opportunity, lack of resources, and direct racism in government and law that further destablized these communities.

Systemic racism is in the roots of our society, it's not direct racism because it mostly gets by with apathy and denial. It's the mentality that racism and it's consequences stopped in 1963, and an unwillingness to reassess that idea.
Lol...you are baiting some wild racism with this.

Big part of the reason as to why things stand that way, though, is because of the policies put forth by Democrats in the 1990's in an effort to "protect" these communities from crime. I'm not sure if we can say outright that the intention was to put forth a systemic racist policy, unless we are to acknowledge at the same time that men like Joe Biden, for example, greatly contributed to systemic racism. How could we, then, expect this very same man to be the solution now, in 2020?

I think that the intentions were not necessarily racist but the outcomes arguably were.

1920px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

UGM7ZKT5PNBETC63VRXHQKBLDQ.jpg

Statistics have been trending down for a while though.

Lol...you are baiting some wild racism with this.
How do you mean? Like they'll say it's because they're way more likely to commit crime? I mean I addressed a huge reason the biggest crime areas are that way, and when you have police targeting black people because they're statistically more likely to have committed a crime, you inevitably will find more black criminals than people you aren't targeting. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Well there clearly is systemic racism

but how can you loot steal
And destroy people’s lives and businesses and complain that they’re viewing you in a negative light

IMO the Current African community Lacks the leadership that had in the past that helped make the amazing advancements we’ve had
I have nothing to do with africa. Not sure why some of you guys want to call me african.

Big part of the reason as to why things stand that way, though, is because of the policies put forth by Democrats in the 1990's in an effort to "protect" these communities from crime. I'm not sure if we can say outright that the intention was to put forth a systemic racist policy, unless we are to acknowledge at the same time that men like Joe Biden, for example, greatly contributed to systemic racism.

I think that the intentions were not necessarily racist but the outcomes arguably were.

1920px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

UGM7ZKT5PNBETC63VRXHQKBLDQ.jpg

Statistics have been trending down for a while though.
I wouldn't argue against that one bit. You got bipartisan racist policies that further exacerbate the real issues, instead of investing properly in communities and infrastructure we further militarize the police and let the communities rot. Hence systemic racism.

I think jobs that give people power over other people can attract assholes along with the good people who want to help the community. It's true for Cops and it's particularly true for Politicians.
Cops deal with anything but model citizens on a daily basis, some PDs more than others. It’s no wonder they tend to become jaded...having people lie to your face on a daily basis, and disrespect you at every turn. Nothing you do is right. You have NGOs with their microscopes, making your work life that much more difficult. You’ve got people lodging false and/or blown up complaints against you regularly. Oh, not to mention everyday out in the field could be your last.

I’m by no means justifying it, but I can understand it. And, by “it” I don’t mean purposely killing someone like George Floyd, rather not having the patience to deliver “service with a smile” during every situation, and with every knucklehead you encounter.

Have you never been to a McDonald’s or ANY store where someone behind the register gives you attitude!? This attitude isn’t exclusive to LEOs. Humans can possess bad attitudes. A good cop needs to learn to pull back the reigns, seeing as how an officer can potentially escalate/de-escalate a situation rather easily.

How do you mean? Like they'll say it's because they're way more likely to commit crime? I mean I addressed a huge reason the biggest crime areas are that way, and when you have police targeting black people because they're statistically more likely to have committed a crime, you inevitably will find more black criminals than people you aren't targeting. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
Yep. They will look at those statistics and conclude that it is obvious that more "animals" will get in trouble for bad behavior...

Yep. They will look at those statistics and conclude that it is obvious that more "animals" will get in trouble for bad behavior...
Then they have to ignore everything else in my posts, and you're right, they will. But I can't do anything about that, I did my best to answer the question and that's all I can do. Hopefully someone genuine who doesn't understand reads it and it helps them out.

the only racism that is allowed by the system is racism against white people

What part of Pennsylvania?
Philly to Pittsburgh and everything in between. I was posted up in Allentown for several months. The officers in PA and surrounding areas weren’t always super-friendly, either. We rolled down to pick up a couple of inmates in Virginia, and we were getting holes stared through us by the deputies. By this point, I was growing accustomed to it, so I had no qualms about eyeballing them back.

Back