International Taliban riding american humvees

"Spreading democracy in Afghan is vital to our national security."

<6>

We went to Afghanistan because that is where OBL was at. Even bleeding hearts agreed with going after him

Btw, a google search doesn't bring up that quote.

We went to Afghanistan because that is where OBL was at. Even bleeding hearts agreed with going after him

Btw, a google search doesn't bring up that quote.
You're right, spreading democracy in Afghan was vital to our national security.

<6>

Should make it easier to single them out for a drone strike. The silver lining of the Taleban brazenly capturing territory is that they are more visible now. Earlier they dressed like civilains and blended in with civilians , attack , then melt into the civilian population. Along with running across the border to Pakistan. When they are out in the open lauching such attacks, it's a good opportunity to pick them off.

But our administration is moronic , including the previous one, which is dead set on pulling out regardless of the consequences for the ethnic minorities and women, and the amount of blood and treasure the US has expended.

How many more decades and how many more trillions of dollars should America waste in a country of people who obviously don't want them there?

I was talking with my vet brother about the Afgan War. I made the comment it shouldn't even be called the Afgan War and should be called the "The U.S. War against the 40 tribes of Afganistan." Then it would paint the picture that you aren't going to war with a country but are fucking around with 40 tribes that you'll never get to agree on anything. There can never be any negotiations for peace because because every single warlord doesn't care about Afghanistan and is just trying to get whatever he can. Afghanistan is not a country in any real sense. It is just an artificial border around some land.

I was talking with my vet brother about the Afgan War. I made the comment it shouldn't even be called the Afgan War and should be called the "The U.S. War against the 40 tribes of Afganistan." Then it would paint the picture that you aren't going to war with a country but are fucking around with 40 tribes that you'll never get to agree on anything. There can never be any negotiations for peace because because every single warlord doesn't care about Afghanistan and is just trying to get whatever he can. Afghanistan is not a country in any real sense. It is just an artificial border around some land.
That’s another way to Cope with our failures.

But fact is: currently one faction known as taliban are seizing control and ironically they also had control before we went there. 40 tribes didn’t !

One faction did and these so called tribes and their militias (now that the US carrot and stick is no more) are all willingly joining or accepting the taliban authority. We tried to divide the nation by trying to have some sort of representation at the highest levels from “40 tribes” but fact is they are irrelevant minorities. Afghanistan and most of its residents want a Pashtun Taliban government.

That’s another way to Cope with our failures.

But fact is: currently one faction known as taliban are seizing control and ironically they also had control before we went there. 40 tribes didn’t !

One faction did and these so called tribes and their militias (now that the US carrot and stick is no more) are all willingly joining or accepting the taliban authority. We tried to divide the nation by trying to have some sort of representation at the highest levels from “40 tribes” but fact is they are irrelevant minorities. Afghanistan and most of its residents want a Pashtun Taliban government.

The Taliban is not one group. There are many warlords that fall under the title of Taliban.

The Taliban is not one group. There are many warlords that fall under the title of Taliban.
You are just diving into microlevels here good sir. What’s next ? will you say: they are actually x number of tribe with x number of people with x number of right handed folks and x number of amputees?

Sad reality is: They are all untied under the taliban banner, we tried to divide them (unsuccessfully). The taliban ruled Afghanistan before and the nation seems to embracing their return to power. Without the US carrot and stick to support it, this equity minded formula of imposing a minority led government there will not work IMHO

This is not new.

This is exactly what happens each and every time America has decided to play resource police on the world stage. Every time.
it's fucking pathetic. they had this misguided idea that democracy was just this natural next evolutionary step and it just took this little push and boom everyone would be on board.

the only to rule Afghanistan is to completely conquer them and integrate them into modern society.

you have to bring them out of the tribal clan age.

meaning you'd have to ban cousin marriage and circle jerks.

So now China will move in for the mineral resources and provide tacit support for the Taliban and their anti-western activities.

Winning.

The Taliban is Afghanistan - the US needed to find a way of compromising and accommodating them to ever have a realistic way out of this shitshow that wouldn’t just put everything back to square one after 20 years. Which is what has happened.

Back to arrange marriages and beheadings for the woman.

I was there In May, crazy how fast it happened.

Back