International Taliban riding american humvees

Anyone watching this has to wonder, how did they get those? They seem to be in pristine condition. Sure, the Taliban mechanics fixed them up. Absolutely.

The amount of Americans dead, the civilians dead, the troops lied to about the war, the brainwashed masses (Including the troops) who thought they were doing right. For what? And Why? Hmm.

Ok, how did they get those?

Well, the Afghanistan army has them, and they are expected to have defectors to the Taliban along with their equipment.

The Taliban mechanics fixed em up?

I expect they did, the Taliban mechanics who were recently Afghanistan army mechanics supplied and trained by the US military.

For what and why for?

That's a longer answer that I'm not qualified to answer. Geopolitics. Entirely not relevant to why the Taliban have Humvees tho eh.

It would be an absolute shock if they DIDN'T have some Humvees.

Ok, how did they get those?

Well, the Afghanistan army has them, and they are expected to have defectors to the Taliban along with their equipment.

The Taliban mechanics fixed em up?

I expect they did, the Taliban mechanics who were recently Afghanistan army mechanics supplied and trained by the US military.

For what and why for?

That's a longer answer that I'm not qualified to answer. Geopolitics. Entirely not relevant to why the Taliban have Humvees tho eh.

It would be an absolute shock if they DIDN'T have some Humvees.
the world is awash in humvees. troops don't even bother to bring them back once the mission's done. it's an absurdly simple, vehicle, with a ridiculous amount of armor, that you can basically only drive forward reliably. i'd much rather have a toyota pickup as a taliban.

More stuff.
Very mixed emotions on all of this. I wish the afghan army and citizens would fight instead of folding like lawn chairs. Plato's cave perhaps.

Hopefully this won't lead to another ISIS situation.

More stuff.
Very mixed emotions on all of this. I wish the afghan army and citizens would fight instead of folding like lawn chairs. Plato's cave perhaps.

afghan army is a creation that has no solid base. its entire dynamics was given by the presence of the US troops. on those are gone, there is no base to it, it just dissolves. and citizens? man, what citizens. citizens of what? afghanistan isn't a country, it's a collection of tribes, there are no citizens to speak of, there is no solid national structure around the word afghanistan.

afghan army is a creation that has no solid base. its entire dynamics was given by the presence of the US troops. on those are gone, there is no base to it, it just dissolves. and citizens? man, what citizens. citizens of what? afghanistan isn't a country, it's a collection of tribes, there are no citizens to speak of, there is no solid national structure around the word afghanistan.
Yea but if USA did it in the 1700's you think they could. I been through Kubal went through the airport now that city has national structure some what. But you are right a lot of tribes and farm lands with them still shitting in holes.

the world is awash in humvees. troops don't even bother to bring them back once the mission's done. it's an absurdly simple, vehicle, with a ridiculous amount of armor, that you can basically only drive forward reliably. i'd much rather have a toyota pickup as a taliban.

I expect it's just for the PR. Most of the stuff they want is what can disappear into the population and be supported by it. They have no tactical need for such stuff.

Yea but if USA did it in the 1700's you think they could. I been through Kubal went through the airport now that city has national structure some what. But you are right a lot of tribes and farm lands with them still shitting in holes.
the entire structure in Kabul is designed around US security designs...they basically built what the local infrastructure demand were according to a modular plan. it's pretty much the same large scale structure adaptation one sees in iraq also, to an extent.
the main problem is i think that the americans tried their best to start the nation building, but they applied principles that might work in other places over a place like afghanistan, where the4 power structures are more diffuse and are not yet appropriate for the afghan situation, if it will ever be.

bottomline - they tried to make kabul into connecticut, and it was never going to work, unfortunately.
and this is where we are now.

I expect it's just for the PR. Most of the stuff they want is what can disappear into the population and be supported by it. They have no tactical need for such stuff.
well for sure. imagine trying to move from place to place unseen and you ride a humvee. yeah, not going to happen. i suspect most will be just left to rot, or saved up for fancy taliban propaganda videos where they brag about having weapons and ammo and whatever. their style of fighting has no use for humvees.

More stuff.
Taliban told them that they would be spared if they dropped their weapon without putting up a fight and go home. Family comes first to them so they chose that option, that's how they're capturing cities so quickly.

It costs us nearly twice as much to bring those platforms stateside again. So we have opted to leave mostly everything there. Those humvees were most likely operated by the security forces before the taliban got a hold of them.

Anyways, its a shit show over there
blow it up with drones. simple.

to win a war in Afghanistan you have to corral them into that ravine near the pakistan border then kill the taliban all at once.

then you have to instill a bunch of laws and enforce them that breaks up their existing cultural base.

no cousin marriage because you need to end the clan system and create a national identity.

They are living in a clan system like pre-christian europe.

you pretty much have to colonise them or they just revert back to their clan system.

I was talking with my vet brother about the Afgan War. I made the comment it shouldn't even be called the Afgan War and should be called the "The U.S. War against the 40 tribes of Afganistan." Then it would paint the picture that you aren't going to war with a country but are fucking around with 40 tribes that you'll never get to agree on anything. There can never be any negotiations for peace because because every single warlord doesn't care about Afghanistan and is just trying to get whatever he can. Afghanistan is not a country in any real sense. It is just an artificial border around some land.

Not only this but something no one ever really talks about is how many of these Taliban fighters are ethnic pashtuns.

Or how they have considerable support in parts of Afghanistan because of how corrupt the government is.

Or more importantly that much of the Afghan army are only there for a paycheck. That is why the Taliban have secured so much territory so quickly.

Meanwhile you have tools like Amrullah Saleh and many "intellectual" Afghans - who are unable to accept responsibility for the situation Afghanistan is in - much of it their own doing.

It's much easier to blame Pakistan for your problems and start a #sanctionpakistan, save face and not acknowledge the issues in your country - then come to the reality that a lot of the ills in Afghanistan are self manufactured.

Easier to scapegoat your next door neighbour and get people to blame them instead of you for doing a shit job running the country.

Last edited:
Back