Movies Taxi Driver…

Wtf! This movie sucks. It’s really slow and doesn’t make a lot of sense. Why does this have such great reviews? I can’t believe I watched the whole thing
YES! I always knew you were a shitty poster.

Dick Smith's FX are outstanding in this. I liked the film pretty well overall.

Actually went to high school with a guy named "Travis Bickle"

June 29th. I gotta get in shape now. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. There will be no more pills. There will be no more bad food. No more destroyers of my body. Every muscle must be tight.

True force. All the King's men cannot put it back together again.
This scene (the one before the famous lines) is one of my favorite in all of cinema.

Really its a good example of how cinema has changed I'd say that such a film could break though into the mainstream.

A lot of people probably grow up these days basically watching nothing but easy to consume entertainment.
OP is an uncultured pleb
I don’t think there was anything particularly thought provoking about taxi driver

Im a massive movie buff and thought it was one of the worst movies Ive ever seen and Im not the least bit joking

I find a lot of older movies tend to automatically get high ratings/reviews but are in actualality ass and if came out today wouldnt even make it to theaters, straight to DVD
Thank god I’m not the only one. It was like an older joker or a way shittier night crawler or something. Lots of pretentious people up in here though

You grew up in a different era. Maybe this review will give you the temporal context you were lacking to fully appreciate it.

Jokers plot copies this almost scene for scene

I didn't love it.

Only saw it once; should probably revisit it.

Wtf! This movie sucks. It’s really slow and doesn’t make a lot of sense. Why does this have such great reviews? I can’t believe I watched the whole thing

The fact that you just recently watched this tells me all that I need to know.

It was good, but like Apocalypse now I've never had the urge to rewatch.

I never looked at her like that. I know her from that syndicated TV show on network TV. She was like an older mom figure by then.

She is pretty in that picture.
You should see her in The Last Picture Show.

Hey guys, I think there's something wrong with Travis Bickle. I can't put my finger on it, but he seems disturbed.

You didn’t like the part where the taxi customer is telling DeNiro, “you ever see what a .44 Magnum can do to a woman’s pussy?”

I watched it for half an hour waiting for something anything to happen. Shortly after I turned it off in about to never watch it again

Back