Opinion Teen Mob robs Nordstrom up to 100k stolen

The tightrope I'd walk there is if you can safely give a criminal a beating, you shouldn't be punished. But also, don't ever put yourself at risk because of a bit of stock.

Those guys in the video the other week where a guy was robbing them, cleaning the shelves, but ended up getting a bit of stick? No worries. No harm, no foul. The beating he took was 'to stop him escaping' even if it wasn't, and we should look away and not punish those guys.

But those guys could also have been shot in the face, no business is ever worth that. Protect at your own risk, unfortunately.

As a general rule, I don't care too much about 'a civil society' stopping thieves or robbers with a bit of force. It can get a little extreme in 'shithole' countries though, where people are brutalized way beyond sense, though, so free rein should never be afforded to vigilantes.

Indeed its a tightrope. Its also an insanely personal issue to me I suppose i really have an intense hatred in my heart for thieves . I deliver a lot of pizzas and I am never going to just up and let someone rob me if i dont have to. I also think when it comes to a robbery like in a shop you can get killed just as easily complying and I know you know I can show you video after video of shopkeeps getting blasted even when they play ball. As long as the violence is reasonable and you stop when its over than it seems civil to me. I think we kinda agree here to a degree. If were being super honest I am kinda pro vigilante in spirit and in a perfect world we wouldnt need a legal system as whatever clan you just wronged would come and sort you out but im aware that system could only work if humans were perfect and didnt make mistakes so its not possible

Indeed its a tightrope. Its also an insanely personal issue to me I suppose i really have an intense hatred in my heart for thieves . I deliver a lot of pizzas and I am never going to just up and let someone rob me if i dont have to. I also think when it comes to a robbery like in a shop you can get killed just as easily complying and I know you know I can show you video after video of shopkeeps getting blasted even when they play ball. As long as the violence is reasonable and you stop when its over than it seems civil to me. I think we kinda agree here to a degree. If were being super honest I am kinda pro vigilante in spirit and in a perfect world we wouldnt need a legal system as whatever clan you just wronged would come and sort you out but im aware that system could only work if humans were perfect and didnt make mistakes so its not possible

Appreciate your views on this, so thanks man.

Complying and dying anyway is just an horrific thought and a legit fear. I don't want to die prematurely because of some other idiot's circumstances, I don't care what they are, and that level of injustice boils my blood.

Although I slightly diverge at the end there. Sicily and the Italian mafia in the media, for example, are pretty much all cautionary tales in vengeance for the sake of vengeance and how that destroys small communities. I like the idea, I'm not sure it would work well in practice.

It's not about the rules, it's who has to follow them.

This is exclusively an explosive problem. Ain't no mass looting in Asia, specially during moments of crisis, even with significantly worse economics and poverty.

Well if we look at the crime rate without explosive people, or the gun violence rate, or whatever, then thr USA looks great

The older (and more well travelled I get) the less patience I have for tolerating this kind of scum. Yes indeed, crime is related to wealth/poverty, but it's a factor, and not the only factor. At some point there has to be a cut off where you just can't excuse it, and you have to have some self-accountability.

I've been to places where - trust me - you will see what poverty really is. I mean where people make a few hundred bucks a month if they are lucky, and they eat vermin. And yet, miraculously they don't act like pieces of shit like this.

Democrats. All of them.

Why is it that the majority of murderers and overall criminals are Democrats?

All I see is another large gathering. When you don't have real consequences for this type of behavior you are just enabling more of it.

Last edited:
Why can’t mass shooting happen at the right place to the right people?

The older (and more well travelled I get) the less patience I have for tolerating this kind of scum. Yes indeed, crime is related to wealth/poverty, but it's a factor, and not the only factor. At some point there has to be a cut off where you just can't excuse it, and you have to have some self-accountability.

I've been to places where - trust me - you will see what poverty really is. I mean where people make a few hundred bucks a month if they are lucky, and they eat vermin. And yet, miraculously they don't act like pieces of shit like this.

Well besides threats of violence as a reactionary solution we should look to actionable proven solutions to prevent this kind of craziness.

Wealth inequality breeds this shit. Lack of access to contraception and good sex Ed are factors. Being poor and overworked so you can take maternity to properly raise your children. Growing up in a neglected community with poor role models everywhere you look. Poor nutrition, lead in the drinking water.

Most of this stuff can be solved by our governments if we held them accountable.

Well besides threats of violence as a reactionary solution we should look to actionable proven solutions to prevent this kind of craziness.

Wealth inequality breeds this shit. Lack of access to contraception and good sex Ed are factors. Being poor and overworked so you can take maternity to properly raise your children. Growing up in a neglected community with poor role models everywhere you look. Poor nutrition, lead in the drinking water.

Most of this stuff can be solved by our governments if we held them accountable.

These are all there in poor countries like.... Vietnam. But they don't have these criminal scumbags everywhere.

Hmmm historically the stats don't agree, plenty of countries with less wealth inequality and more social handouts rank higher than the US in theft per captia.

https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/theft/

The issue now is glorification of it via social media coupled with the lack of repercussions from the law.

Didn't read thread but I'm guessing you're racist if you aren't okay with this?

Back