Social Tennessee lawmakers pass bill to allow teachers to be armed

Do we have an epidemic of teachers coming to school and shooting their students ?

I have zero problems with this. Our children should be protected from those who would do them harm.

Train . Put it in a holster and under your shirt. It's attached to you all day and out of sight unless something happens . Where's the problem ? And for whatever potential problem you think you can come up with .....is it worse than ulvalde or columbine?

So many people I know carry and I'm around guns constantly....and nothing ever happens. I really don't see the issue with this at all.

Should parents have the right to know if a teacher is carrying?

I'd be most worried about a teacher just throwing the gun in their desk because it's uncomfortable or they have to go take a shit. That's assuming/hoping that the law requires them to have the gun on their person at all times.

Good...and of course the muppets will not see the key word that applies to this situation......"Allow". No one is forcing teachers to Carry if they don't want to. Good Job Tennessee and another win for a great state along with constitutional carry.

So we're taking away the rights of parents to know who has a gun around their kid.
So you're thinking they should open carry? It's not a right to announce concealed carry holders, and it defeats the purpose. They did the same thing with sky marshalls carrying on planes instead of having uniformed officers, because the number was very small and they didn't want potential hijackers to know in advance which flights are safe to hijack.

So we're taking away the rights of parents to know who has a gun around their kid.

No ones taking anyone's rights away. You don't know who has a gun on them every time you are in public now. You'd know if your kid is in an armed school, why do you need to be told which teacher ?

No ones taking anyone's rights away. You don't know who has a gun on them every time you are in public now. You'd know if your kid is in an armed school, why do you need to be told which teacher ?
Yep...if youre in a store or a park you have plenty of people carrying concealed guns around his kids...it would be no different in schools.

Fuck this. Especially the part where parents and coworkers don't have the right to know who is armed. Sorry, but I don't want my child being taught by someone concealing a handgun. And if I was a teacher I'd want to know if one of my coworkers was walking around armed.

The people who see this as a "solution" to school shootings and not fucking crazy, are mentally ill.

Last edited:
Yep...if youre in a store or a park you have plenty of people carrying concealed guns around his kids...it would be no different in schools.

You can visit stores that have a no weapons policy.

And how long is your interaction with others at a store or park? How many hours a day is your kid with a teacher?
Do you remember that stat that says you're more likely to get shot by a family member in the home, than a random person on the street? Why do think that is?

What if a parent, like @jk7707 , doesn't want their kid around a teacher with a gun?
What if the majority of parents don't want a gun on school campus, do they have the right to vote on it?

You can visit stores that have a no weapons policy.

And how long is your interaction with others at a store or park? How many hours a day is your kid with a teacher?
Do you remember that stat that says you're more likely to get shot by a family member in the home, than a random person on the street? Why do think that is?

What if a parent, like @jk7707 , doesn't want their kid around a teacher with a gun?
What if the majority of parents don't want a gun on school campus, do they have the right to vote on it?

That Stat is bunk. And yes I think people should be allowed to vote on weather guns are allowed in school. There aren't a whole lot of stories about teachers shooting their students now and as far as I can tell very little stopping them if they wanted to and I think it's absolutely insane to think teachers are going to start shooting students.

Far as @jk7707 goes I legit don't know. I want my son as protected as he can be at all times and think his view is the foolish one. As long as the rule gets passed with due process I guess that's which one of us gets what they want. I doubt he is all that concerned with my thoughts on the matter so why should I care about his?

Curious about the economics of this. If teachers are already underpaid and schools understaffed do they get a raise for being a dual teacher/security person?

That Stat is bunk. And yes I think people should be allowed to vote on weather guns are allowed in school. There aren't a whole lot of stories about teachers shooting their students now and as far as I can tell very little stopping them if they wanted to and I think it's absolutely insane to think teachers are going to start shooting students.

Far as @jk7707 goes I legit don't know. I want my son as protected as he can be at all times and think his view is the foolish one. As long as the rule gets passed with due process I guess that's which one of us gets what they want. I doubt he is all that concerned with my thoughts on the matter so why should I care about his?

Then why not let the people vote on it, instead of the state forcing it?

Too many psycho and incompetent teachers in public schools for this to make sense.

That said, some teachers at my kids' private school carry, and I'm really glad they do. Our school is a very hard target and an active shooter wouldn't make it far given our armed and trained security and the handful of teachers who carry.

Then why not let the people vote on it, instead of the state forcing it?

While I don't have a problem with a vote I don't have a problem with going the representative route either.

Back