Social Tennessee lawmakers pass bill to allow teachers to be armed

Strongly disagree with that. You introduce a deadly weapon into a physical altercation and you have scaled it up massively. People that carry concealed guns should never enter altercations unless it's an extremely dangerous situation that requires deadly force. You can't have undertrained people introducing guns into volatile situations obviously.

Well, if the kids don’t know who is carrying, they don’t know to look for it and it is quite a jump to assume that’s what the students would go for. Teach the teacher gun retention like every single cop is trained.

I don't have a hatred of guns. I have a hatred for gun nuts, whose only solution to gun violence always involves more guns.

There's a reason why 70+% of teachers think this is a bad idea. Because it's a bad idea.

You can add SROs and lock buildings. We've been doing it for years. And school shootings still happen just as often. Having teachers armed isn't going to change that.
You can't say that having armed teachers isn't going to change that when it hasn't been tried yet on a large scale yet. Either Way good Job Tennessee another win for a great state.

Last edited:
When I went through my "bad kid" phase you can bet your @ss if I knew a teacher had a gun I'd be conspiring to steal it, perhaps not overpower them physically (and I didnt roll with any gangbangers), but I knew kids who might have.

- You were like Dominick?

Well, if the kids don’t know who is carrying, they don’t know to look for it and it is quite a jump to assume that’s what the students would go for. Teach the teacher gun retention like every single cop is trained.
Its funny to because I'm willing to bet plenty teachers are already carrying...I know if I was a teacher I certainly would.

Yep and in that Bill Tennessee requires the teachers that CHOOSE to right to exercise their right to carry a firearm also have to take an additional 40 hours of training. Most of these people arguing against this bill have never actually even fired a gun or have any general knowledge of firearms.

Strongly disagree again. Any altercation is exactly where a gun would get exposed and used. You can't bring deadly force into a situation that does not require deadly force. Everyone who I know who has guns knows this, so I'm surprised you as an ex cop are arguing otherwise. It's basic principles that if you carry a gun you don't ever get to get involved in any s*** of any kind unless absolutely necessary.

And that means that your basic teacher would be useless 99.9% of the time at school if they had a gun on them and I think that has to be considered. Or else some other tragic thing is going to happen..

But I'm not even really against teachers having guns, but the kind of training it would take has to be pretty serious to avoid unintended consequences. And I'm not even sure that every school would have a suitable teacher for that job let alone several.

Last edited:
Yup, those guns looking pretty sweet especially the one with the suppressor
A fine woman and a fine gun. Partial to 2nd from left but the 3rd got them hungry thighs an a cannon.

I would like more than 40 hours. Maybe that just for the range. I want them spending another few weeks learning laws and practicing shoot and no shoot scenarios, working on drills and plans with local pd’s as well as having the cops get comfortable with the school. I was rarely ever in any of the schools when I was a cop, so if there was a call like a bomb hoax, which we have had at the largest high school and we were lost. So the cops need to learn the schools, the teachers need to work drills with the cops-I am thinking 4-6 weeks

Shit I think shooting drills with the police should be mandatory for everyone on the monthly. Spend my tax dollars well . I'm a nerd and really like that kind of thing and want everyone else to too and think it would be great for people to know their neighbors cops and teachers. There's always one totally unexpected performer in the bunch and finding out who it is is always fun.

It was the office, but what does that matter? In the scenario debated any of them could pull a gun on me once agitated (Cops do this all the time) while being less trained.

I only did that once because of a circumstance, and explained to them why. He was in 1st grade, my wife had to be at work and I only had a small window that day to pick him up. Riding the bus would not help as no one was at the house. He HAD to come with me, and they did everything they could to try to convince me I couldn't have my kid.

Sometimes those office people can be possessive. Or just mean.

You're painting a bit of a disingenuous picture here and behaving as if a gun is the ONLY method of defense once a shooter enters or comes near a classroom. Defense is not merely standing your ground, I've posed escape as an alternative numerous times. The more bullets flying around an enclosed area the more likely unintended casualties are to happen.

It's not my opinion that teachers dont want to engage in live combat, they have more than sufficiently voiced their own agreement with that position. And I'd expect literally anyone to have some modicum of self-preservation, or to at least think about it in the face of combat.

The teachers are not defenseless, they are just "as good as" if they dont have a gun, in your opinion.

Don't whine about me being disingenuous when you're not reading or understanding what I've written.

Don't whine about me being disingenuous when you're not reading or understanding what I've written.

Having a gun is not the ONLY means of defense in a situation of an active shooter. And I'm sure you know that.

I read and understand what you're saying, I just dont agree this is a good idea while understanding the emotional appeal of it.

Having a gun is not the ONLY means of defense in a situation of an active shooter. And I'm sure you know that.

I read and understand what you're saying, I just dont agree this is a good idea while understanding the emotional appeal of it.
Do you think boxing will help then? A gun is pretty much the only option outside of a stabbers chance isn't it?

In the bill teachers have to register themselves, the gun, pass mental health screening, and have qualification and periodic training. This is so the children and everyone around them is safe.

Novel idea….. wonder if that should be applied more broadly….🤔

I didn't say I wanted to put them in prison. I said I wanted the teachers to have a sealed box that unlocks when there is a school shooter so that they can defend themselves and the children.

So you’re expecting teachers to be John Rambo.
Good god. Y’all will go to just about any lengths to do anything other than address the problem.

Democrats are against teachers arming themselves because they know it will deter school shootings. If school shootings stop, their whole anti-gun grift begins to fall apart. They want innocent children to be slaughtered so they can continue to disarm the American people.

Last edited:
Do you think boxing will help then? A gun is pretty much the only option outside of a stabbers chance isn't it?

Running away and hiding give you a MUCH better chance of surviving a mass shooter than engaging. Especially if you're surrounded by children.

Holy fuck.

How backwards of reality show/cartoon society are we becoming.

Mass school shootings/children executions are normalized

"Fuck it, lets arm teachers too. What else can we do?"

9CB58855-E52E-4E16-BE52-7E86EDD6451E_w1023_r1_s.jpg

This is such a terrible idea. I would predict zero shootings get stopped and more than likely a teacher "has a bad day" and shoots himself or a student when he reaches his boiling point. Scenario B the teacher gets over powered or their gun stolen.

People really over estimate how well they can shoot in a high stress situation.

Back