That little reset threw Hill off

Hill made the mental error of allowing himself to lose focus of Pereira for a split second and Alex instantly killed him for his mistake. Masterful shit.

The positioning and the pace didn't favor him there. but Poatan was smart to calculate and capitalise from it. Better fighter won.

I agree completely. But worse has happened in fights.

New strategy- get kicked in the balls to win

Hill needed to throw some power shots early to earn Pereira's respect, instead he was trying to be crafty and land point strikes which Pereira just shrugged off.

When you fight a puncher like that, you got to make them think twice about throwing. Hill did nothing to discourage Pereira from walking him down and throwing that patented left hook. I've never seen Pereira act so disrespectful of someone's power.
Yeah from the very start he looked too stand offish to me, either afraid of Pereira's power of thought he could outclass him technically.

The latter I think you see clearly "there's levels to this" and more specifically I think you see the difference is Alex can "figth technical" whilst retaining serious finishing ability, he doesnt need to switch to fighting aggressive to do so.

He didn't pull a Floyd Mayweather. They were both ready when the exchange happened.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

floyd-mayweather-boxing.gif
Considering boxing fans still give Floyd credit for that, we shouldn't even question the setup for Hill/Pereira. Glad you posted side by side.

Ref should not have interfered until he saw Alex disengage due to the pain of the nut shot. That was an odd sequence. It definitely threw the rhythm off for Hill.

Nah, I think Alex didn’t want to stop because he saw the opening and had him where he wanted him.

That is exactly what happened ... Alex had read Hill, was in the zone, and he knew it.

Hill has always been an over-achiever. No fighting sports background to speak of, almost like a hobbyist MMA fighter that has good hands.

He zigged when he should have zagged

He had a concussion in training camp

It is what it is

It's the fight game

The other guy was greasing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back