That was the worst stoppage i ever seen in a championship fight...

Jiri said it was a good stoppage didn't he?

Lol Pereira is a clueless turtle on the ground even when on top. It wouldn’t have surprised me at all to see Prochazka reverse position.

Especially since a better ground fighter in glover had jiri mounted and didnt do much

It's normal for Goddard to stop fights early. He's done this in other championship fights, look at Usman Covington 1.

He was also the ref for izzy-Alex 1 which was stopped early as well.

Lol Pereira is a clueless turtle on the ground even when on top. It wouldn’t have surprised me at all to see Prochazka reverse position.

The only clueless turd is the one who doesn't understand that you can smash the opponent in the face while you got full mount.

Jiri just admitted he was out. And he is no bjj wizard. He was in no state to reverse anything.

Jiri was done. Ref saved his remaining brain cells.

Why the fuck did they put Goddard in for a fight like this... omg what a fuck up.
Isn't he usually pretty good? I was shocked that he stopped it that early.

The only clueless turd is the one who doesn't understand that you can smash the opponent in the face while you got full mount.

Jiri just admitted he was out. And he is no bjj wizard. He was in no state to reverse anything.

Jiri was done. Ref saved his remaining brain cells.

Can you not read? I didn’t say anything about a turd.

The last time I felt this disgusted with UFC corruption was when Machida got the nod vs. Shogun. I was OK with losing some betting money and seeing Jiri lose, I didn't expect at all for the company to transparently favour Alex like that so they can make another Izzy fight given the smallest opportunity.

Jiri has one of the best recovery abilities I've ever seen. That being said, he was in a horrible position, full mounted by the most devastating striker in the game. Chances are he wouldn't have pulled out a miracle but I wish he had been given the chance.

Jiri said it was a good stoppage didn't he?

Whether the fighter complains or accepts it, you cant really lean too heavily on the fighter's account. Jiri was just not shitting over Alex's moment. Makes me think more highly of Jiri, but not more highly of Marc Goddard.

Jiri thought it was fair, on first watch I thought it was early. After the replays im alright with it, jiri was fully mounted and completely out of it, it only would’ve gotten worse for jiri if the fight continued.

Goddard stoppages are so bad they drive people to madness.

wbcPdc.gif

Jiri is a nice guy and was trying to be classy in defeat, he also stated that reyes ko'd him so ya.....

That doesnt change the fact that it was a shit stoppage.

Jiri, while this thread was happening:
- I was out. Good stoppage.

I'm just bitter because I wanted to see more.

Alex is gnarly
Jiri is must see TV

Run it back or not or at some point... I'll happily watch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back