The 2020 Heavies Awards: Fight of The Year - WINNER: Weili Vs Joanna

Fight of the Year 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah that's why I think it's so funny, but also terrible for MMA at the same time. Two small women without technique, making sounds similar to female tennis players every time they throw a punch without power. I honestly I can't believe I've watched parts of that fight. There's maybe only 1-2 fights on the list I haven't watched.
You didn't watch the fight.

Voted for Moreno vs Figuereido basically because you cant just stand and trade with Fig, he has real punching power, not hating on JJ vs Zhang which was a great fight and probably the deserving FOTY.

Why does this shit say Vincente Luque lost to Niko Price? I just had a brain aneurysm and thought my memory was fucked.

The answer is JJ v Weill

Why would you disagree? The women can't compete with men. It's 100% right there with the W in place. So they created a special place for them to exist without having to reach the same level of ability.
All the voting sheep are selecting a college game as the NFL game of year.
They can put on entertaining fights, just not worthy of the premier platform.

this is such a ridiculous assertion. By your logic, only men’s heavyweight should qualify since the rest are fighting smaller opponents. By leveling the playing field with weight and gender classes, we get to see who is the best fighter based on primarily their fighting skills. Wmma is not college to pros, because that also asserts that the premiere wmma fighters would be eventually aiming to fight men, which they aren’t. The fact that the two most exciting fights of the year are 125 lbs men and 115 lbs women shows that being entertained doesn’t mean you need to see the best vs the best regardless of gender and weight. Hell, some undercard fights are bangers and those guys won’t even sniff the top 10 of their own division.

The most exciting boxing match of all time was two journeymen in Ward and Gatti. Can’t you just evaluate a fight based on the competitiveness and excitement rather than saying “well, neither of them would beat Stipe, so what’s the point.”

this is such a ridiculous assertion. By your logic, only men’s heavyweight should qualify since the rest are fighting smaller opponents. By leveling the playing field with weight and gender classes, we get to see who is the best fighter based on primarily their fighting skills. Wmma is not college to pros, because that also asserts that the premiere wmma fighters would be eventually aiming to fight men, which they aren’t. The fact that the two most exciting fights of the year are 125 lbs men and 115 lbs women shows that being entertained doesn’t mean you need to see the best vs the best regardless of gender and weight. Hell, some undercard fights are bangers and those guys won’t even sniff the top 10 of their own division.

The most exciting boxing match of all time was two journeymen in Ward and Gatti. Can’t you just evaluate a fight based on the competitiveness and excitement rather than saying “well, neither of them would beat Stipe, so what’s the point.”
LHW beat the HW champ. The rest need to step game up. Women need to GTFO out the game. They will never been as good as the worse male on roster.

LHW beat the HW champ. The rest need to step game up. Women need to GTFO out the game. They will never been as good as the worse male on roster.

this is not an argument. Its fight if the year not “would they win if they fought Stipe.” Make your own award.

Vanessa Demopoulos vs Lupita Godinez was right up there imo! I'd maybe even have that 2nd.

this is not an argument. Its fight if the year not “would they win if they fought Stipe.” Make your own award.
Worse male on roster. You comprehend at about the IQ level of most voters.

Worse male on roster. You comprehend at about the IQ level of most voters.

And you keep putting your foot further and further in your own mouth, so there’s no reason for me to keep exposing your ignorance. You’re doing a good enough job of that on your own.

And you keep putting your foot further and further in your own mouth, so there’s no reason for me to keep exposing your ignorance. You’re doing a good enough job of that on your own.
Best fight of year and both participants get slept in 1st round by random guy sitting on couch with beer and cheesy poofs.

after full work day and a shitty broken 5-6 hours of sleep. Would have the news crew down UFC throat asking who thought it was a good idea to have women beaten on live TV
Do you ever tire of being a contrarian troll? Or is that just what fuels you?

Back