Social The American Society of Magical Negroes. Leftist racism on full display.

I get it and I'm really not concerned that much over it. But is it a pure comedy or does it have a message. Seems like according to the director and actor that it does. I'm just not down for things that drive us further apart using a serious message disguised as satire..

Outside of like fart jokes and prop gags almost all comedy is a melding of jokes with a bigger message on society. In my opinion racial tensions are a real thing and white and black folks being able at times to laugh about in this context is more healthy then it’s harmful.

Outside of like fart jokes and prop gags almost all comedy is a melding of jokes with a bigger message on society. In my opinion racial tensions are a real thing and white and black folks being able at times to laugh about in this context is more healthy then it’s harmful.
Understood. But if I disagree with the message sent and it's not something positive then I'm not going to be a fan as some messages don't bring us together imo.

I am going to catch this tonight. I think they should have made a black Harry Potter movie instead.

I am going to catch this tonight. I think they should have made a black Harry Potter movie instead.
Lol. I saw a lot of comments hoping this was black Harry Potter. Would have been way more popular that's for sure.

got pissed watching this. lead aint no negro.

man the usual snowflake racists are coming fast and full front on this one.

"leftists racism"

Thats a new one. Like an anti-semetic-jew

LMAO!!!
/agree problem is lead aint no damn negro

Lol. I saw a lot of comments hoping this was black Harry Potter. Would have been way more popular that's for sure.
But there's already a Harry Potter movie so why the hell would they make a "Black" one?

Director literally set out to attack white people. Good news is he can sleep easy on his giant pile of cash... oh

it only opened on 1k theaters compared to the typical 3-4k that most wide releases open on

numbers still not good, but it’s chugging along how i would expect a movie that barely had any promotion besides hit pieces on the internet to be chugging along that was only released domestically & on 1k screens

Director literally set out to attack white people. Good news is he can sleep easy on his giant pile of cash... oh

do you read boundingintocomics.com often?

Understood. But if I disagree with the message sent and it's not something positive then I'm not going to be a fan as some messages don't bring us together imo.

For years movies used the Magical Negro trope to make black characters secondary to the white leads. This movie is saying that was a bad thing to do. I'm not sure what there is to disagree with. It's sort of like Blazing Saddles have incredibly racist characters who were buffoons in order to make fun of racists and the way that Hollywood was protraying black characters at the time. Sure, there were racist characters but the joke was clearly on them.

For years movies used the Magical Negro trope to make black characters secondary to the white leads. This movie is saying that was a bad thing to do. I'm not sure what there is to disagree with. It's sort of like Blazing Saddles have incredibly racist characters who were buffoons in order to make fun of racists and the way that Hollywood was protraying black characters at the time. Sure, there were racist characters but the joke was clearly on them.
I found some of the examples of this trope to be very unconvincing. One of the most repeated examples was the Green Mile which I found really strange. I never once thought of him as a secondary character. The story wouldn't exist without him! There was nothing else interesting in the movie. It was about how special he is, how he got there, and what would happen to him.

I found some of the examples of this trope to be very unconvincing. One of the most repeated examples was the Green Mile which I found really strange. I never once thought of him as a secondary character. The story wouldn't exist without him! There was nothing else interesting in the movie. It was about how special he is, how he got there, and what would happen to him.
That's hilarious. Complain about some "trope", and then use a character who is literally magical and whose powers are the cornerstone of the movie to make your point. If that's what they're talking about, there's a very small pool of characters that would fit that mold.

It's also another point to how you can never please these types. You have a wholesome, non-stereotypical black character getting the spotlight in a movie, but it's bad and part of negative stereotype, because he's helping white people or some shit. It's so fucking stupid. Talk about reaching for literally anything to bitch about.

IMDB has this pile of dookie rated at 2.6/10

That is the lowest I have ever seen.

Some absolute trash that looks like bad college student films I have never even seen below maybe 4.5

Have we hit the pinnacle of this dog shit?

Or am I being ridiculous and they do a followup with a pink haired trans person?

Have you watched it? I had wanted to, because I like ridiculous parodies.

Not that have high (or any) expectations.

Have you watched it? I had wanted to, because I like ridiculous parodies.

Not that have high (or any) expectations.

The first line in the trailer:

What is the most dangerous creature on earth?

Uhhmmm. A shark?

No. A white person.

_________

I shall not devote a click to support such trash.
It already told me what it is.

Rating is already 2.6/10 so society has spoken.

I'm all set.

Back