Television The Bear (FX)

I like the show, but I'm honestly shocked at how well it gets reviewed.

I keep hearing about how great this show is but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Shameless in a kitchen doesn't sound too appealing though.

I watched the first four episodes and found it underwhelming. I may have went in with too high expectations - it has a perfect score on rotten tomatoes, and I guess I was hoping for a more compelling story line.

Episode 4 was a weak one and had me wondering if it’s all it’s hyped to be as well but I kept going since I was interested to see what would happen and I feel like it was all worth it.

Episode 7 was literally done in one shot and it’s probably the most chaotic 20m in television ever.

Finished S2 last night, I really enjoyed both seasons.
S2E7 with the family dinner was tip top.

I keep hearing about how great this show is but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Shameless in a kitchen doesn't sound too appealing though.

I couldn't stand this guy on Shameless. It made no sense to me how they tried to make him out to be some stud. I do hear good things about the show though.

I couldn't stand this guy on Shameless. It made no sense to me how they tried to make him out to be some stud. I do hear good things about the show though.
I decided to watch it and am currently on season 2. Outside of a few issues here and there, it's good. Definitely worth a watch.

Haven't picked up on the second season yet. I was a chef and in kitchens for almost a decade. The first season was the most realistic restaurant show/movie I've ever seen. Seriously got anxiety when I heard the ticket machine burrrrrring, when they 86'ed or ran out or something, or when they had equipment go down. I'm over 10 years removed from slinging a knife, and I still have nightmares about the ticket machine or getting in the weeds. Show brought back a lot of memories for me. Really well done.
I feel ya.

I used to bartend and on weekends I was always the corner with the drink orders for the waiters because no one else could make the drinks fast enough. And I still had around 6 seats of the bar which would be 5 deep at times.

I remember times where I would turn around to make some annoying muddled time sucking drinks like mojitos and the slips would print out all the way to the ground for table orders.

I can still hear that sound of the printer.

Watched first 3 episodes of season 2 last night. I love everything about this show. As someone who opened a small business in 3 months I can relate deeply to the new season. The Bear and We Own the City are the best thing on tv in last decade

Last edited:
Got caught up a few days ago. One of my favorite shows out right now. Every character is given an opportunity to breath. We learn their struggles and motivates and as a result, I have a real connection to all of them. Funny, heartfelt, grounded, just such a well rounded show.

Excellent ensemble cast, fantastic guests, great writing, just a great show all around. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence about watching.

Makes me want to cook more and also be grateful I never worked in a kitchen. Show did a great job of spiking my anxiety lol.

Can’t wait for season three.

Only have two more episodes to go in season 2.

The sixth episode of the second season just might be the best episode of a television show I've ever seen in my life.

If course being filmed in Chicago it's going to even play into its amazingness for me.

I can see a third season possibly (I guess I need to see the last two episodes to say for sure) but I hate to see them drag this out too long.

Only have two more episodes to go in season 2.

The sixth episode of the second season just might be the best episode of a television show I've ever seen in my life.

If course being filmed in Chicago it's going to even play into its amazingness for me.

I can see a third season possibly (I guess I need to see the last two episodes to say for sure) but I hate to see them drag this out too long.
A third and final would be perfect

Great show.

Only real negative is they need to lay off the filters that are making it look like half the cast has rosacea.

As a Italian Beef aficionado, that show made me cringe 2 episodes in. So much fail "chef"

Season 2 episode 6 and 7 are incredible. The amount of stars they got to do cameo roles in episode 6 shows how sought after that show has become, and every one of them is awesome, especially Bob Oedenkirk and Jamie Lee Curtis. The stress and trauma and substance abuse and all the screaming and fighting in ep 6 gives way to the amazing character development and feel-good story of Richie's redemption in ep 7. Bravo.

I cord cut years ago and dont have hulu if this ever hits amazon prime I'll watch it.

Beyond a breath of fresh air, this show is a sack of gold. On its way to being a true classic. Love it.

Can't wait for season 3. Although with the strikes, seems like all we will do is wait.

Season 2 episode 6 and 7 are incredible. The amount of stars they got to do cameo roles in episode 6 shows how sought after that show has become, and every one of them is awesome, especially Bob Oedenkirk and Jamie Lee Curtis. The stress and trauma and substance abuse and all the screaming and fighting in ep 6 gives way to the amazing character development and feel-good story of Richie's redemption in ep 7. Bravo.
Forks was the perfect follow-up to Seven Fishes. Richie instantly went from being my least favorite character to one of my favorites (Tina is still the best though)

Back