The best fights for Conor in The MMA

DhalpsdaDocta

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If UFC was looking at the long term, they would be smart to put Conor in with somebody he has never fought before. He is a star builder, and anybody he fights can turn into a big star.

The fights that I want to see most

1) Conor vs Woodley - Can Conor capture the 3rd belt? Woodley is stocky stuffed wrestler with an overhand...Can conor avoid rounds of overwhelming GnP, would Woodley try to box with him? Fascinating matchup...Conor would have a great chance here and potentially win another belt and continue history.

2) Conor Vs Tony Ferg or KLee winner - for the integrity of the sport and to defend the lightweight bout. Conor vs Tony Ferguson would be EPIC

3) Conor vs Max Holloway - Yep they did fight already but this would be a great rematch!

What say you?

Conor vs Platinum

Fight of the century imo

If UFC was looking at the long term, they would be smart to put Conor in with somebody he has never fought before. He is a star builder, and anybody he fights can turn into a big star.

1) Conor vs Woodley - Can Conor capture the 3rd belt? Woodley is stocky stuffed wrestler with an overhand...Can conor avoid rounds of overwhelming GnP, would Woodley try to box with him? Fascinating matchup...Conor would have a great chance here and potentially win another belt and continue history.

2) Conor Vs Tony Ferg or KLee winner - for the integrity of the sport and to defend the lightweight bout. Conor vs Tony Ferguson would be EPIC

3) Conor vs Max Holloway - Yep they did fight already but this would be a great rematch!

What say you?
It's obviously Nate. Nate stopped him and then Conor won a close decision. The rubber match also does better numbers than any of the fights you've mentioned. Nate is the obvious fight. People will actually care more because it's a rematch. The UFC knows that star building blows up in their faces all of the time so they almost always go for the biggest money grab possible. Also how does this star building thing work, Conor smokes one of these guys and somehow they become a bigger name?

What say you?
1)<{MingNope}>
He doesn't have the gas tank to carry that bulk at 170. Woodley would run right through him. Stick to 155.
2) If el cucuy wins it's the fight I want to see. I don't think Kevin Lee is ready for the big stage even if he does beat El cucuy.
3) Another great potential fight. I just don't think Conor wants any part of FW. It needs to happen though, we didn't get to see either of them healthy the first fight.

Diaz 3 , then if he beats Nate again , give him Nick ...oh the build up of Nick out to avenge the loss of his little brother ...could work .

I agree that it has to be Nate.

Nate is his rival whether he likes it or not.

Plus Nate talks a lot of shit so it should sell well

Conor will fight, nate, GSP, and possibly khabib in Russia

Conor should fight Nate, knock him down and then soccer kick him right in his mouth, refuse Nate a 4th and leave his ass salty as fuck for the rest of his days.

All of his potential fights left are extremely hard fights, if he wants to win he needs to improve that cardio or he will lose them all tbh.

He is a star builder, and anybody he fights can turn into a big star.

Except that hasn't happened for literally anyone he's fought.

Nobody anywhere is talking or cares about Poirer, Mendes and Aldo. Zero people. Nobody cares about Alvarez.

Nate Diaz was already a marquee name in the sport. Love him or hate him, he was one of the few 'name' guys in a division of completely faceless fighters.

He got a big pop because he spectacularly boxed Conor's head in, then choked him out, and was a big name compared to his peers to begin with.

I feel bad for Ferguson, but the UFC is not going to make that fight after 6.5 million ppv buys. Nate or Khabib in Russia(which is unlikely imo) are the only fights that have been discussed by Conor and his camp. Dana himself said the interim title winner is not promised a fight against Conor right away.

now a very disgruntled Ferguson who feels like he is the rightful champ holding a belt smashing TMT's mma fighter is a much better sell

A fight with GSP is bound to happen. Dana White and Conor knows it.

Number 1 contender.
Number 2 contender.
Grown man Holloway moving up to get his revenge.

Or Woodley gets to KO him stiff for running his mouth.

Back