Economy The collapse of downtown Los Angeles

Something about Trump and white supremacy, isn't that what they blame everything on?
Poverty has stricken aspects of the county long before trump even got his hollywood star of fame.

among his many failings in leadership, his crimes, his rapes, his blundering of the pandemic, efforts to destabilize the democratic process and complete economic turmoil from his brief presidency.

Ive never hear him directly accused of specifically exacerbating homelessness in LA county.

Poverty has stricken aspects of the county long before trump even got his hollywood star of fame.

among his many failings in leadership, his crimes, his rapes, his blundering of the pandemic, efforts to destabilize the democratic process and complete economic turmoil from his brief presidency.

Ive never hear him directly accused of specifically exacerbating homelessness in LA county.
The point was that they place the blame anywhere but where it belongs.

Always the same thing in every thread. They whine about unfairness to Trump whether he was brought up in the thread or not. That cult has a such a victim complex.

I am in some pretty shitty areas for work. I will be in Detroit next week. I can understand why homeless would flock to LA....living in NYC or Philly homeless through the winter has to be brutal. What I can't believe is the last time I was in LA and SF , was the amount of whole blocks with tents. This is not the standard bums sleeping on the streets. People have built villages. Garbage everywhere and the smell is awful. Why can't the city clean that up? If all these sanctuary cities can spend billions on migrants, they can't take citizens and give them a room in a hotel? Access to showers and food? Makes no sense. Why would you take care of another countries poor and not your own? One single Hampton Inn in Stamford CT I used to stay at is filled with African migrants. Manager told me they get 25k a week. Meanwhile, the garage next door is lined with resident homeless Americans.

Always the same thing in every thread. They whine about unfairness to Trump whether he was brought up in the thread or not. That cult has a such a victim complex.
Laughing....Ya'll Muppets are turning Donald into a Rock Star and don't even know it. I find it comical that the same peeps that walked around with panties on their faces for two years call Trumps voters "Cult"...like.

I am in some pretty shitty areas for work. I will be in Detroit next week. I can understand why homeless would flock to LA....living in NYC or Philly homeless through the winter has to be brutal. What I can't believe is the last time I was in LA and SF , was the amount of whole blocks with tents. This is not the standard bums sleeping on the streets. People have built villages. Garbage everywhere and the smell is awful. Why can't the city clean that up? If all these sanctuary cities can spend billions on migrants, they can't take citizens and give them a room in a hotel? Access to showers and food? Makes no sense. Why would you take care of another countries poor and not your own? One single Hampton Inn in Stamford CT I used to stay at is filled with African migrants. Manager told me they get 25k a week. Meanwhile, the garage next door is lined with resident homeless Americans.
First time I went to Berkeley I was astounded with the homelessness. It was mainly college students living in RVs because they couldn't afford rent. Newsom managed o clean up the homeless dirty situation for the China president's visit and then it all went to pot again after he left. I am well rid of the Bay, I know 116f desert heat is far from ideal but the crime and homelessness in such affluent areas are less than ideal.

My wallet and bank account can't wait for more of that economic turmoil ..

Its weird man, I dont even know how trump could possibly be injected into this specific topic.

As you said, its as if they see their cult master as the perpetual victim he cries to be in ANY given situation.

fat mother fucker is the most victimized person born in to wealth in history and has convinced his cult following of such truth.

Here is a video showing what downtown Los Angeles looks like now.

"A severe business exodus from downtown Los Angeles is accelerating day by day........but after 2020 the area began to experience an economic and social decline to the point of complete collapse."

Is this what a healthy economy is supposed to look like?

That's how it always looked 🤔 🤣

We shouldn't be taking care of any others poor and were not cleaning up our own backyard. If anything the Borders should be shut down and we should be addressing our own issues and problems.

First time I went to Berkeley I was astounded with the homelessness. It was mainly college students living in RVs because they couldn't afford rent. Newsom managed o clean up the homeless dirty situation for the China president's visit and then it all went to pot again after he left. I am well rid of the Bay, I know 116f desert heat is far from ideal but the crime and homelessness in such affluent areas are less than ideal.
I know there is also a huge amount in Bay area that full time live in their cars. I just feel we need to divert money into drug and alcohol treatment instead of allowing people to move onto public streets. Get a room and board if you go for treatment and then a program to get work after. There have always been homeless, but what I see now on my travels is something out of a bad movie. I remember NYC in the 70s and 80s and it was never like this. We seem to throw money at everything else but our own people.

Laughing....Ya'll Muppets are turning Donald into a Rock Star and don't even know it. I find it comical that the same peeps that walked around with panties on their faces for two years call Trumps voters "Cult"...like.
Someone program this bot to know what LOL means.

Downtown LA has always been a shithole but its spilling out everywhere else. Its easy to make ragebait videos like this only showing the shitholes though. Retail stores closing because of mass theft is a real issue though.

Repeal Prop 47 and get rid of shithead Gascon and Newsom. Start prosecuting everything again. California would be back on track by christmas.

I know there is also a huge amount in Bay area that full time live in their cars. I just feel we need to divert money into drug and alcohol treatment instead of allowing people to move onto public streets. Get a room and board if you go for treatment and then a program to get work after. There have always been homeless, but what I see now on my travels is something out of a bad movie. I remember NYC in the 70s and 80s and it was never like this. We seem to throw money at everything else but our own people.
We're the same age, you don't remember too much about NYC in the 70s haha.
Before I moved to the US I always envisaged Oakland as Skid Row type sketchy but have enjoyed many a gig there and the gentrification sent prices through the roof...now it's sketchy again but still the same prices. It's a shame, being in IT for all of my career, working at NetApp a massive IT company in Silicon Valley was living the dream but it really isn't all it's cracked up to be apart from the weather.

The broad helped out a lot too. A lot of downtown has gentrified a lot (not sure last time you were there), Arts District, K Town, edges of the Fashion District, obviously LA Live added to what Staples did.

Around 1 year ago and 2 years ago, respectively. Only difference I noticed was more homeless post COVID but to be fair that's pretty much every major city. When I lived in OC I'd only go to LA area for concerts (OC has little to no venues), Dodgers games, and to visit family/friends. Even though salary normally is better in LA I could never deal with the traffic, density, high cost of living, and poor costal access. Preferred making a little less in Irvine until I went full remote.

Back