• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

THE ELDER SCROLLS VI ***Confirmed Xbox exclusive, won't arrive until 2026***

LMAO, are you cereal? Did you just try to sell The Witcher 3 as glitchy programming to a forum of gamers?

Giving a Christian sermon in the center of Riyadh might be safer. I'd recommend that.

You keep this up you won't have to wait for that mob justice.

I just stopped arguing with him. If you look at the history of gaming there are games that come along and they are milestones, icons, achievements in game making. Some of the early ones would be Wolfenstein, Doom, Elder Scrolls, then you had games like Half Life/2. These are just examples. These milestone achievements in gaming don't happen a lot. I would consider Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in that category. When it first released it blew peoples socks off. It was totally unexpected that it could be that good.

???

TES games have absolute shit combat. Far, far worse than the Witcher.

I think it's much simpler combat, and Witcher 3 attempts to be deeper and give more options. But ultimately I can find ES combat satisfying due to successfully implementing its admittedly rudimentary mechanics. It's simple, but also responsive and I generally always know what's going to happen and where my PC will end up after a maneuver.

In W3 it's like you're gliding on roller skates while just as often as not the player agency is taken away as Geralt might do a pirouette or charge forward seemingly at random. And if he twirls in a circle, despite my lack of desire for him to do so, I can always expect to either take damage or wind up in a completely different position than I prefer.

I think W3 combat has more options, it's deeper and more complex. It just happens to be clumsy and unpredictable, and at the end of the day the best strategy is still always to just roll away or dodge and strike after the enemy misses. So most of the options are rendered moot when enemies are beaten so easily by the systems most mundane maneuver.

However I'd also say combat is a more important mechanic for W3, since the game doesn't have the same sense of world building and scope that something like Skyrim has. As much as I played W3, I never just got lost in it which is an experience Bethesda games are superb at creating.

ES 6 will be a launch title for the next gen consoles.

And then remade and remastered for the next decade.

I look forward to re-joining the Dark Brotherhood.

Here's another pronouncement. TES VI will be the biggest cultural event in gaming history. Fallout 4 had some pretty big crossover into 'normie' spheres but the sequel to Skyrim will be far larger. It will blow hyped games like Zelda OoT and MGS2 out of the water.

Here's another pronouncement. TES VI will be the biggest cultural event in gaming history. Fallout 4 had some pretty big crossover into 'normie' spheres but the sequel to Skyrim will be far larger. It will blow hyped games like Zelda OoT and MGS2 out of the water.

Sir have u ever heard of Minecraft

Witcher combat isnt that great lol

Its good, but not great

Witcher's strengths lies in the writing and world building

Watch, Todd told the ES team "jeez these fucking gamers and their complaining. Someone go take a pic of some mountains and let's pop an elder scrolls logo on there."

I think it's much simpler combat, and Witcher 3 attempts to be deeper and give more options. But ultimately I can find ES combat satisfying due to successfully implementing its admittedly rudimentary mechanics. It's simple, but also responsive and I generally always know what's going to happen and where my PC will end up after a maneuver.

In W3 it's like you're gliding on roller skates while just as often as not the player agency is taken away as Geralt might do a pirouette or charge forward seemingly at random. And if he twirls in a circle, despite my lack of desire for him to do so, I can always expect to either take damage or wind up in a completely different position than I prefer.

I think W3 combat has more options, it's deeper and more complex. It just happens to be clumsy and unpredictable, and at the end of the day the best strategy is still always to just roll away or dodge and strike after the enemy misses. So most of the options are rendered moot when enemies are beaten so easily by the systems most mundane maneuver.

However I'd also say combat is a more important mechanic for W3, since the game doesn't have the same sense of world building and scope that something like Skyrim has. As much as I played W3, I never just got lost in it which is an experience Bethesda games are superb at creating.

Geralt does that pirouette when you try to attack without being close enough to land. I think that's more an issue of you not managing distance properly.

Completely disagree with the part about world building. The Witcher feels like a real place with real stories. In Skyrim everyone acts and talks the same, none of the characters are unique.

Geralt does that pirouette when you try to attack without being close enough to land. I think that's more an issue of you not managing distance properly.

Completely disagree with the part about world building. The Witcher feels like a real place with real stories. In Skyrim everyone acts and talks the same, none of the characters are unique.

Let me ask you something. In all the hours you've put into Witcher 3, did you ever spin in a circle when you didn't want to spin in a circle?

Characters and dialogue I'll give to W3 by a wide margin. But the sense of place and world building is, to me, wholly inferior to Bethesda games. It's not really an open world so much as a big map with really detailed towns in it. It creates these incredibly immersion breaking instances like a treasure chest that's never been found for years being located 15 feet away from the road behind a bush.

Last edited:
Let me ask you something. In all the hours you've put into Witcher 3, did you ever spin in a circle when you didn't want to spin in a circle?

Characters and dialogue I'll give to W3 by a wide margin. But the sense of place and world building is, to me, wholly inferior to Bethesda games. It's not really an open world so much as a big map with towns in it. It creates these incredibly immersion breaking instances like a treasure chest that's never been found for years being located 15 feet away from the road behind a bush.

When I first started playing, yes. After several hours I never struggled with the combat again except when I had to fight a boss.

Bringing up treasure chests is ironic when in Skyrim every damn cave, bandit hideout or quest location has the same looking chest with some type of magic item inside it. Oh yeah, and every single puzzle is the exact same thing. Put three symbols in the right order. Somehow it's been sitting there hundreds of years and everyone else was too stupid to figure it out. You walk around town and everyone says the same thing over and over. Tired of getting asked by that jackass if I go to the cloud district. And oh yeah, all the guards magically know about my activities and comment on them. Real immersive.

Part of what worries me about the next Elder Scrolls is that they might make another game like Skyrim instead of evolving their world. There needs to be unique, interesting characters, quests and locations.

Skyrim sucked compared oblivion. I won't hold my breath for the new one.

7 years later and all we get is an announcement trailer instead of a new game? which means it could still be 2+ years away FUUUUUUUUUUU

All I want is unique, pre-placed loot. I fucking hate loot being tied to your level. The best time I had in any Elder Scrolls is in Morrowind exploring and finding all the awesome equipment.

7 years later and all we get is an announcement trailer instead of a new game? which means it could still be 2+ years away FUUUUUUUUUUU
Yeah but you got ES online, it's exactly what you didn't ask for.

Heard the music in the trailer and legit thought it would be Elder Scrolls VI: STILL Skyrim
Part of what worries me about the next Elder Scrolls is that they might make another game like Skyrim instead of evolving their world. There needs to be unique, interesting characters, quests and locations.
The story of Fallout 3 is you leave a vault to look for a family member. Seven years later the story of Fallout 4 is...you leave a vault to look for a family member. I don't think Bethesda is evolving anymore. This is their final form.

Back