• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion The end of the War on Islam

It'll swing back around probably. But Western woke-ism has positioned itself as a greater threat to civilised life because it doesn't attack from a foreign land; it infiltrates and corrupts.

Last edited:
I guess compared to the religion of “woke”, (LGBTQ /BLM, drag queen story time, give hormone blockers to your kids, pro-vaccine passport type people) ... Islam is not that bad.

I think there are a lot of people in the West who have gained some respect for Islam because of the incredible moral decline in the West. We are living in a society with no morality, no limits and no higher purpose. The main focus is on hedonism and consumerism. The lefties are aggressively pushing for a clownworld and the right is obsessed with profit and the free-market. The institutions that are supposed to be the conscience of society have no backbone and are failing miserably to guide people.

With all of this foolishness going on you have Islamic people actually standing up and speaking out against the nonsense and living their lives differently. They don't give a shit what is politically correct or fashionable. They have moral guidelines, self-discipline and are living for a higher purpose. They don't care what the government says, what feminists say, what the media tells them to think, what is trending among celebrities, what is #Woke and so on and seeing people stand by their convictions is impressive. A lot more social conservatives are starting to see Islamic people as their ally.

A couple of years ago everyone on Sherdog seemed to be posting "Fuck Islam", but more and more I am seeing "Islam come quickly we are barely holding on" type of posts on Sherdog. Of course, they are not all completely serious, but it's certainty indicative of a change in attitude towards Islam. Even those who are joking can see the value in a group who stands firm against the meaninglessness of today's so-called western values.

khabib-not-me.gif

Last edited:
I think there are a lot of people in the West who have gained some respect for Islam because of the incredible moral decline in the West. We are living in a society with no morality, no limits and no higher purpose. The main focus is on hedonism and consumerism. The lefties are aggressively pushing for a clownworld and the right is obsessed with profit and the free-market. The institutions that are supposed to be the conscience of society have no backbone and are failing miserably to guide people.

With all of this foolishness going on you have Islamic people actually standing up and speaking out against the nonsense and living their lives differently. They don't give a shit what is politically correct or fashionable. They have moral guidelines, self-discipline and are living for a higher purpose. They don't care what the government says, what feminists say, what the media tells them to think, what is trending among celebrities, what is #Woke and so on and seeing people stand by their convictions is impressive. A lot more social conservatives are starting to see Islamic people as their ally.

A couple of years ago everyone on Sherdog seemed to be posting "Fuck Islam", but more and more I am seeing "Islam come quickly we are barely holding on" type of posts on Sherdog. Of course, they are not all completely serious, but it's certainty indicative of a change in attitude towards Islam. Even those who are joking can see the value in a group who stands firm against the meaninglessness of today's so-called western values.

khabib-not-me.gif
I agree. It’s sad that we threw the baby out with the bath water. Society now in the USA is standing upon basically no foundation. We really took our religion and replaced it with vapid consumerism

There's this female guitarist that hides her identity and in a recent youtube vid someone comments about 'never being able to see her face', and my first thought was I hope I never do. I like not knowing. That's something that I like about Islam and the burqa, provided its her choice and not because some asshole shoved a rifle in her face.

It was never a war on Islam, but a lot of Muslim leaders and some liberals painted it as such, so that Muslims around the world can be rallied, so that the West can be intimidated and pressured to temper criticism of Muslim countries, groups and leaderships and the religon. It's like how BDS and criticism of Israeli policy is branded as Anti-Semitic.

???

Religion as a whole is nothing more than a complete farce used as mind control for the masses. No one is any wackier than the other.

Early indoctrination and total submissiveness is a must for these religions intended purposes to work properly.

I told my kids that I could have brainwashed them to believe almost anything as young children and that’s no lie.

I decided to skip the brainwashing and just use my parenting to guide them in the right direction in life instead of scaring them into submission.

Stop brainwashing your children people and we might not have so much tribalism or unnecessary wars in the future.

Agreed. Islam is looking better and better everyday. Salami a-lakeman.
All supremacist and authoritarian ideas can kiss my ass. Yet the SJW nonsense is just a fad while the conservative cancer of Islam keeps growing. Oddly enough with the help of SJWs. Ain't that something?

???

(don't know what your question marks mean)

Liberals painted us as being at war with Islam? Wrong. They wanted to temper criticism of Muslim countries? Wrong. In both cases, not just wrong but pretty much the exact opposite of reality, and it's very odd that anyone would even think that by mistake. Like, you don't remember Republicans insisting that Obama say we're at war with Islamic rather than Islamist terrorism? That was a major talking point. You don't remember mocking attempts to boost moderates by specifically avoiding criticism of the religion and focusing on terrorists and certain political leaders (often you'd see rightist morons say "religion of peace" whenever some terrorist attack happened). Just a really strange belief expressed in that bit.

@Khabib Khanate you might be able to answer this for me. Ive always wondered. The prophet is considered holy and speaking badly of Him is a no no. But there's quite a few people who use his name ( have the same name ). Is it a problem to curse out at someone with the same name?

Is it more of a praise thing to name a child that?

Also to the Christians in here I've always wondered this . The whole worship no graven image thing. Why is there a worship of the cross and certain artifacts then?

Genuine curiosity to both
I was gonna be named after my great uncle but my dad thought it'd be weird and offensive to be yelling and disciplining me while referring to me with that name so he decided against it.
It's pretty much open knowledge that they were.
Of course funding came from SA and other Gulf countries but I've never heard it specified that it was clerics doing the funding, usually its framed as wealthy donors who are politically connected. That's a key distinction.

Back