Movies THE FLASH (Biggest Flop in Warner Bros.' History; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE FLASH, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I was actually stoked for a Peacemaker series, since he was arguably the best thing about The Suicide Squad, Cena was perfectly cast in the role, and the character himself was exciting to watch. And the series knocked it out of the park, with Cena managing to grow Peacemaker as a character. From a psychotic Captain America into someone who's desperate for friendship, wants to be a real Hero, but is consumed with self-loathing that stretches all the way back to his childhood. The series itself was a near-perfect mixture of drama, violence and pitch-black comedy.

Waller is just a manipulative, ruthless bitch. Davis is a good actor, but the character is so flat, I've no interest in seeing her or anyone else play it as the main role. It's not like you can even expect some decent action sequences. Cena is built like a brick shit-house, and his background in WWE helped him make the fight scenes look great. Waller got KTFO by a female office worker with a golf club:rolleyes:

I thought she was the worst part of Suicide Squad and that includes Jared Leto.

MY THOUGHTS ON THE FLASH...

The stuff that works in the movie works...including some of the humor even when it relies on Ezra to make it work. And...one of the sentimental moments. The stuff that doesn't work is basically the entire structure to get through the movie to the big decisions and emotional payoffs. This needed to be a much smarter film in terms of the time travel and multiverse stuff, as opposed to just glossing over it with a series of throwaway lines that hand wave issues away.

Michael Keaton's Batman just figures out the intricacies of the multiverse and instructs the audience...basically the Nexus Points from Terminator: Genisys. Not good enough. Then "main Ezra" takes it on faith without many data points.

The movie rides the line between serious and goofy...manages it to some degree but commits hard to goofy at the end with...the cameo to murder all cameos. Okay it's confirmed, we aren't to take anything seriously.

The Nicolas Cage and Adam West and Helen Slater Supergirl stuff works. These were the also rans of wacky past attempts to make movies and shows. This movie and the entire "cinematic universe" should have known to treat Christopher Reeve Superman and Michael Keaton Batman with more reverence. These are the crown jewels of what has ever been achieved by DC...and probably by superhero movies ever. These multiverse cameos should have had things like Nuclear Man from Superman 4 or maybe Brandon Routh or CGI Val Kilmer. It's inappropriate to have the fate of Christopher Reeve's Superman depend on anything Ezra Miller's Flash does.

This Keaton and Reeve stuff is classic post-Nolan DC blowing their load right out of the gate in the first movie (a la Batman v Superman). Now they have been used up and tarnished in a movie that ends a failing cinematic extended universe that all terminates in a punch line.

The return of Michael Keaton Batman could and should have been like the return of Tom Cruise as Maverick. Imagine Maverick returning for the first time in 30 years...as a supporting character in the sequel to Navy Seals or Firebirds or Iron Eagle.

Everybody waited and imagined more Michael Keaton Batman...same as they imagined a movie with Stallone and Schwarzenegger...for decades. And when they got the latter it was The Expendables. When they finally got more Luke Skywalker it was The Last Jedi.

This movie to its credit doesn't humiliate Michael Keaton's Batman. But at the same time...his story after all these many years has its third act being dragged by Ezra Miller's Flash to go and fight the bad guy from Man of Steel?

What the movie gave us wasn't bad...but it also mostly sacrifices what we could have gotten from an actual Michael Keaton Batman movie. I don't think the juice was worth the squeeze. I don't think the reward was proper for the opportunity cost. But the movie still gets a passing grade.

Ezra Miller and Supergirl both actually do a pretty good job.

5.9 / 10

Last edited:
Wow I actually don't care about this film but I've seen some trailer and was shocked to find out the actress who plays Flash's mother is none other than Maribel Verdú...
She's one of the best Spanish actresses of the last 30 years... She played one of the main characters in Pan's labyrinth. Had a big crush on her growing up. I hope she's getting paid big but it's kinda sad seeing great serious actors/actresses in these shitty things in very minor roles...
She still looks pretty good for a 52 y.o. lady imo!
16015600617230.jpg
I would sniff her bumbum

I was really hoping this would do well and get more Batman 89 nostalgia projects greenlit

pissed-foh.gif

I think it has hurt the cause if anything. If they were going to try to rely on Keaton to get moviegoers into the theater...why not just do a straight up Batman movie. This one gives the audience a number of "eats" they have to swallow in order to get to the end. Never mind the time travel, but now Tim Burton Batman lives in a world with Zod and Superman and all this other stuff.

The way to go was Rambo 4 / Rocky 6 / Top Gun Maverick or what Conan 3 was supposed to be if it ever got made.

This Flash story really doesn't need Michael Keaton's Batman in it to work. It could have been any smart character...including Ben Affleck's Batman. It could have simply been Jeremy Irons' Alfred.

The DCEU just kept combining stuff that never needed to be combined. Didn't need any of Wonder Woman or the future Justice League and maybe not even Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman. Blows the Doomsday wad as well prematurely. And the death of Superman. Always cramming stuff into the story that it doesn't need and then sacrificing the ability to actually tell that thing's story in the future.

Last edited:
I think it has hurt the cause if anything. If they were going to try to rely on Keaton to get moviegoers into the theater...why not just do a straight up Batman movie. This one gives the audience a number of "eats" they have to swallow in order to get to the end. Never mind the time travel, but now Tim Burton Batman lives in a world with Zod and Superman and all this other stuff.

The way to go was Rambo 4 / Rocky 6 / Top Gun Maverick or what Conan 3 was supposed to be if it ever got made.

This Flash story really doesn't need Michael Keaton's Batman in it to work. It could have been any smart character...including Ben Affleck's Batman. It could have simply been Jeremy Irons' Alfred.

The DCEU just kept combining stuff that never needed to be combined. Didn't need any of Wonder Woman or the future Justice League and maybe not even Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman. Blows the Doomsday wad as well prematurely. And the death of Superman. Always cramming stuff into the story that it doesn't need and then sacrificing the ability to actually tell that thing's story in the future.
Maybe best to let sleeping dogs lie. I was so excited to read the Batman 89 comic last year. First comic I've bought in 15 years. I hated it. Absolutely hated it. Now this.

I see this as damn near two movies.

The first is almost unwatchable. That Ezra nut belongs in a Woody Allen movie than playing barry allen in a superhero movie.
The humor was awful. Fucking hated it 2/10

The second half ... business picked up.
Batman's dry humor worked.
Pissed off Supergirl worked. She looked badass too.
The multiverse characters worked, some were really cool.
The big fight with Zod and time travel ending worked too.
8/10

In another universe, Batman says something like "only the Joker could have done that" and we hear the Joker's laugh. Does anyone know what that is a call back to?

Maybe best to let sleeping dogs lie. I was so excited to read the Batman 89 comic last year. First comic I've bought in 15 years. I hated it. Absolutely hated it. Now this.

Perhaps run any kind of sequel or reboot past Tom Cruise and maybe Stallone and if they veto that shit listen.

Just put them on permanent retainer and don't ask questions. If you don't understand why your movie buttfucks Indiana Jones or Luke Skywalker then just take orders and don't argue.

In another universe, Batman says something like "only the Joker could have done that" and we hear the Joker's laugh. Does anyone know what that is a call back to?

I don't specifically recall the dialogue but I think you were just seeing a brief snippet of the Adam West / Cesar Romero universe.

I just watched the flash. It was alright. I liked all the different Batmans. I also liked the female Superwoman. It was good. I had fun. Nice homage to the old Batmans and was that Nicholas Cage I saw as Superman?

I just watched the flash. It was alright. I liked all the different Batmans. I also liked the female Superwoman. It was good. I had fun. Nice homage to the old Batmans and was that Nicholas Cage I saw as Superman?

Yeah there was a costume test for a Superman movie years and years ago and when the photos leaked the movie was aborted and it became kind of an underground Hollywood legend.

nic-cage-435-aed5aa56b7b044188bfd12be9ea3a166.jpg

It was cool to see that take form on screen but it was also kind of a mismatch to have stuff that wacky combined with something as serious as seeing Christopher Reeve as Superman again. I think Christopher Reeve shouldn't even have been combined with Supergirl from the 80s which was one of the most poorly received and worst movies ever.

Last edited:
I think Christopher Reeve shouldn't even have been combined with Supergirl from the 80s which was one of the most poorly received and worst movies ever.
She was the only Supergirl of the era though, and even some of the shitty stuff from the 80's can invoke nostalgia in people (i.e., the stuff you loved to hate).

She was the only Supergirl of the era though, and even some of the shitty stuff from the 80's can invoke nostalgia in people (i.e., the stuff you loved to hate).

She belonged somewhere. Just not next to Christopher Reeve. In fact I don't think Reeve should have been grouped in with any of that at all and should have been left out.

I think if you ever have CGI Christopher Reeve return for a moment in anything...you pick your spot and you do it once and make it count. I don't think this movie should have suggested that the fate of Christopher Reeve's Superman could hinge on anything Ezra Miller does.

I'm not going to watch, not into that stuff, but without looking for it I still get the impression that Ezra Miller is a real piece of shit.

Like- he is HATED by most people who have worked with him and an arrogant obnoxious abusive asshole, that was the gist of it.

Back