Movies THE FLASH (Biggest Flop in Warner Bros.' History; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE FLASH, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I'd have been more interested if they hadn't done the Flashpoint story already on the TV show fairly recently.

They aren't. IMDb doesn't list a single upcoming project with their name attached to it. WB has been cagey about their Flash future in the lead up to this movie as not to spoil whatever momentum they could cobble together, but the likelihood of them remaining on are quite low.
Ok thanks, I was confused. Op mentioned Ezra as the flash.

I saw a leaked cameos on Twitter by someone trying to be first, if they were real leaks....the cgi was terrible. I have a feeling that was tucked away in the spoilers tab by DL which I haven't checked yet.
I did mention it in the non-spoiler review. Some of the CGI on the human doubles is just atrocious.

Ezra shot The Flash movie before most of the troubling reports came to light.
Yeah then he went all loony. It’s a bit funny I liked him in the perks of being a wallflower but even in that he was a bit of a crazy character, even in that movie we need to talk about Kevin, it’s as if he was playing characters that were more connected to him haha.

I saw the movie last night. I was a lot of fun but nothing extraordinary. Certainly not so good it made it worth putting up with all of Ezra Miller’s bullshit going forward. Sasha Calle looked much better than the BTS pics implied.

One thing I did appreciate was a clever bit of foreshadowing that only people from the Spanish-speaking world are likely to get.

When we meet Nora Allen in a flashback, she is listening and singing along to a cover version of "Pedro Navaja", a salsa song by Rubén Blades that everyone in Spanish-speaking Latin America knows.

Why is this foreshadowing? Two reasons:
  1. The song’s story features a woman who is stabbed to death by a common street thug… just as Nora is about to be.
  2. Later in the movie, Barry sings to himself the chorus of the song: La vida te da sorpresas / Sorpresas te da la vida, ¡ay, Dios! (Life gives you surprises / Surprises life gives you, oh God!). Of course, this foreshadows all the curve balls Barry has to deal with later in the movie, but people familiar with the song will know one of the stanzas that follows that chorus: Cuando lo manda el destino no lo cambia ni el más bravo / Si naciste pa' martillo, del cielo te caen los clavos (When destiny commands it, not even the bravest man can change it / If you were born to be a hammer, the nails will fall from the sky). Which of course is the ultimate lesson Barry is forced to learn over the course of the film.

Last edited:
Glad to see Ezra in the movie. If whatever he did was so bad why isn't he in jail? The moral outrage police need to find a new hobby.
It's weird that you don't know what he did to get removed from being the flash. Like it's not just a "moral police" situation. You can't go around physically assaulting people (choking out a woman/throwing chairs out of anger and hitting people with them) and stealing things...felony burglary isn't a "moral police" thing. It's legit breaking the law. Those aren't even the worse thing on the list (grooming accusations).

I'm a huge advocate for mental health and I'm glad he's getting help (I don't play that "they" stuff). However, everyone is held accountable for what they do, even if they are mentally sick.

It's weird that you don't know what he did to get removed from being the flash. Like it's not just a "moral police" situation. You can't go around physically assaulting people (choking out a woman/throwing chairs out of anger and hitting people with them) and stealing things...felony burglary isn't a "moral police" thing. It's legit breaking the law. Those aren't even the worse thing on the list (grooming accusations).

I'm a huge advocate for mental health and I'm glad he's getting help (I don't play that "they" stuff). However, everyone is held accountable for what they do, even if they are mentally sick.

Weird or not. I don't care. I'm glad you are so well informed on the comings and goings of Hollywood actors. I'm sure you have the full story as well. Everyone is held accountable? Lmao gtfo here for real

oh felony burglary and stealing? people get held accountable for that? You are gonna make me sick

Last edited:
Weird or not. I don't care. I'm glad you are so well informed on the comings and goings of Hollywood actors. I'm sure you have the full story as well. Everyone is held accountable? Lmao gtfo here for real

oh felony burglary and stealing? people get held accountable for that? You are gonna make me sick
Stop...admit you had no clue what was going on and fall back. There's no shame in that. You look foolish if you think this has anything to do with the "moral police" as you called it. His offenses are with actual police in which he did actual crimes. There's a difference. Good talk though!

Stop...admit you had no clue what was going on and fall back. There's no shame in that. You look foolish if you think this has anything to do with the "moral police" as you called it. His offenses are with actual police in which he did actual crimes. There's a difference. Good talk though!

i said i don't lmao. It has everything to do with it. I'm sorry if you don't agree. That's your right, for now. yea have a good one Emily

Wow I actually don't care about this film but I've seen some trailer and was shocked to find out the actress who plays Flash's mother is none other than Maribel Verdú...
She's one of the best Spanish actresses of the last 30 years... She played one of the main characters in Pan's labyrinth. Had a big crush on her growing up. I hope she's getting paid big but it's kinda sad seeing great serious actors/actresses in these shitty things in very minor roles...
She still looks pretty good for a 52 y.o. lady imo!
16015600617230.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it would help if one hasnt seen all the great animations out there with Flash, one of them being JL:Flashpoint Paradox https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2820466/ (which covers a large part)
where you get sense of what Flash's character is like. Unlike Spidey, whos nerdy but determined, funny but witty and not very manly, Flash was always a bit jockish but at the same time a total goofball yet charismatically sweet.

Ezra is so not the right actor for him,nor very good actor. Hes pathetic and lamely awkward, not adorably clumsy. And Iris.... there was not seen less chemistry between actors since the dawn of movies.

And then there is still his running style...one would think they'd fix that. ffs.
The movie just doesnt have enough essence. You'd think that with multiverses and parallel worlds and what not , it would be a bit more profound and intelligent. Yet it ends up typically onedimensional and super generic. Its just full of cringy/supercheesy oneliners, on the nose jokes and lame attempts at recycled scenes (not 1/10 of Quicksilver from Xmen saving kids from the mansion was worth that lame saving babies and puppy ) or forced inserted heroes parading randomly throughout the film for fans.
8 is too much....

Last edited:
Heard it's solid but no way as great as early reviews made it seem.. I did hear best part of Movie was Keaton . I likely wait at least a week and see it at one of the recliner theaters.

Without spoilers, does this movie actually reset the DCEU for the Gunn era or does this just end the Snyder era completely? I want to see it for Keaton alone but I also don’t want to waste my time going to the theater if this is just a throwaway movie otherwise that won’t set anything else up.

Back