The greatest voice in music history - Pick one male and one female..

Male - Corey Taylor
Female - Mariah Carey

It’s subjective but.. Phil Anselmo outpaces Taylor in range from one end of the spectrum to the other, and I’d say quite a bit when it comes to metal specifically. If I’m not mistaken Taylor uses effects to some degree when growling/screaming -Phil does that shit straight up.

Not that Taylor is a poor choice btw, dude can belt it out for sure.

Female: Etta James/ Aretha Franklin

Male: Frank Sinatra/ Chris Cornell

It’s weird to me how underrated Cornell is in these conversations but dude had a huge and unique signature voice. And Frank is Frank

Excluding opera singers, but for me personally I'd love to have the voice of Jim Morrison and if my girlfriend could sing I'd love for her to sound like Norah Jones or Siouxsie Sioux.

They aren't "the greatest", but I believe their voices are the ones I enjoy the most.

Make: Freddy Mercury

Female: Sarah mclachlan

Technically Freddy could win in both categories if he was alive to tell us his pronoun.

The best

Pavarotti

Whitney Houston

My favorite

Gordon Downie

Ann Wilson

I dunno, probably some opera singer who's been dead 100+ years. If we're limiting it to popular music I'd probably go with Mike Patton and Diamanda Galas based on their range and control, but the entire premise of this thread is faulty IMO.

Fuck, far too many to pick from. Saw Dmitri Hvorostovsky mentioned earlier, who was fucking phenomenal. Had somehow missed that he died four years ago.

I'mma have to go with these though.

female: floor jansen

male: david draiman

Male is between Steve Perry and Vitas

Female... And this pains me to say it because I hate her songs, but Celine Dion's vocal talent cannot be denied.

Back