The hardest hitting LW right now is

I'd still say Gaethje hits harder
You could be right. Maybe it's a bit of recency bias (Chalder melting Hooker, Gaethje unable to put Tony away) on my part but I still favor Chandler in sheer punching power right now because of how awesome of an athlete the guy is. Him being short and having that low center of gravity contributes greatly to it as well.

I agree.

He is also the hardest suplexing 155 on the planet.
f6yVcyJ.gif

Nearly killing Ferguson? Anyway, any fighter can be the hardest hitter based on how lucky their punch connects with the jaw.

Hyperbole.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he never knocked TFerg down.

In fact, TFerg scored the only KD of the fight.

Just saying

Chandler has arguably as much if not more power than JG; I'd say more, as he is more aggressive and explosive, and has been doing it that way since his Bellator days

Last edited:
Eh he is a bellator hype job. It is cool to root for a fresh face but we all seen what happened with Askren.

Hmmm... Alvarez came from Bellator. He won gold and not that long ago beat the shit out of Gaethje.
I was having this discussion with another friend. Alvarez also came at a much younger age. He left roughly same age as Chandler coming in now. Even when he was young, he was a 1 to 3 underdog against RDA at that time.

I'd still say Gaethje hits harder

Id say Eddie Alvarez disagrees

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Gaethje couldnt drop him once despite landing 70 shots to the head. Chandler had him dropped, rocked and nearly finished from sturikes like 4-5 times. And Chandlers punching technique is much better now with Hooft than it was then

Gaethje mostly gets knockouts from accumulation. He's only flat out KO'd Dan Lauzon, Edson and Vick. Lauzon hasn't fought good competition as far as sturikers to really rate his chin. Vick has a glass jaw. He caught Edson right on the button circling into his power. It was more placement than flat power. Edson, Cowboy and Vick are his only knockdowns in UFC unless you count Johnson wilting/breaking from the last knew and even then he was more beat up from accumulation. Tony, Baboon, Eddie, Michael, Firmino, Dustin etc.took a lot of his best punches and went on until the accumulation took over. Even Firmino was a doc stoppage

Chandler dropped Eddie 4-5 times and had him near out a couple times. His punches did visibly more damage than Gaethjes did and the version of Eddie that Gaethje fought already had a far more damaged chin. Chandler has KOd Patricky, Benson, Outlaw, Rickels (even MVP couldn't) out stiff and nearly to Hooker too

Gaethje only has more power in his kicks. Chandler has significantly more power in his hands.

Last edited:
Back