International The hundred billion dollar International Space Station maybe coming to an end

How do they not pay sales tax? Sale tax goes to the state. It’s impossible to evade paying sales tax. I’m not supporting this measure I’m just curious how they aren’t paying taxes to the state, since the state is paying this and not the federal government.
You don't pay tax and what you do not report. You don't pay tax on what is given to you if there are no consequences. They are not citizens. No one is physically forced to pay taxes. Look at Wesley Snipes. But he went to jail because he is a citizen. I am fine with helping people out. Im not cold hearted. But you have to pay into a system if you want the benefits of the system. My point of all of this is that we spend money in places that we shouldn't, and programs that could better mankind suffer.

Realist? We spent so much on people that are not even here legally, how could we afford to support Space projects? Something has to give. Although I guess you just think "Print more Money"
Hyperinflation?!?? What's dat????

That motherfucker won't even deliver the internet service he promised me months ago!
Or his fully automated electric cars, or the Hyperloop he promised, or his electric semi, or his solar powered roof shingles, and I bet he doesn't deliver the AI he showed off a couple of months ago.

Considering that the station was originally designed to last 15 years and it became operational back in 1998, it is not all that unexpected.

Operational only in the sense that two modules (Zarya & Unity) were launched in 1998, but remained uninhabited until 2000 when the Zvezda module was launched and docked with Zarya/Unity.

In November 2000 Expedition 1 arrived at the ISS. It carried the first resident crew.

It would be another 10 years before the remaining modules had been launched and mated to the ISS.

The same Russians who launched the first satellite, put the first man in space, performed the first spacewalk?

Nazi scientists they recruited.
5lg0wker8am51.jpg

The Russians Space Program was built on the same fundamentals as the U.S.

Last edited:
I disagree. We are destroying our own habitat for greed.
Will the planet die? Nope but it will become largely uninhabitable for us. I do think we will survive in some form for a long time but business as usual is simply not possible.
Hell we are going to run out of freshwater within our grandkids lifetimes. (Some say our lifetimes but I'm trying to be optimistic about technological advances.)

Oh by no means do I think the current population will be sustainable on this planet and given an amount of time being outside will be bad for your health. But the simple logistical challenge of going to other planets with equipment to start a meaningful colony means whatever we do will be done here.

Elon Musk is the cause for all these morons coming out of the woodwork, thinking terraforming is something is like a decade away.

Elon just delayed the Cybertruck an the Roadster for another year. He even went on an said we cannot build the Cybertruck because it costs over a million to build currently.

There are people who put 1/4 millon dollar deposits on a car they are going to wait 4 years to get it. He's the world champion for over promising.

Look I like the guy but saying we where going to have full self driving by 2020 in 2016 was a case of over promising. He has done amazing things but now admits the Starship maybe to heavy.

Elon just delayed the Cybertruck an the Roadster for another year. He even went on an said we cannot build the Cybertruck because it costs over a million to build currently.

There are people who put 1/4 millon dollar deposits on a car they are going to wait 4 years to get it. He's the world champion for over promising.

Look I like the guy but saying we where going to have full self driving by 2020 in 2016 was a case of over promising. He has done amazing things but now admits the Starship maybe to heavy.
Sooooooo, he hasn't delivered on very much then, eh? There's a word for him people used to use back in the day. It's called being a snake oil salesman, back in the west those people used to be hunted like criminals and tried.

Agreed, it seems no small number of people think its some kind of insurance for mankind.
There lies my biggest problem with this shit. He is using this as insurance to leave this planet when it's destroyed by us, because he thinks he's better than us. You know he was offering plebs like you and me the ability to go to Mars with him? You know the stipulation, if you couldn't pay the initial price? You work off your debt as an indentured servant.....on a planet you'll never be able to escape from. It astounds me this egomaniac has a cult following like he does.

Operational only in the sense that two modules (Zarya & Unity) were launched in 1998, but remained uninhabited until 2000 when the Zvezda module was launched and docked with Zarya/Unity.

In November 2000 Expedition 1 arrived at the ISS. It carried the first resident crew.

It would be another 10 years before the remaining modules had been launched and mated to the ISS.
Soooo, a colossal waste of money, resources, time, and effort on our part. But, hey.....space!! Amirite?!?

Oh by no means do I think the current population will be sustainable on this planet and given an amount of time being outside will be bad for your health. But the simple logistical challenge of going to other planets with equipment to start a meaningful colony means whatever we do will be done here.
For now.

Ok, until we can reliably create wormholes.
Nah, I think we are closer than that. Look up the TR-3B. It's been in development for awhile. The Navy has patents that would allow a vehicle to create a gravity shield around it for movement without friction. Noone knows all the details cause the military sucks like that but it seems if they can get it to work you would be able to pilot the craft through any medium without slowing down. So from water, to air to space without problems.

Not saying that's the answer but it seems that there may be some tech coming down the pipeline that will help.

Back