The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he tags the B & C leagues? Both are not on PPV, the biggest payday both have offered requires winning multiple fights in a league and/or tournament format, which he makes more in boxing, why would he make any transition to that?
Like someone already said, he tagged them to rustle Dana's jimmies, and also, if he actually does a MMA PPV, he can cross promote with fighters from either of those Orgs. Either way its a big middle finger to Dana/UFC, lol

Sounds like the money is drying up in boxing so he will end up milking Dana for another payday or two

Also I didnt realize knocking out Woodley and Askren makes you as good of a boxer as any MMA fighter.
to be fair not many people managed to knock woodley out specially the way jake did

Well, he never faced a boxer in his boxing career, so I doubt he'll ever face an MMA fighter during his MMA career.

Not to mention size. It’s not a stretch to think he can KO a guy like McGregor who isn’t the strongest with grappling in some time, he’s much much bigger.

Hell, with Jake’s college wrestling background it probably won’t take long to get to Connor’s level of grappling and surpass it.
College ? I thought only high school. Logan was the more successful state level high school wrestler , and I don’t think he even wrestled in college. I may be wrong but I don’t think so . If you have conflicting info , please share .

I would bet he has thrown hundreds if not thousands of kicks prior to that.

We know he can box as good as any MMA fighter. With his wrestling history, and a little bit of kickboxing, he would embarrass MMA. This is what happens when an A-level athlete decides to take shit seriously.
How do we know that? Are way past their prime Askren and Woodley the best MMA has to offer in boxing?

Not bad for day 1. That little bit of pivot is better than most.
Yeah it’s good he’s moving his foot right, but the angle of the kick would make it slide up a leg or get extremely damaged if checked. Better to roll that kick over so it really digs in.

College ? I thought only high school. Logan was the more successful state level high school wrestler , and I don’t think he even wrestled in college. I may be wrong but I don’t think so . If you have conflicting info , please share .
This is correct….. I think Logan may have had a scholarship for Ohio University, but didn’t pan out long at all… Jake didn’t wrestle past high school

Because it looks like that’s his next thing MMA!
What do u think?

I mean he isn't a non particulary athletic almost 40 years old guy whose body is destroyed by getting beaten up on purpose every day for two decades.
So I guess yeah?

No because Punk had years of experience wrestling professionally before getting into the Octagon. Jake lacks that key skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back