The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make it happen. Lets see who's better.

Never understood the CM hype. Had no idea who he was, fought like a random out of the crowd.

Obviously he would kill CM punk, he placed in the state championships in wrestling in high school and out boxed Woodley. CM punk never could have come remotely close to doing either.

Jobbers job

Mickey Gall is just lucky Punk didn't lock in the anaconda vice.

Yes since he actually has fought in combat sports before

Yes, Jake is actually a young man in his physical prime and actually has an athletic background.

I love pro wrestling, liked CM Punk, but he was not an athlete, and if it weren't for pro wrestling he would just be a smartass working at a comic book store in Chicago

Edit: he'd probably have a podcast or YouTube channel to

masvidal would shoot for a takedown round 1 after being shook

Jake by KO, at least he is somewhat athletic with some power and naturally larger.

I could see him become top 5 in mw with some favourable matchups.

this is stupid. lol Dana would put him in TUF season whatever..

CM Punk set the bar very low. Jake already did better than CM Punk even though it's boxing and not UFC. It was basically the same thing CM Punk was trying to do, but he actually trained properly for it. CM Punk obviously wasn't prepared for it technically and physically. He has the money for the best training too and yet came in completely unprepared in both fights.

College ? I thought only high school. Logan was the more successful state level high school wrestler , and I don’t think he even wrestled in college. I may be wrong but I don’t think so . If you have conflicting info , please share .
This.

I saw an MMA site today discuss his DI college wrestling and mentioned a "full ride".

I have not heard of this guy wrestling in college. Also, since DI colleges are only allowed 9.9 wrestling scholarships, it is extremely rare for a college wrestler to have a full scholarship.

I wish MMA sites had fact checkers.

kinda scary that he can actually beat mma fighters.
Only in a boxing match. I'm sure Askren and Woodley would have beat him if takedowns were allowed. It's hard to judge Paul's talents until he fights a guy that is a legit boxer in his prime. He's cherry picking guys right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back