Crime The killing of Dexter Reed. The new George Floyd? "He was just riding around in his car, and they killed him"

I honestly haven't delved into to this.

Was it an actual traffic stop? If Mr. Swiss cheese legit thought he was being pulled over by LEO the only thing he had to do was sit there and await instruction.

I'm not exonerating the police since I don't know if they followed protocol and procedure. Having no criminal arrest record and having never shot at anyone I have a hard time putting myself in the deceased individual's shoes.

Shooting was definitely justified. The stupid motherfucker shot the police. What’d he think was gonna happen?
But just curious.. isn’t a seatbelt violation a secondary offense? Meaning it’s not something they can pull you over for , but rather just something they can add on to your charges if you’re pulled over for something else?

Maybe I’m wrong and Chicago is different from here.

Shooting was 100 percent justified and the mom is just in denial and the mom is just looking for another free handout. This self victimized race shit is getting so old and tired and the majority of people are just done with it...and I think thats on both "Sides".

You are overly focused on the whatever petty violation they used as a pretense to pull him over. Maybe that's relevant but very likely it's not.

I had a situation years ago where we staked out an adult guy known to abuse a 17 year old(pimping her out). I ended up pulling him over for double parking. However clearly I wasn't really detaining him for the double parking and putting him in handcuffs just for that. It helps the cops not to tip their hand. "We are detaining you for a seatbelt(or even better "investigation") violation and we're placing you in handcuffs for our safety however you're as of now not under arrest". Then eventually you book the guy, read him his rights, offer to take a statement, maybe use interrogation techniques if they are willing to talk, etc.

It's very possible these officers were staking out trap houses and this guy came from there. They could have arrested him before he got in the car but decided not to tip their hand.

Time will tell as more info comes out but reacting like this is not normal. Normally at worst it's a foot chase or vehicle pursuit where the person tries to ditch the gun. It's insane to start shooting at cops the way he did. Even if we forget that this was an illegal gun possession case or even dealing with gun enhancement, shooting at cops makes no sense here. It's very possible this was a prearranged drug buy which could explain why he was so jumpy, had a gun, etc.

I'm more focused on why a specialized plain-clothes unit is doing these kinds of stops. As you said it could be part of a sting operation, and they could have been specifically targeting this man, but as of right now we dont know that. These kinds of groups have already had incidents overstepping their bounds. Chicago Police have also carried a poor reputation of interacting with the public for quite a while.

I can reserve final judgment for all of the information, however I wont exactly be surprised if this unit had a habit of engaging in basic traffic stops, this guy wasn't part of some deeper operation, and this one just went particularly sideways for whatever reason.

Shooting was definitely justified. The stupid motherfucker shot the police. What’d he think was gonna happen?
But just curious.. isn’t a seatbelt violation a secondary offense? Meaning it’s not something they can pull you over for , but rather just something they can add on to your charges if you’re pulled over for something else?

Maybe I’m wrong and Chicago is different from here.
In my state you will get pulled over for it. I've had two tickets for seatbelt violation but I'm still alive because I wasn't a fine "scholar"...I mean criminal and decided to shoot at the police.

I honestly haven't delved into to this.

Was it an actual traffic stop? If Mr. Swiss cheese legit thought he was being pulled over by LEO the only thing he had to do was sit there and await instruction.

I'm not exonerating the police since I don't know if they followed protocol and procedure. Having no criminal arrest record and having never shot at anyone I have a hard time putting myself in the deceased individual's shoes.
Jump out boys don't do traffic enforcement. They will, however pull a person of interest over for a traffic violation as a means of making contact.

Last edited:
Creating another George Floyd requires having independent and conservatives lapping up the narrative as well. People forget that everybody acted outraged about Floyd’s OD and everybody was supporting that movement. Even Rush Limbaugh went on the Breakfast Club acting outraged. Similar things with Michael Brown. People were quick to buy the “hands up don’t shoot” lie.

Thats not happening here and other recent attempts by democrats and media to stir up race riots. They quite literally burned up their credibility. More people are cautious about encouraging them to destroy more cities and mainline their anti American, anti white, and pro crime slogans through every facet of American life.

This happens every election cycle. You hear scattered stories about how the democrats are struggling to mobilize black voters or even losing black voters and then they’ll try to incite “mostly peaceful” race riots, ramp up DEI indoctrination, and of course prop up “charities” to donate to help the beleaguered black man that all are funneled to the democrat party. The media paddy wagon usually gets most back in the plantation by Election Day.

The reason conservatives quickly jump on this seemingly before it’s a big issue is to not give an inch.

Because the right and others initial credulity helped the left mainstream the idea that George Floyd and Michael Brown weren’t scumbags and that there really is some endemic of cops “killing black folks” when the stats don’t back that up in the slightest.

Last edited:
As of right now I haven't seen anything on what the initial contact was like, and depending on when the bodycams were activated or who all had them on, we may never know what the initial contact was like outside of the Police testimony. I can agree that more information is needed, but it's also funny how the "let's wait until we know more" crowd has already concluded on this incident. And even if the initial contact absolves the officers in that they identified themselves before it escalated, there is still the question of why a specialized unit is doing these kinds of traffic stops, or were they targeting this guy specifically. Just seems unusual and these kinds of units have horrible reputations across the board.

Initial contact? There are numerous videos from the very beginning.

You heard it here. It was the cop's fault that they pulled a guy over for a seatbelt violation.

I got pulled over in Ohio on my way back from Michigan back in 2010 for a seatbelt violation, and I didn't have a shoot-out with the police. I paid the $90 fine.

You glossed over @Sinister point sir.
He said plain clothes officers, and I highly doubt you were pulled over by plain clothes cops.

Back