The main reason Pettis is no longer top tier fighter.

perlrulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
About-USADA-Circles.png

Pettis turned inconsistent before USADA showed up.

He should’ve never left lightweight.

And no there isn’t any proof at all. But if you look at Pettis from the Barboza fight, then look at Pettis from the Henderson rematch. Those are not the same guys.

I've never noticed any difference in his speed power or physique. He's just not as flashy as he used to be and seems to have lost his edge. But thats just a result of him being exposed and humbled

The difference is, they aren't cherrypicking his fights anymore

upload_2019-8-21_13-38-25.png
Look at that record, he's fought so many elites it's mind boggling.

Beat mediocre fighters bar Wonderboy, lost to Great fighters. Also started losing before USADA.

Not suprising at all.

I like how USADA couldnt even get a graphic designer to get the 'M' in Management out of the white circle on the blue wheel. Thats pretty much GD 101, its like having a cartoon bubble with the content spilling out on the sides. Rookie shit. Too busy busting people for smoking weed.

I was looking at that too. The timing is uncanny.

The timing? He lost to Guida in his first UFC fight. The blueprint was laid out from the start.
Who did Pettis beat that you think he would lose to now?

I dont get the USADA talk.

I think it's bullshit.
Pettis has uneven performances and to me that speaks volume on his coaching.
His coaching and weight strategy against Diaz was very suspect.

Fuck off ts.

He fights the best fighters in the fucking world. Ever since the kick on Benson he has been the biggest matchup for the top guys at any weight.
He is legit top 10 in 145 155 and probably 170 in the whole world.
Let that sink in ts.

I'm just not sure he was ever truly elite in hindsight
The Cerrone win was good but we all know especially at the time that Donald wilted when people went to the body. His biggest elite win is x2 against Bendo, but I think he was just a bad stylistic matchup for him

His real issue is he hasn't really improved and fixed up the holes in his game, but he's a Duke Doofus fighter so that's a given

A guy by the name of RDA happened and in such an unforgiving sport, I believe Anthony has really never , mentally, recovered from that. That and this is not an easy sport to stay on top ..... especially in a division (155) where while Pettis made his title run and achieved wheaties box status, top 155 talent was still being facilitated into UFC....and the continued evolution of others.

This is a brutal, thankless and unforgiving game. Dana was always right about one thing and that thing is that everyone has that small window to take advantage and capitalize in winning UFC title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back