The Max Holloway Effect Already Taking Place in Korea After UFC 300.

Max bet big on himself from a marketing standpoint with this fight. It was a pretty big risk to reward match up.

Him finishing like that shot his popularity through the roof, into being a big draw in future fights.
YUP and on the biggest stage in his entire career. he has NEVER had that many eyes on him and despite that, delivered a entertaining one sided performance with a once in a lifetime finish.

A++ on maxs report card that night. Much like the masvidal flying knee and the showtime kick this will be max holloways career defining moment forever. And it wasn't any of his many UFC title fights either.

Last edited:
Max bet big on himself from a marketing standpoint with this fight. It was a pretty big risk to reward match up.

Him finishing like that shot his popularity through the roof, into being a big draw in future fights.
dude, I love max and I was expecting him to get steamrolled. I have never been more ecstatic for being wrong about something ever

Idk where that finish will end up in the all time list, but damn it has to be up there.

Silva pulling that sub against Chael was prob my favorite last minute win before this, and the context and importance of the two are totally different, but Max's is creeping up my list the more I think about it.

If he can find a win against Topuria. Him vs volk 4 could be a big seller where a lot of people were loving volk at the end of his reign. Seems to be what Max is aiming for.
Volk is a different fighter now max easily wins now

haha! just don't do that to a Polynesian, because they like that and you might kiss the floor lmao
mORvw0@small.gif

Volk is a different fighter now max easily wins now
Quite possible. But just pointing out their marketability is way bigger than it was in their original 3 fights. So wouldn't be surprised if they run with it if Max beats Topuria. Big if there though, Topuria is dangerous.

dude, I love max and I was expecting him to get steamrolled. I have never been more ecstatic for being wrong about something ever
Me too brother.

I initially thought Gaethje would smash him, but as the fight got closer and I saw how Max upped his strength and conditioning, I started to think it might be competitive.

I had no idea it would be Holloway handing out an epic beating and face-plant KO.

Dude went legendary. Haha

I'm really happy for Holloway. I got into the sport right when he was starting out in the UFC. I've been tracking his career from his loss to McGregor, through his epic 13-fight winning streak, to his three losses against Volkanovski that had some folks saying he was washed up. But now, he's come back, knocked out Gaethje, and snatched the BMF title. It’s been awesome and a privilege to watch his journey. This fight was a huge gamble for him. Most fans thought it would be a repeat of Gaethje vs Ferguson and mark the start of Holloway’s decline. But hell no, Holloway really seized the moment at UFC 300, boosting his profile big time and giving his career a strong second wind. Definitely one of the top moments in UFC history.

That is so funny. And I didn't know Zombie had an amateur league! Good for him. He deserves success post-UFC. Dude is a bad motherfucker and he has at least 2-3 fights you could admit into the HOF.
And of course, who doesn't love Max? The best is Blessed.

If he can find a win against Topuria. Him vs volk 4 could be a big seller where a lot of people were loving volk at the end of his reign. Seems to be what Max is aiming for.
He should avoid that fight like the plague, no need, Volk isnt the champ, he will go into Adesanya vs Pereira territory with 1 win, still far behind in the score.

Damn fam dem Southern style boiz buckin' 💯🦌

Mans from up top 🔝 we get down different in our endz but dirty south got dat Holloway wave on lock good for them fam fr 🏄🏽‍♀️🔒

He should avoid that fight like the plague, no need, Volk isnt the champ, he will go into Adesanya vs Pereira territory with 1 win, still far behind in the score.
He's not going too. He said he wants it. And wants it if he wins the championship off topuria. And where both max and volk are popular entities now I assume they would roll with it.

Max deserves all the flowers. He's my favorite 155 and under fighter of all time. I never thought someone would take BJs spot as the baddest Hawaiian.

Back