The metal thread \m/

lol
I listen to extreme Metal since a long long time, stop trying to be condescending. Taste is subjective, for me it's in the Top 20 of DM records easily. I'm not much of a DM guy hence there's not a lot of records I really enjoy. I'm more into BM and Thrash Metal. I also usually don't like USDM, I much more enjoy the Finnish stuff or the South American stuff. The technicality on the new BI Album is impressive to say the least.
Name your 10 favorite DM records.
Bro, the being ultra hardcore shit gets tiresome. Like you can’t like what you like unless you fit into a little mold. It’s cool when your in your teens.

That BI album is pretty good. I can understand people really really digging it, even if I do not.

Bro, the being ultra hardcore shit gets tiresome. Like you can’t like what you like unless you fit into a little mold. It’s cool when your in your teens.

That BI album is pretty good. I can understand people really really digging it, even if I do not.

I don't even understand what is supposed to be hardcore about enjoying a different Album more than the Album I enjoy. Just because he loves some obscure DM shit from 1988 more or whatever? I can guarantee I heard every single one of his favorite "super-obscure" Albums, I'm very deep into this music, not to brag, but it is literally my job.
A lot of people in this thread know that I run a Youtube Channel ONLY dedicated to underground music including very obscure bands and labels that span the entire globe. I organized concerts in the past, I conveyed bands to labels, I promote, I do more than most people to keep the underground alive. Because I love this music more than anything in the world. Even ran a label in the past (not alone). Signed bands nobody here has ever heard of (not meant in a condescending way, it is not possible to know every band also some bands willingly produce music that only a small amount of people will enjoy), and then somebody is asking me if that's my first DM Album, lol. I would feel insulted if it wouldn't just showcase his ignorance by judging people by one single Album they enjoy. I love a lot of more commercial music aswell.

Last edited:
I don't even understand what is supposed to be hardcore about enjoying a different Album more than the Album I enjoy. Just because he loves some obscure DM shit from 1988 more or whatever? I can guarantee I heard every single one of his favorite "super-obscure" Albums, I'm very deep into this music, not to brag, but it is literally my job.
A lot of people in this thread know that I run a Youtube Channel ONLY dedicated to underground music including very obscure bands and labels that span the entire globe. I organized concerts in the past, I conveyed bands to labels, I promote, I do more than most people to keep the underground alive. Because I love this music more than anything in the world. Even ran a label in the past (not alone). Signed bands nobody here has ever heard of (not meant in a condescending way, it is not possible to know every band also some bands willingly produce music that only a small amount of people will enjoy), and then somebody is asking me if that's my first DM Album, lol. I would feel insulted if it wouldn't just showcase his ignorance by judging people by one single Album they enjoy. I love a lot of more commercial music aswell.

This is all impressive, no matter the scope. Much respect to you, and keep up the great work!

Enough about the best death metal records. Let’s get a consensus best grindcore albums! My personal favourite is inhale/exhale from Nasum.

Edit*
Napalm Death’s death metal albums in the 90’s ruled tbh.

Last edited:

Friend of mine made this. Pretty good Black Metal, especially if you're into the more traditional stuff.
Give it a chance, my buddy will be happy!

i don't ever understand this, a lot of bands who do that type of music are fucking nerds

The lyrical content in half of the songs is a dungeons and dragons session or something about physics.

i don't ever understand this, a lot of bands who do that type of music are fucking nerds

The lyrical content in half of the songs is a dungeons and dragons session or something about physics.
I don’t know why people do what they do. It’s the same people who act crazy and almighty when you haven’t heard of a certain group or what have you. Only so many hours in a day. Everyone wants to be the arbiter of their own slice of art. The final word. I enjoy railing against those same people. Small pleasures.

Friend of mine made this. Pretty good Black Metal, especially if you're into the more traditional stuff.

I actually like this a lot

Listening to SODs Speak English or Die, better than Anthrax imo, awesome shit.

Anyone check out their Spotify Wrapped and realize Spotify has some really dumb/incorrect genre tags?

I was browsing Metacritic to see if there's anything interesting and saw the reviews for the Blood Incantation record. I'm listening to it now, it's very good. It sounds like it comes from the olden days of fanzines and mail order cassettes.

And this band White Ward also caught my attention because a couple of reviews mentioned there's some Bohren & Der Club Of Gore influence. It seems like it shouldn't work, black metal and jazz, but it does, it's a very good record.

Nails

Leeched

Fuming Mouth

how about the new Beneath the Massacre? Really intense band...

ssorc - Japanese brutal black metal

Pleasantly surprised, this is good. If i can critique a little, i'd want the vocals to be "muddier" or lower fi for lack of a better description, less produced maybe, or more quiet or deeper in the mix... but only a little...

Enough about the best death metal records. Let’s get a consensus best grindcore albums! My personal favourite is inhale/exhale from Nasum.

Edit*
Napalm Death’s death metal albums in the 90’s ruled tbh.
i’d rather take a bullet than choose just one

And this band White Ward also caught my attention because a couple of reviews mentioned there's some Bohren & Der Club Of Gore influence. It seems like it shouldn't work, black metal and jazz, but it does, it's a very good record.

It's my third favorite record this year. :)
Great, great stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back