The most overrated band of all time?

Ya everybody knows unpopular/irrelevant bands make bank ...

I can’t tell if your joke is that bad or you’re that thick headed.

legacy acts always have insane royalties, that doesn’t mean they are more popular today

Beatles overrated? Hahaha.....

Nobody put together the creativity and catalogue that those dude's did. In a league of their own.
They aren’t even as creative and diverse as the jazz guys in their day lol

I can’t tell if your joke is that bad or you’re that thick headed.

legacy acts always have insane royalties, that doesn’t mean they are more popular today
Just take the L , you're embarrassing yourself.

They broke up 50 years ago , name another act ( preferably one you consider overrated/irrelevant) that has been gone that long pulling in anywhere close to that .

You have no leg to stand on here .

They aren’t even as creative and diverse as the jazz guys in their day lol
Umm " the jazz guys " invented a whole new form of music , your analogy is bizarre.

Just take the L , you're embarrassing yourself.

They broke up 50 years ago , name another act ( preferably one you consider overrated/irrelevant) that has been gone that long pulling in anywhere close to that .

You have no leg to stand on here .
Post Malone gets more play than the Beatles

shut the hell up

My answer to the thread question btw is the Grateful Dead.

They were never really rated though were they? They've always been on the fringe. I mean, other musicians rate them. I guess you could say they were musician's musicians in the sense their peers understood what they were doing and how it shouldn't have worked but somehow did. Elvis Costello who got to see them on the Europe '72 tour does a decent job describing them here:

Last edited:
They were never really rated though were they? They've always been on the fringe. I mean, other musicians rate them. I guess you could say they were musician's musicians in the sense their peers understood what they were doing and how it shouldn't have worked but somehow did. Elvis Costello who got to see them on the Europe '72 tour does a decent job describing them here:

I’m not sure what you mean by rating them then; they don’t have the #1 hits that the Beatles do, but surely the Dead are highly rated. Everyone knows who they are, they had massive hordes of fans that followed them city to city, Jerry Garcia was immediately identifiable to most people on sight, I would think. They were def put on a pedestal.
But then again, I was a musician too when I first tried getting into the Dead (I’ve actually just picked up the guitar again recently for the first time in close to 20 years).

But unlike a lot of musicians or guitarists, I never cared for Jerry’s playing, can’t tolerate most of the Dead’s catalog, and the whole hippie jam band thing just really doesn’t work for me. Don’t like jam bands in general, like I’m also not a Phish or Widespread Panic fan, or Umphrey’s, etc. I’ve always put jam-ish bands like Cream or Pink Floyd in a different category, but maybe it’s just a matter of preference.

Always good to hear from Elvis Costello though, whom I definitely am a fan of. :)

Last edited:
And why do you think people want to use their songs for events?

they also use Guns N’ Roses, Poison and queens of the Stone Age

don’t start pretending like they’re relevant either

they also use Guns N’ Roses, Poison and queens of the Stone Age

don’t start pretending like they’re relevant either

But they have songs that people know which was what we were arguing about.

But they have songs that people know which was what we were arguing about.
That doesn’t mean they’re listened to or popular in 2022

Ragtime is all the rage bro, kids think it’s straight gas

That doesn’t mean they’re listened to or popular in 2022

Ragtime is all the rage bro, kids think it’s straight gas

Except the Beatles are still the 42nd most streamed artist on Spotify, which is pretty relevant.

Except the Beatles are still the 42nd most streamed artist on Spotify, which is pretty relevant.
Sure, old people use Spotify too. They’re gonna be one of the top legacy bands. They’re just not relevant to the average consumer. Music is generally targeted towards a younger audience, plenty of kids don’t know who Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles are. Just like in 40 years they wont know Taylor swift.

Back