The reason behind Khamzat vs. Edwards

It’s not that difficult...

Magny = No name gatekeeper. He’ll do absolutely NOTHING for Khamzats stock. He wouldn’t even bring a handful of views to a free FN card.

Not one person in MMA is worried about Magnys pillow fisted point fighting style.

I hate to say it but I really wouldn't be surprised if Magny is a more household name than Leon, lmao.

I can see why this fight is booked. If Khamzat wants to fast track himself to a title shot then this is the fight to take. If Leon wants to gain any relevancy then he simply can't afford to turn down yet another fight

Khamzat has been beating up on cans tbvh and I consider myself a doubter. That will change if he smeshes Leon

I can see that leon shoulda ben fighting for the belt instead of burns but both earned title shots and leon is on an 8 streak tear..

Coulda ben burns or leon but leon ducked colby wonderboy ect.. Only wanted the title fight or masvidal..

So they said if u dont fight were taking his ranking..

Leon said wait a minute mofers ill fight this untested unranked hype guy because wb and cov cant get me any ranking and colby is a hard fight...

He picked the easiest most sensible route
That’s a damn good point, I didn’t think of it like that but you are absolutely correct

The reason he wasnt matched up against Magny because a loss to Magny completely eliminates him as a contender. When he loses to Edwards it will be against the number 3 guy so it doesnt really disqualify him from being a contender.

Apparently Magny declined the December 19th date. He was talking but he wasn’t walking, it seems.
Thats not true the Ufc was never interested in having him fight Magny.

He didn't have to fight Khazmat. They offered him Geoff Neal.

I think he made the easy choice.

I can see that leon shoulda ben fighting for the belt instead of burns but both earned title shots and leon is on an 8 streak tear..

Coulda ben burns or leon but leon ducked colby wonderboy ect.. Only wanted the title fight or masvidal..

So they said if u dont fight were taking his ranking..

Leon said wait a minute mofers ill fight this untested unranked hype guy because wb and cov cant get me any ranking and colby is a hard fight...

He picked the easiest most sensible route
Leon didnt duck anyone he turned down the last minute Usman fight. He was on standby if the Colby/Woodley fight didnt go through. He then got offered Geoff Neal and Khamzat. Leon's not looking for the easiest fight he called out Colby but Colby wants to fight Masvidal or Usman. He also called out Burns after Usman decided that he needed more time to heal from an injury. Burns refused and is willing to wait

Apparently Magny declined the December 19th date. He was talking but he wasn’t walking, it seems.

A lie. Khamzat himself said it was the ufc who didn't want the magny fight.

Edwards should be fighting Gilbert Burns for a title shot. Fuckin hell, people use to claim the UFC was so much better than boxing but look what's happening now. Pick and choosing match ups to build up preferred fighters records and gifting title shots to undeserving fighters. What a fucking joke.
Leon already rejected 4 fights before this fight , that's why the UFC did that.

Don't be bitter brather.

Dude. He himself said a fee days before that the ufc weren't interested in magny. He only started talking shit about magny AFTER getting the edwards fight. Magny wanted to fight before that date.

You honestly think that magny, a guy who fought 10 times in two years, a guy who wanted to fight SOONER than chimaev wouldn't be ready in 7 weeks???

I'm siding with magny here, but you can believe what you want

Dude. He himself said a fee days before that the ufc weren't interested in magny. He only started talking shit about magny AFTER getting the edwards fight. Magny wanted to fight before that date.

You honestly think that magny, a guy who fought 10 times in two years, a guy who wanted to fight SOONER than chimaev wouldn't be ready in 7 weeks???

I'm siding with magny here, but you can believe what you want

When did Magny say that he wanted to fight sooner?

It’s not that difficult...

Magny = No name gatekeeper. He’ll do absolutely NOTHING for Khamzats stock. He wouldn’t even bring a handful of views to a free FN card.

Not one person in MMA is worried about Magnys pillow fisted point fighting style.
No name gatekeeper? Khamzat literally hasn’t fought competition better than a gatekeeper. That isn’t to say Khamzat is bad or hype, I’m just saying that it’s not an insult to fight a gatekeeper this early in his career. Khamzat it literally ranked no. 15 right now and he fast tracks to fight no. 3? That’s a HUGE step up.

I’m not blaming the guy for taking it any young hungry and upcoming fighter would, nothing wrong with that. I’m saying that the UFC is shooting this guy up past those who have good wins against elite competition.

Hope they get Magny a good fight too, looking forward to his next fight

A Magny fight would be Ponzi vs Magny on steroids.

what’s the point? Dana hates Edwards apparently.

Back