The sad truth about Jones vs Silva

N born Runner**

White Belt
Reaction score
It's obvious that Anderson doesn't view that fight as optimistically as you Anderson huggers seem to.

This is a 100% accurate description on how it would play out and feel free to bump it if this mismatch ever occurs.

Now, to business.

Jones would use his reach like he has against every MMA great he's faced thus far (that would be 4 he defeated in the span of one year counting Evans) to stay on the outside, eventually use his superior wrestling experience together with his size and leverage to get inside, sweep Anderson down on the mat and proceed gnp'ing him into oblivion like he does everyone else.

Silva has fought one truly great wrestler, Sonnen (Dan doesn't implement his wrestling that much since the decision Dan times in Japan) and Sonnen also doesn't impose the damage, or pose the difference in size and strenght that Jones would. No matter how good Silvas techique and takedown defense is, it wouldn't negate the shere physical advantage and experience Jones has coming from a wrestling background and culture.

Jones would likely give Anderson a severe ground and pound beating and leave people in shere shock from witnessing the ease and dominance of it (especially the biased ones who would suffer a reality check). This "super fight" would look like every other Jon Jones fight and there's nothing in the stylistic match up that has me feeling otherwise.

I'm not a fan of any of these superfights at all myself. And I believe Anderson would trash GSP almost as easy. I'm not a hater, but I think it's hypocrytical to call out GSP for not making the sacrifice Silva himself isn't prepared to do.

Last edited:
I'm a big Anderson fan, but I think that's how the fight would go as well. If Jones decided to keep it standing then we would have a real fun fight ending with a highlight KO victory for Anderson, but Jones has no reason to keep it standing.

I could see it going either way. You're obviously trying to annoy Anderson fans though.

Jones isn't as optimistic about the fight either. How convenient of you to exclude that information.

It's obvious that Anderson doesn't view that fight as optimistically as you Anderson huggers seem to.

This is a 100% accurate description on how it would play out and feel free to bump it if this mismatch ever occurs.

Now, to business.

Jones would use his reach like he has against every MMA great he's faced thus far (that would be 4 he defeated in the span of one year counting Evans) to stay on the outside, eventually use his superior wrestling experience together with his size and leverage to get inside, sweep Anderson downto the mat and proceed gnp'ing him into oblivion like he does everyone else.

Silva has fought one truly great wrestler, Sonnen (Dan doesn't implement his wrestling that much since the decision Dan times in Japan) and Sonnen also doesn't pose the difference in size and strenght that Jones would. No matter how good Silvas techique and takedown defense is, it wouldn't negate the shere physical advantage and experience Jones has coming from a wrestling background and culture.

Jones would likely give Anderson a severe ground and pound beating and leave people in shere shock from witnessing the dominance of it (especially the biased ones who would suffer a hard reality check). This "super fight" would look like every other Jon Jones fight and there's nothing in the stylistic match up that has me feeling otherwise.

I'm not a fan of any of these superfights at all myself. And I believe Anderson would trash GSP almost as easy. I'm not a hater, but I think it's hypocrytical to call out GSP for not making the sacrifice Silva himself isn't prepared to do.

well shit man! where have you been all my life? can Dana right now and scratch all the upcoming fights! no need for them now cauze you can predict with 100% clarity what the out come will be! damn man youve been holding out on us all this time?! shame on you!

I personally think this fight should happen immediately just so we stop getting threads about it.

Although we'd have an infinite amount more about the result....Oh god, it's never going to end, is it Sherdog?? *runs off crying*

People said this about the Belfort fight and he nearly ripped his arm off lol

Anderson has a small chance of winning by landing a devastating strike,very unlikely though as Jones is as big as him,Anderson would have to close the distance.He's not that kind of fighter.

Jones is too big for silva. Silva is too big for GSP. Both of these 'superfights' would be a beatdown for the smaller fighter. Here's my superfight plan -

GSP vs Hendricks
Silva vs Weidman
Jones vs Gus

Problem(?) solved.

The meaning of life.

Dan still relied quite a bit on his wrestling when he fought Anderson, he was able to outwrestle a much bigger Quinton Jackson in the early rounds of the fight just before. I think it's a 30-30-40 situation, with the possibilities being TKO for Silva standing up, Submission/TKO for Jones on the ground or an uneventful decision win for Jones a la Rashad, respectively.

Jones isn't as optimistic about the fight either. How convenient of you to exclude that information.

He also excluded that Anderson is the only one of the two who budged regarding the superfight.

He even said that if jones was willing and the UFC wants it they can do it if the money is right

Jones would systematically dismantle Silva, and treat him like a child in the cage.

Good chance it goes that way, but Anderson could get the better of him with striking. Jones wouldn't hurt Andy with strictly punches and so if Andy made it a kick boxing match and didn't get taken down it would be interesting.

^
1bim.jpg

Good for you, thankyou for that post, it really added to this thread about someone merely expressing their opinion. Good job buddy.

:rolleyes: hmmm...someone post w/o reading... how refreshing. the guy said "100% description" of how the fight would go. thats not an opinion "buddy". thats fortelling the future lol. get a grip. and thanks for throwing in your 2 cents as well buddy. good job :)

I don't see this fight playing out any other way simply because there is no way Silva can keep it standing.

:rolleyes: hmmm...someone post w/o reading... how refreshing. the guy said "100% description" of how the fight would go. thats not an opinion "buddy". thats fortelling the future lol. get a grip. and thanks for throwing in your 2 cents as well buddy. good job :)

But I am that certain on it. If I had Floyd Mayweather money you'd see me betting a big ass sum and bragging about it on twitter, like him.

Jones is too big for silva. Silva is too big for GSP. Both of these 'superfights' would be a beatdown for the smaller fighter. Here's my superfight plan -

GSP vs Hendricks
Silva vs Weidman
Jones vs Gus

Problem(?) solved.

Agree 100%

well shit man! where have you been all my life? can Dana right now and scratch all the upcoming fights! no need for them now cauze you can predict with 100% clarity what the out come will be! damn man youve been holding out on us all this time?! shame on you!

Yes please tell us your secrets. Actually...no, the UFC should just should just shut down because it's pointless if some guy knows how a fight is going to play out with %100 accuracy.

Back