The sad truth about Jones vs Silva

Anderson is the best fighter in MMA, he has the advantage until the fight happens, that is all.

Jones is a terrible fight for Silva, i guess he's hesitant about it because he doesn't want to get tooled badly at the tail end of his career, like Fedor did.

I don't see why anyone thinks that Silva wins this fight, Jones would take him down, that's not even debatable, and unlike Sonnen he can cause major damage from top.

well shit man! where have you been all my life? can Dana right now and scratch all the upcoming fights! no need for them now cauze you can predict with 100% clarity what the out come will be! damn man youve been holding out on us all this time?! shame on you!

Can you tell me the Lottery Numbers this week with 100% clarity as well?

If Machida can touch him and Belfort can almost submit him, Anderson has a bigger chance than u imagine TS.

Belfort got one arm bar in the first round and Jones escaped easy

If Sonnen can lay on top of Andy for 5 rounds, what makes you think Jones can't put Andy on his back for 5 rounds

Who has Jones dominated with brutal ground and pound lately? Just like Brock Lesnar before him, Jones' GNP is being severely overstated as a likely finish for him.

In case you missed it, Rashad, Rampage, and Belfort lasted multiple rounds with Jones and never got elbowed into oblivion.

I actually have to agree with TS.

If Silva defeated Jones via KO, that might be the happiest moment I've ever experienced in MMA. However, I don't think Silva would take that fight purely based on Jones' extreme size and reach advantage. On the other hand, I think Silva would beat GSP.

logic and reason again...the larger fighter wins MOST of the time when skills are comparable. Anderson knows he would PROBABLY lose so he is reluctant to take the fight.Jones knows he COULD lose so he also is reluctant. I think the odds are probably close to 70/30 for a Jones victory, and neither guy is comfortable with that.

If Sonnen can lay on top of Andy for 5 rounds, what makes you think Jones can't put Andy on his back for 5 rounds

Not even Jones said it was easy. He said he was going to let it snap if it came to that.

Who has Jones dominated with brutal ground and pound lately? Just like Brock Lesnar before him, Jones' GNP is being severely overstated as a likely finish for him.

In case you missed it, Rashad, Rampage, and Belfort lasted multiple rounds with Jones and never got elbowed into oblivion.

lol.

He broke Brandon Vera's face and now all of the sudden he's going to have Anderson fucking Silva tapping to strikes.

Jones is too big for silva. Silva is too big for GSP. Both of these 'superfights' would be a beatdown for the smaller fighter. Here's my superfight plan -

GSP vs Hendricks
Silva vs Weidman
Jones vs Shogun

Problem(?) solved.

Fixed

Oh and Silva would KO Jones unless Jackson can convince Jones to shoot over and over until he gets a takedown every round.

Last edited:

Not so easy since his arm was fucked up (torn ligaments) and is out with an injury for the time being.

He was only able to do so in the first round of the 2nd fight, giving credence to the notion that Anderson was injured in the first fight.

And there's the little thing about Jon Jones not being so open to the idea of fighting Anderson Silva.

"I don't want to be the one to beat him, and I don't want to lose to him either."
--Jon Jones on fighting Anderson Silva

So it's not so cut and dry as everyone believes.

lol.

He broke Brandon Vera's face and now all of the sudden he's going to have Anderson fucking Silva tapping to strikes.

He completely destroyed Shogun both standing and on the ground, but especially on the ground.

He cut Machida open with that elbow which boded the end for Machida from that point on.

He would make Anderson look the way Nick made leather skin BJ look.

lol.

wouldn't be surprised if he tko's anderson in the guard, anderson isn't very active off his back, jones gnp is very good.

Fixed

Oh and Silva would KO Jones unless Jackson can convince Jones to shoot over and over until he gets a takedown every round.

Shoot over and over? Jones would take him down with one easy sweep and it would stay there. Silva isn't exactly JDS or prime Chuck with the td defense or sprining back to his feet.

Jones Destroys Silva, I 100% agree with TS , Silva is scared for this fight.

wouldn't be surprised if he tko's anderson in the guard, anderson isn't very active off his back, jones gnp is very good.

He completely destroyed Shogun both standing and on the ground, but especially on the ground.

He cut Machida open with that elbow which boded the end for Machida from that point on.

He would make Anderson look the way Nick made leather skin BJ look.

God you guys are hilarious.

One elbow from the bottom in the first Chael fight and there was serious consideration if there was going to be a doctor's stoppage in between rounds.

One elbow. Off his back. With Chael in guard.

lol

"I'm not a fan of any of these superfights at all myself. And I believe Anderson would trash GSP almost as easy. I'm not a hater, but I think it's hypocrytical to call out GSP for not making the sacrifice Silva himself isn't prepared to do."

So why is the blame on Silva? Silva said he would fight Jon jones at catchweight. Which is exactly what he offered GSP a catchweight bout.

When Jon jones said "I'm moving to HVW by the end of 2013" why didn't anyone say he was dodging spider?

I agree with this. Anderson isn't pushing for the superfight with JJ because he'll lose. He's going to end up fighting some washed up 205 lb fighter to further pad his record. He should be fighting guys @ 185. Georges should of moved up to 185lbs and fought Nick Ring lol.

In order for GSP to be comparable to what Anderson has done he would have to move up to 185 and beat a couple of guys like Franklin,Okami,Hendo,Bisping,Vitor or even Belcher.

Until then GSP is lame decision fighter.

Back