The sad truth about Jones vs Silva

This is the only part that I agree with on your post... I dont think Jones could hold Silva down like Chael did.... in pure wrestling knowledge Chael or Henderson are 10000X better than Jones and even they couldnt do it.

Im not saying Jones couldnt win, I just think this is such a good fight I wouldnt know who to pick but I honestly favor Silva. Silva is the kind of genius fighter that he can pull a move out of his ass that youve never seen before and the fight is over, that kind of genius Jones simply doesnt have and that will be difference in the fight.

I agree completely the GSP fight doesnt make any sense, it simply doesnt prove anything

this is pretty much the only post i've seen that made atleast a little bit of sense.

This thread is filled with more theoretical nonsense that are only opinion and yet people are claiming them to be facts. TS opens is story with how (this is 100% accurate) when it hasn't even happened yet.

The second place TS lost me is when he compared Silva to everyone Jones has faced. Silva is miles above Belfort and even he lasted 4 rounds on the bottom. he was even pulling guard to make sure the fight got to the ground.

Silva has a history for his durability and for not getting cut. why is it that Jones is the guy to destroy him on the ground and do things to him that noone else has??

Jones doesn't have an explosive double take down he uses sweeps and trips from the clinch, who is the master of the clinch? SILVA!!
those kicks to the knee wont work on silva as quite literally as far as the UFC goes he invented them.

I can totally see why Bones would be favoured in this fight to win but anyone saying that He would !00% win and that he's a nightmare for Silva needs to have their head examined.

good old sherdog thinking that anyone with any sort of wrestling credential and that has ever subbed anyone can automatically beat the consensus worlds best fighter.

That wouldn't be a catchweight that would be MW. You're argument is a silly one, who did AS fight in his last bout? AS loses the fight to JJ.

At catchweight of 195 Anderson beats Jones all day long. I like Jones and he is good but Jones will not want that fight at all.

As strong as Jones is Anderson is just as tricky and crafty.

Anderson has a very high fight IQ if not the best. I'm sure he's been underneath many monsters over the years during his training times at many gyms.

I can't say that Jones takes it easy just off his ground game.

To many what if's

Jones could come into the fight gun shy in fear of getting KO'd. Anderson Silva has been known to force people into making a few mistakes or two that sends them to KO land. Plenty of times there is a sense of false hope during Silva's fight.

Anderson's stand up is the best there is. Jones would like his to be like that one day, if he plays that game he will lose.

I won't doubt Silva until I actually see he lose. He's on the a run like Fedor.

In order for GSP to be comparable to what Anderson has done he would have to move up to 185 and beat a couple of guys like Franklin,Okami,Hendo,Bisping,Vitor or even Belcher.

Until then GSP is lame decision fighter.

The fuck? Anderson fought cans at 205. Why the hell does GSP have to fight top MW's? I'd like to have some of what you're smoking.

Back