The Stat That Obliterates Jamahal Hill's "I Was Doing Okay" Narrative

Pereira doesn't get the credit he deserves for setting up his KO shots.
Even in KB against the best strikers in the world he'd stay calm at range and touch shots until he found the reads for the killshot. Simon Marcus, Yousari Belgaroui and Dogeni Abena all fell into sneaky traps..... I'd be more worried if Pereira did what he did to Jacoby and just walked his ass down because he didn't respect the power at all.

He got outworked by a better fighter. There was nothing surprising about that fight to me except how short it was.

Damn, ref let it go too long. Hill dropped like a bag of crap with his eyes rolled back in his head, and the ref let Pereira throw 14 more strikes at him before stopping it? Savage.
Maybe a little conspiratorial but I got the feeling all night that no ref wanted to call a stoppage. Jiri could have been pulled off about 3 times and it would have been a fair stoppage.

Alex Pereira threw a total of 1 standing head strike

It destroyed Jamahal Hill.

One.

Punch.

Total.

All the rest were leg kicks, body punches, or the ground and pound that amounted to a little bit of icing and a nice fat cherry.

It doesn't get anymore clear cut, sorry Jamahal.

You lured me in and then posted a fake stat. I am disappointed in you.

One punch just means there's even more doubt if they ever rematched. Not saying Pereira wouldn't win, but it's easier to say it was a fluke with a lack of strikes and it couldn't be replicated. Just playing devil's advocate. The whole lead up I doubted whether Hill was even fully recovered from his injury and just rushed back to headline 300 so I didn't have much faith in a good performance.

Damn, ref let it go too long. Hill dropped like a bag of crap with his eyes rolled back in his head, and the ref let Pereira throw 14 more strikes at him before stopping it? Savage.
It was totally necessary. Hell, ref should have made Alex finish him some more. Look at Hill saying that he never went out and wasn't damaged. LMAO This is why clear cut finishes need to happen. Even though it was clear that Hill was out from the gnp.

Stat or stats? Singular or plural?

Auto correct lol, new phone, doesn't seem to have much of a mastery of the language!

But yeah. Pereira only threw one standing head strike. It's not an opinion, it's a fact - plural or singular lol

Last edited:
Back