The way Strickland won…

I really thought Strickland’s Philly shell was going to be his downfall. I was predicting a head kick in the 4th. Turns out, that Philly shell coupled with that Jason Vorhees like pressure took a chunk of Izzy’s game away. I think Izzy was relying on Strickland to over extend and be off balance for a counter. That opportunity never presented itself because of Strickland’s discipline. It was amazing to see how calm Strickland was even when it seemed he had Izzy on the ropes. Never got too excited. Still giddy over this fight. The whole card was a surprisingly fun card.

I know that's well below shergogger cash flow levels and all but there's no need to make fun of the guy cuz he only had 36 million to bet.
Excuse me?

36 million...?

{<huh}

Dollars??

I honestly feel like this really resembled Silva/Weidman. Silva was outclassing everyone. All his opponents fought timid and outside because they were worried about getting KO which almost always happened anyway cuz they fought Silvas fight. Then Weidman came along with ZERO fear and excellent fundamentals and got right in Silvas face and took the win. Didn’t let him do any of his flashy nonsense.

I feel like Adesanya also beat a lot of guys who fought his fight. Outside because they’re worried about getting KO letting him do all his flashy bullshit. Strickland did the same thing Weidman did against Silva. Got right in his face with ZERO fear and took the fight to him with tight fundamentals. Like he literally beat him all fight with the classic 1-2.

His DEFENSE was amazing.

Izzy landed ELEVEN PERCENT on head strikes.

That might be the lowest connection percentage I've ever seen in 35 years of watching boxing and MMA.
Damn jeffe how’d you get dubs?

Damn jeffe how’d you get dubs?
I repeated what Radke said in his epic post fight speech and this made the naughty word police really upset for some reason.

So one of the mods decided to give me dubs and ignore around half a dozen other posters who also posted the same thing.

I repeated what Radke said in his epic post fight speech and this made the naughty word police really upset for some reason.

So one of the mods decided to give me dubs and ignore around half a dozen other posters who also posted the same thing.
Damn sucks to hear that.
Especially since I too was one of those posters,
Sorry shermano

Pretty pathetic performance by Izzy. He looked so helpless out there. He had no answers for anything. How are ya gonna get walked down by a guy throwing a 1-2 combo for the entire fight when you are a high level kick boxer
Strickland was throwing counters for every shot izzy threw. That’s what was stifling him

Damn sucks to hear that.
Especially since I too was one of those posters,
Sorry shermano
Apparently I am a repeat offender career criminal since I also received dubs for a similar reason one time 4 years ago.

I'm pretty sure they have my name and Av on a most wanted poster somewhere in a mods mom's basement.

strick%20walks%20down%20iz.gif

Imagine Anderson losing to a guy like Strickland hahahahahahahahaha!!
Silva has lost to worse opponents than Strickland (submitted by a can and outstruck/submitted by Chonan).

I understand wanting to defend Silva's legacy due to how many Sherdogs have tried to suggest that Adesanya is the Middleweight GOAT (I was never one of them), but let's not pretend like Silva's resume is without blemish.

Silva has lost to worse opponents than Strickland (submitted by a can and outstruck/submitted by Chonan).

I understand wanting to defend Silva's legacy due to how many Sherdogs have tried to suggest that Adesanya is the Middleweight GOAT (I was never one of them), but let's not pretend like Silva's resume is without blemish.
...in the beginning of his career, never in his prime and never to simpletons like Strickland: he lost with 38, way out of his prime, after 10 title defenses STREAK (that's what matters and it should be 11, he had nothing to do with Lutter missing weight in the first place) and against a young and hungry with the perfect anti-game. Adesanya didn't fight Khamzat for instance, he fought fucking Strickland. There are differences. I don't forget those losses, those happened.

What is not right is payroll (not you, of course) pretending Strickland is a monster all of a sudden that he never was. Adesanya lost to a simpleton in his prime and in his own game, Anderson would never lose like that to a guy like that, even respecting hard what Strickland did. Not to say elder Blachowicz with 38 years old, that was already a joke to a guy that is marketed 24x7 "the best UFC striker of all times". Said no one ever.

That's a difference between marketing and real: Anderson never really talked english (short of broken statements here and there), never invented anything, gave 0 fucks to social media etc because his fighting style always talked for himself. Not some random no-good weirdo saying will knock out in almost every single pre-fight interview and when the octagon closes he isn't able to give a show at all. Like I always said, that's what separates geniuses from good fighters, Adesanya is a good fighter but that's it.

Last edited:
Nah cause I’m thinking about it, and I can’t go back that far to find it but I swear in a “how can Strickland win” kind of thread, I literally said the 1 2, don’t give him the range and learn to check kicks. I’m a genius!

Back