The WR Lounge v 294 - Am I a Weeb?

Is TS a Weeb

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we can’t have nice things. Me and @N13 hung out here for quite awhile.
I used to pop in here from time to time, but my time on the Dog ebbs and flows so this place ended up less visited than the WR. I get a Junkiom vibe from this place that I'm not sure how to feel about.

Only old dorks will get that reference.

It's not just because of two posters, it's because the Lounge has become both more than it was intended to be, and also more problematic.

I don't think that's because of the Lounge's intended purpose, though. There will always be toxic people who take things too far, but you guys do a pretty good job of maintaining the site's integrity while letting posters air their issues with eachother. It's like if Steve Smoger was an admin here. He'd let the fighters fight, but will always step in to maintain order if he needs. I don't think a handful of immature posters ruining the Lounge temporarily means the Lounge should be done away with period. Almost everybody else uses it for what it was intended for.

Nah, I’d say we failed. Plat patriots was supposed to unite the WR but things still descended into nonstop assholery. This is the underground stage possibly. Would that be stage 4?
My plats run out and the lounge gets the ax. I take full responsibility for this happening.

So far it sounds like keeping the lounge threads in the WR and applying the no flaming rule is most appealing. Should ban politics from it too. Fuck that shit.

This. Spamming political tweets ruins the Lounge. Those posters need to go make a thread instead.

@Ruprecht, @Khabib Khanate, @irish_thug, what did it for Trots? User requested?

In a manner of speaking, although I'm not sure if he realised that was what his deleted posts were implying.

On that note, the information that is said to have been revealed about tonni has not been revealed on this site. Nothing has been posted tying that information to him unless it was something revealed to posters off site, and given the drama that's unfurled very little can be said about it now without revealing the details.
So be smart and don't discuss it.

Sorry Greg, but we're taking at least a day off from Lounge threads.
In the mean time, what would peoples opinions be of moving the Lounge to the OT or applying Mayberry flaming rules as a means of reducing drama?

Seems like this is meant to stifle discussion more so than to minimize drama.

Yeah, I'd rather see posts about metal and whiny complaints about tweets banned.
I shit it up with music posts from time to time but it was mainly meant for keeping off topic arguments from ruining other threads

It morphed into a chat thread where people post music and somewhat talk about politics

I shit it up with music posts from time to time but it was mainly meant for keeping off topic arguments from ruining other threads

It morphed into a chat thread where people post music and somewhat talk about politics

Yeah, I'm kidding. But the idea of banning politics stuff is crazy IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back