Theft is so bad in San Francisco that Groceries are now Locked Up

Store near me comes and takes baby formula to the front and they ring it up. Would be a pain for them to do for basic items but if it stops people then sure.

Eventually stores will go back to doing things the way they were done in the 1800s where people took a list to the store and the clerk got the items from behind a counter or a stockroom. The way things are done now, letting people look to see what is available and gathering their own items came about when it was realized that people would impulse buy when they saw items they weren't aware existed.

It's funny because people have said in the past that stores doing this is racist.

Profit margins don't give a fuck about your feelings.

If you think about it, it's racist to say it's racist

Ah America, where you go to get groceries and the employees treat you like a criminal after you've paid for your stuff. In most countries I've been to, you can just leave after you pay for your things.

It would be tough being a shop owner in a democrat run city, where shop lifting is legal. Wouldn't be much fun though being a shopper.

Everything is fine, you guys are just conspiracy theorists and racists and homophobes and meanies!!
It's basically this one bad area on this one bad street. It's not even a large amount of people causing the problem. It's just this one homeless guy who can't get help cause trump or something is keeping him down. Otherwise sf is heaven on earth. The street feces and crime is right wing fake news

Eventually stores will go back to doing things the way they were done in the 1800s where people took a list to the store and the clerk got the items from behind a counter or a stockroom. The way things are done now, letting people look to see what is available and gathering their own items came about when it was realized that people would impulse buy when they saw items they weren't aware existed.
If they did that Amazon food orders would be popping.

There is a video of a guy buying a blowtorch then using the blow torch to cut off all those locks.

Last edited:
Where I live we have unmanned stands in people's front yards selling fresh fruit and vegetables, pies, firewood, fresh cut flowers, etc. There's a little money box there and all transactions are done on the honor system. Pick what you want, put the money in the box and leave. Never any issues.

Where I live we have unmanned stands in people's front yards selling fresh fruit and vegetables, pies, firewood, fresh cut flowers, etc. There's a little money box there and all transactions are done on the honor system. Pick what you want, put the money in the box and leave. Never any issues.

Where do you live, exactly?

daffy-duck-writting-notes.gif

Back