There is a lack of stars right now

I'm not on the same page. Right now, the UFC is at its peak popularity. McGregor's still got two fights left in his contract. Jon Jones is the UFC Heavyweight champ. Then you've got Pereira, O'Malley, Topuria, Makhachev, Edwards, and Du Plessis who are all lined up with some really skilled and tough opponents in their divisions, making for some exciting and competitive matchups to look forward to.

You should fight McGregor after he fights Chandler. I think you are in the perfect position to push for that fight. If he loses to Chandler, definitely try to fight McGregor on his last contract fight with the UFC.
I think both of them should retire after they fight. It's our time now

Russians and muslims are big in that part of the world but will never be huge with western fans.

Topuria and O'Malley are totally stars right now, though Topuria's appeal is obviously larger in the European market and less in the American one. Topuria got promotion from Real Madrid, one of the biggest sports franchises on the planet

I think at flyweight Mokaev could be a draw with the proper push
Naw, Mokaev needs a lot of work. His last fight was awful even in victory. His takedowns consist of dropping to the floor like a sack of potatoes and desperately trying for a single leg.

The optics of his fight style is actually hilarious. It looks like his legs literally go weak and give out whenever a punch comes within striking distance. Then he tries to make it look like a takedown attempt.

His scrambles are solid and he has some submission chops.

GSP is a star? He's a GOAT but lets not act like he brought non-watchers into the sport, he's too calm for that. I'd argue that Colby drew in more attention than he did in his time and thats going to ruffle a lot of feathers but its true.

Khabib brought more of the eastern world (particularly islamic nations) through his performance against conor. If that fight was delayed and never happened like the Ferguson one, he wouldn't be a star at all or thrown into goat convos as much as he has.
Bro seriously.

GSP isn't a star?

Just stop it.

UFC dieded along time ago.

But shit went downhill FAST when Platinum left.

0*nERAlng5NSoDeo8a.gif

GSP is a star? He's a GOAT but lets not act like he brought non-watchers into the sport, he's too calm for that. I'd argue that Colby drew in more attention than he did in his time and thats going to ruffle a lot of feathers but its true.

Khabib brought more of the eastern world (particularly islamic nations) through his performance against conor. If that fight was delayed and never happened like the Ferguson one, he wouldn't be a star at all or thrown into goat convos as much as he has.
GSP was a star within the confines of MMA. Kind of like Randy Couture, Bisping etc. They got roles in major film releases directly due to their fame within MMA.

If we are only including people that turned non MMA fans into viewers as stars, then there's only really Conor and Ronda.

Yup, its getting real stale.

GSP vs Diaz did 950k buys when the average for that year for the UFC was 350k. GSP vs Penn II did 920k. GSP vs Bisping did 875k. GSP Shields 800k. GSP Koscheck II 785k. GSP Hardy 770k.

GSP was a massive star.

We definitely don't need more Conor clowns, have enough of them. What we need is a GSP/Silva style fighter. Someone who shows up and owns people for years. To create the mystic again.

It was always going to be impossible to follow on from the McGregor era.

Reactions: HHJ
Hard to build stars when half your events are in empty arenas.

You have me lads. The next big UFC star mark my words. Are u guys ready?
Dude, you lost against Gordon and couldn’t finish the ghost of Tony Ferguson.
“Hand sanitizer boy” just dethroned the GOAT FW and will likely sellout an arena in Spain while the only title you ever win is a Hotdog Eating Championship. 😂

I think we are in desperate need in some long reigning champions, UFC is lacking that a lot. The belts get passed around like confetti and they champs are too inactive as well and after zero title defenses they are wanting a so called "superfight", its so lame.

I miss champions who defend their belts against all the number 1 contenders and go on long reigns, it makes them a star and also they get that aura. These days everyone wants a superfight after no title defenses lol, its beyond ridiculous, and its not a superfight is it, its done too often now, its lost all of its appeal, they have barely done anything.

One of the big reasons guys like GSP, Anderson, Jones, Aldo, Hughes and others are so remembered and still talked about too this day is because they were long reigning champs and they defended their belts against the number 1 contenders in the division time after time after time.. they actually had some substance and something about them

Back