Things that are surprisingly worse with new technology

I think communication as a whole has suffered massively due to technology sir.

Customer service of every kind just about.

Dating is a fuckin mess from what I can tell.

Shopping (I still don't buy online).
Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Disagree. I'm lazy and fuck going shopping in person; I'd prefer to click a button and have it magically appear at my front door.
They make decent stuff but it reminded me of this View attachment 1036989
Looks totally legit.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Disagree. I'm lazy and fuck going shopping in person; I'd prefer to click a button and have it magically appear at my front door.

I think today was the first time I've gone shopping in person for 6 months now...

If I go shopping and something I get is fucked up...I go right back to the store.
If I get online I hate to wait until it gets there...then if its fucked up I have to wait for it to get back there, and wait to receive it again....fuck all that sir.

I gotta buy that expensive fricking PS5 or whatever number they are at now when the new GrandTheftAuto game comes out.
Only time I buy a game console

I won't hate on you for that sir, I just don't care about games anymore.

I need to see things before I buy them sir.
Earlier today, I needed a new basin, tapware and a convection cooktop to redo my bench. That's the kind of stuff I will go shopping for as I want to know how it looks before I buy.

Yesterday I bought a bunch of batteries... and who gives a crap about that stuff? Most shit is fine to buy online.

Earlier today, I needed a new basin, tapware and a convection cooktop to redo my bench. That's the kind of stuff I will go shopping for as I want to know how it looks before I buy.

Yesterday I bought a bunch of batteries... and who gives a crap about that stuff? Most shit is fine to buy online.

I can get batteries at the supermarket while I get Prosciutto lol.

Still doing renos? I thought you were all done?

Still doing renos? I thought you were all done?
Oh god no... This will just basically be a brand new house by the time I'm done.

I was going to do the bench much later but the asshats in charge of the country have decided to make all manufactured stone illegal. I mean, sure, they could just enforce safety standards for manufacturing the stuff but it's easier to just make it illegal, put thousands of people out of work and shutdown a crapload of businesses.

If I don't do it now, I'll never be able to match the stone with the other kitchen and laundries... fucking politician assholes.

Yeah but I got packs of 50, AA's and 50 AAA's for really cheap with free delivery.

Shit in bulk, super cheap and delivered to my door.

Oh god no... This will just basically be a brand new house by the time I'm done.

I was going to do the bench much later but the asshats in charge of the country have decided to make all manufactured stone illegal. I mean, sure, they could just enforce safety standards for manufacturing the stuff but it's easier to just make it illegal, put thousands of people out of work and shutdown a crapload of businesses.

If I don't do it now, I'll never be able to match the stone with the other kitchen and laundries... fucking politician assholes.
Fuck that’s most annoying. Good idea to get it sorted then. What else is on your reno list?

Fuck that’s most annoying. Good idea to get it sorted then. What else is on your reno list?
Redo the driveway and carport, redo the whole pool area, put in a nice gazebo/BBQ area up top, other stuff like cameras around the place, some landscaping etc, the wine cellar needs work and I want to put a large, bolted in fireproof safe under the house...

By the end of it, I'll probably spend like a million dollars renovating this place but it'll be badass.

Redo the driveway and carport, redo the whole pool area, put in a nice gazebo/BBQ area up top, other stuff like cameras around the place, some landscaping etc, the wine cellar needs work and I want to put a large, bolted in fireproof safe under the house...

By the end of it, I'll probably spend like a million dollars renovating this place but it'll be badass.
Your local tradies must love you lol

Planned obsolescence is a real thing.
Agreed.

And even in cases where it's not planned every unnecessary thing you add to a system is one more thing to break.

The washing machine my parents bought in the '70s we were still using in the early 2000s because it didn't have a PCB in it getting vibrated around until every connection was broken.

Health.

For example, processed foods are destroying entire generations of people. When we ate simple foods, unfucked with by technology, everyone was better off.

Now we have land whales and all sorts of decrepit zombies roaming the earth.

There's whole industries based on them sick land whales, they've got absolutely no reason to keep them healthy, keep them sick and keep them eating, more drugs you can create to keep them going the better.

You also get to drive around town , listen to your fave jams and interact with folks if you go out shopping instead of staying home.

I only shop on line for hard to get things I won't find in the store. And I'd kill for there Tobe an entire gi joe isle like when we were kids and to never fuck with ebay again. People are slick at hiding damage and it sucks. Like I wish I could drive to some ones house and smack them with a yellow wiffle ball bat for selling me a blue Sgt slather with a painted cracked thumb!

Change for the sake of change. Most of us have probably experienced this in recent years with some browser, application, etc. Some of them operate very well, yet they still feel the need to constantly change things that more often than not make them shittier to use.

You also get to drive around town , listen to your fave jams and interact with folks if you go out shopping instead of staying home.

I only shop on line for hard to get things I won't find in the store. And I'd kill for there Tobe an entire gi joe isle like when we were kids and to never fuck with ebay again. People are slick at hiding damage and it sucks. Like I wish I could drive to some ones house and smack them with a yellow wiffle ball bat for selling me a blue Sgt slather with a painted cracked thumb!

Someone gets it in here lol

Change for the sake of change. Most of us have probably experienced this in recent years with some browser, application, etc. Some of them operate very well, yet they still feel the need to constantly change things that more often than not make them shittier to use.
Kinda like the Sherdog "upgrade".

Yeah but I got packs of 50, AA's and 50 AAA's for really cheap with free delivery.

Shit in bulk, super cheap and delivered to my door.

I don't need that many batteries tbf sir.

Texting instead of calling sometimes.

If someone texts me, I call them back 9 out of 10 times.
Phone call takes two seconds to figure shit out.

Back