News Tim Lane, Xtreme Couture coach found dead at 49

R.I.P Sir

TO THE FALLEN WARRIORS.

To the fallen warriors of the battles fought inside, I know it's hard to ask for help...because even the broken have pride.

I know it sucks to be broken, because broken toys never last...but there's always somebody out there that will help you at... the slightest ask.

Fear of judgement, fear of hope...should never be the reason we...stop looking through the scope.
We are all closer than you think, broken in our own ways...today is fucked up, and we cant find a way out...gotta keep searching for better days.

Reach out your hand, you'd be surprised who's on the other end, might be your doctor...might be your best friend.

As I say often.

"KEEP YOUR HEAD UP FOR IT'S THE ONLY WAY THE SUN CAN TOUCH ONES FACE"

Mental illness mixed with alcohol and drugs will always lead you down the path of death. Not everyone on that path unfortunately turns around.

The saddest thing about suicide is you think ending your own pain will bring you peace but in reality it just transfers your pain to all your loved ones and friends.

"The saddest thing about suicide is you think ending your own pain will bring you peace but in reality it just transfers your pain to all your loved ones and friends."

Exactly sir, it's a no win situation.

May he rest in eternal peace. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

It is so much harder than you'd think (not you personally, anyone in general).
From personal experience, the American healthcare system makes you jump through so many hoops. They deny you refill requests for standard anti depressants, letting you suffer from withdrawals effects essentially till you do their dance.
Finding a psychiatrist or a psychologist is nearly impossible
It's basically, say you're going to kill yourself and get admitted to a inpatient facility or go to ER, where you'll wait forever and be given cookie cutter advice and probably just some meds and be sent on your way.
It's fucked.
I swear they bank on suicide as a necessity for society.
I'm going through one of the hardest times in my life and have had almost no help from any doctor worth a shit despite relentlessly trying.
There needs to be more action and less empty words.
I'm glad that mental health is finally being taken seriously, because it doesn't matter how macho, tough or physically strong you are. A fucked up brain and anxiety disorder is one of the scariest things you can go through.
If killing machines who are trained to be some of the toughest people on the planet are coming home from war and killing themselves over PTSD, anxiety and depression, it can destroy anyone's life.
So much truth to this. I shit post on here and troll but it's honestly a better alternative than sitting around thinking about my health problems and some of the shit my friends and family go through. Our Healthcare system is a joke, they fuck us over if you have physical, mental or behavioral health problems and only care when they're forced to or if you have x amount of money. God bless the sincere Healthcare professionals out there fighting against a fucked off system of pedantic administrators.

RIP. Suicide as always sad. A bit off topic, but didn't 1 of the Jiu-Jitsu coaches at X-Treme Couture commit suicide a few years ago? I may be remembering incorrectly & it could have been at a different organization/camp.
It was Robert Follis who was a coach at Xtreme Couture and Team Quest.

So strange. The guy had a good place to work, lots of friends and colleagues, and he looked healthy.

The brain is strange. You never know what some folks are going through and dealing with even if it looks like their life is set.

RIP Tim

Suicide is always sad, but imo it's to be prefered to not chosing your own time of death,

You were brought into this world against your will. You should have the right to leave it as you please. Not to mention it is your body and your life, if you want to give it up theres nothing wrong with that.

So strange. The guy had a good place to work, lots of friends and colleagues, and he looked healthy.

The brain is strange. You never know what some folks are going through and dealing with even if it looks like their life is set.

RIP Tim

Yes outwardly he looked perfectly fine, but inwardly he was struggling severely with his demons. Once you become irrational by depression, you start thinking of desperate measures to relieve that pain. The guy must have been in his darkest moment where he can't see any light for him to take his life like that. There was no other option for him at that moment.

You were brought into this world against your will. You should have the right to leave it as you please. Not to mention it is your body and your life, if you want to give it up theres nothing wrong with that.

To a degree I might agree.. if someone is terminally ill or going to jail for life or something like that, sure. I can at least understand that.

But for someone who is a normal, useful member of society who has their life together, that should not be an option because it is obviously caused by mental illness. You want to help those people so they can continue their lives, not end it.

It is so much harder than you'd think (not you personally, anyone in general).
From personal experience, the American healthcare system makes you jump through so many hoops. They deny you refill requests for standard anti depressants, letting you suffer from withdrawals effects essentially till you do their dance.
Finding a psychiatrist or a psychologist is nearly impossible
It's basically, say you're going to kill yourself and get admitted to a inpatient facility or go to ER, where you'll wait forever and be given cookie cutter advice and probably just some meds and be sent on your way.
It's fucked.
I swear they bank on suicide as a necessity for society.
I'm going through one of the hardest times in my life and have had almost no help from any doctor worth a shit despite relentlessly trying.
There needs to be more action and less empty words.
I'm glad that mental health is finally being taken seriously, because it doesn't matter how macho, tough or physically strong you are. A fucked up brain and anxiety disorder is one of the scariest things you can go through.
If killing machines who are trained to be some of the toughest people on the planet are coming home from war and killing themselves over PTSD, anxiety and depression, it can destroy anyone's life.

Two points:
"If killing machines who are trained to be some of the toughest people on the planet are coming home from war and killing themselves over PTSD, anxiety and depression, it can destroy anyone's life."

Keep in mind that most of these "killing machines" are regular guys who had no idea of what they were getting into.

Totally agree about the insanity of the american healthcare system. It only works well for people with lots of money and then it works beautifully. For the rest it's just a long sequence of bureaucratic obstacles and very expensive treatments. If you have mental health issues you are pretty much screwed.

But for someone who is a normal, useful member of society who has their life together, that should not be an option because it is obviously caused by mental illness. You want to help those people so they can continue their lives, not end it.

no. it should be an option because The right to live logically implies the right to die.
If you have the right to own a computer that means that you have the right to destroy it if you so desire. If you have the right to voluntarily live, then that life is truly yours only insofar you also have the corollary right to voluntarily give it up. If you would only have the right to live but not die, then by definition that would not be a true right since a true right must also always ha to contain a voluntary choice. If there is only one option, then there is no room for any choices. In the latter case.
suicide Prevention is Pure Evil, It is Torture and abuse of suffering people (u can suffer from existing without having a mental illness)

I am going through some shit right now mentally but I am trying super hard mainly due to amalgam sickness. Hope he didn't have amalgams

Rip man

no. it should be an option because The right to live logically implies the right to die.
If you have the right to own a computer that means that you have the right to destroy it if you so desire. If you have the right to voluntarily live, then that life is truly yours only insofar you also have the corollary right to voluntarily give it up. If you would only have the right to live but not die, then by definition that would not be a true right since a true right must also always ha to contain a voluntary choice. If there is only one option, then there is no room for any choices. In the latter case.
suicide Prevention is Pure Evil, It is Torture and abuse of suffering people (u can suffer from existing without having a mental illness)

No, its treatment for mental illness. I don't believe someone who isn't mentally ill wants to die. People suffer emotional pain, but it does not last. Suicide prevention is not pure evil - they aren't forcing folks to check in daily. It is for folks who want help. If you want to put a bullet in your brain, no one is stopping you buddy.

Back