Time to pay the toll for UFC 300 being stacked. UFC 301 is a glorified Apex card.

This is one of those PPVs where the locals will probably be happy enough but everyone outside of Brazil may or may not tune in. I predicted Pantoja to be champ like 3 years ago so I'm interested in how his career turns out. Michel should have a good fight and Caio finally gets a real test. Then there's Aldo's return so I'll watch. Maybe Smith will get KO'd too.

Some really good matchups though. Gonna be a fun card, I think.

It's usually the ones we sleep on that deliver the most.

Even 300, many of us (myself included) were complaining of lack of star power or match ups.

But that card kicked serious ass overall.
There is two kinds of hype, pre and post event. Pre is great because we all like to be excited and looking forward to something. Post is great because it means we had a good night of fights. When you get those rare ones that hit on both ends… *chef’s kiss*

It doesn't feel ppv worthy after 300. It's not an objectively bad card, but it ain't moving any needles.
That's only because 300 was amazing.
For a long time to come, every PPV will be compared to 300 and they will all look bad by comparison.

Its a bad one, but it's a Brazil card. Its rare to get a good international card unless it's England or Arab money

I take advantage of the UFC offering free streaming for all internet users, so I'm always happy to watch whatever.

It's still got some hardcore fan bangers like Joaquim Silva vs Drakkar Klose, Brener vs Orolbai, and Bonfim vs Pichel

Everyone knew this when they had to pull Alex from the card, they just did two of the best back to back cards ever so Brazil was gonna suffer for it.

Come on man a title fight and Jose Aldo are on it

Not PPV worthy but better than most free Apex cards

Title fight is for Flyweight, which the UFC used to put on vs/fuel/fox and refuse to pay PPV points to the champion.

On top of that it's the least popular FLW champ against basically a nobody that jumped the line because of so many recent rematches.

Jose Aldo, despite being a legend, is semi-washed and coming out of retirement so he can finish his contract and fight elsewhere.

I would agree with your overall assessment though - not PPV worthy, but better than most recent APEX cards.....if we are being honest this really says something about how watered down APEX cards have become....

This should be a free PPV like that one they had a year or two ago

That's only because 300 was amazing.
For a long time to come, every PPV will be compared to 300 and they will all look bad by comparison.
Completely false. This clearly isn't ppv-worthy even in a pre-300 world. It's headlined by a champion few people actually care about (I actually like Pantoja) fighting the #10 contender, ffs. And the co-main is an old, retired legend against someone who's not even in the top 10.

Pantoja is the only fighter on the card ranked within the top 9 of his division. Show me another ppv card that you can say the same about.

It's usually the ones we sleep on that deliver the most.

Even 300, many of us (myself included) were complaining of lack of star power or match ups.

But that card kicked serious ass overall.
If sherbros are ragging hard on a card, it always turns out to be must-see, so I'm with you.

Plus, cards like that often turn a "nobody" in your mind into a "that guy was an animal, I'm rooting for him next time" kind of guy.

ill be watching the canelo alvarez vs jaime munguia boxing match instead that night

canelo.jpeg

just having a crowd makes it better than an apex card
apex cards are wet farts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back